N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Haha maybe I was a bit over dramatic with my wording :p but it is genuinely my least favourite main title Mario game, and I've played pretty much all of them. It's especially sad to me that 3D World sold less when it's a far better game in every aspect.

And as it stands... I actually prefer Luigi U :p NSMBU was so by the books it was almost unplayable (for me but maybe I've just been playing too much Mario) whereas the mad difficulty curve of Luigi U at least made it a bit more interesting. That and I think the 90 second level time limit really helped the pace of the game.

EDIT: But yes, those graphics are disgusting and that music is something else. Sounds like something someone would play on an old organ at some town hall event in a small village.

Wii hasnt played NES remix so not sure on why he's so confident on their quality, great games. But then he thinks dark stalkers 2 should be in there which is crazy talk... All subjective I guess.

Child of light is awful and can't believe its there. Disney infinity is good but not a top game, same with sonic....

Personally for me pikmin 3 is probably my favourite gsme in the system, probably my favourite game of the past few years + Hyrule warriors would also be in my top 10!

That's the thing everyone's entitled to their opinion and it takes all sorts. Yes I agree Dark Stalkers 2 shouldn't be in the list but then it's not a Wii U game which could explain its absence. :p

Darksiders II on the other hand is a great game and should be there. The trouble is not too many people have played it.

That's the thing everyone's entitled to their opinion and it takes all sorts. Yes I agree Dark Stalkers 2 shouldn't be in the list but then it's not a Wii U game which could explain its absence. :p

Darksiders II on the other hand is a great game and should be there. The trouble is not too many people have played it.

Dammit... But I biught darksiders 2, found it incredibly dull, like a phenomenally inept Zelda rip off.

I'd disagree there, I got very bored of the game. That series has really run its course in my opinion. It's too cookie cutter in the way they make sequels to it. Same themes, environments, gameplay, the way you advance over the map. Pretty much everything bar a few new power ups each time feels the same tbh.

Edited by Sheikah

The Map in Super Mario Bros U might looks very colourful but it has been done so many times before; in my opinion, 3D game hubs are much more interesting. Jumping through a painting in Super Mario 64 was inspired, made even better by little Easter eggs like jumping through hidden walls, into ink/oil, into a window, looking up at the sun.

I was disappointed to see the map mechanic make its way into New Super Mario 3D world (along with the map associated 'worlds' and facing mini bosses along the way). It made the game feel like somewhere between a handheld and console game, and I think the map system limited the freedom of the game.

I don't have an issue with the maps in New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Mario 3D World but I am definitely ready for a new 3D Mario game in the vein of Super Mario 64 as the time is arguably right for it, I'm not saying release it this year just...

Show us a glimpse at E3, give us something Nintendo. : peace:

I don't have an issue with the maps in New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Mario 3D World but I am definitely ready for a new 3D Mario game in the vein of Super Mario 64 as the time is arguably right for it, I'm not saying release it this year just...

Show us a glimpse at E3, give us something Nintendo. : peace:

Na. I say hold off and have it for launch of the next console ;)

New Super Mario Bros is an incredible 2d platformer, but the presentation did make it feel little stale, plus it came too soon after the awful NSMB2, too much. I'm hoping they take a big break and let us create our own with Mario Maker for a while.

As for the next Mario, yeah, I think launch on the next console now, Nintendo are clearly not really putting everything into the Wii U, so just hold big things back now and launch in style.

Nintendo need to keep farming out IP to 3rd parties, making smaller awesome stuff, maybe using old engines - make a new Pikmin for example, maybe even another Zelda spin off from the new engine etc.

The thing with NSMBU is that it just feels so cheap and bland. It's as if they took the Wii engine and gave it a HD upgrade...The sound/music doesn't help either.

Rayman Legends...now THAT is how you create a HD 2D platformer. I wish Nintendo used that engine because it's utterly beautiful.

The thing with NSMBU is that it just feels so cheap and bland. It's as if they took the Wii engine and gave it a HD upgrade...The sound/music doesn't help either.

Rayman Legends...now THAT is how you create a HD 2D platformer. I wish Nintendo used that engine because it's utterly beautiful.

Rayman Legends' aesthetics were good, but gameplay was mediocre :/

Rayman Legends' aesthetics were good, but gameplay was mediocre :/

I have...literally no clue how you could claim that.

Gameplay is TIGHT. It's precision engineered, a thing of beauty. I dread to think how much time they must have spent playing through their levels to make sure the music matched up to your character movement. If you're going to say the rest of the game was dull, the gameplay was pretty tight elsewhere too. Such a great game and a breath of fresh air in the face of the Mario Bros format, which has been pretty conserved for decades.

Gameplay is TIGHT. It's precision engineered, a thing of beauty. I dread to think how much time they must have spent playing through their levels to make sure the music matched up to your character movement. If you're going to say the rest of the game was dull, the gameplay was pretty tight elsewhere too. Such a great game and a breath of fresh air in the face of the Mario Bros format, which has been pretty conserved for decades.

I see your Rayman Legends Castle Rock gameplay and raise you a 5-player session of NSMBU:

Those stages are amazing, yes. But there's just like 7 of them out of over 80 stages. Overall, the gameplay is middling at best.

Edited by Serebii