N-Europe

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Grazza

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people weren't happy when the game was first revealed, but that changed with some good trailers, notably the October Nintendo Direct.

I remember being pretty excited back at the start. That Direct trailer turned a lot of people around though. Some people are still clinging to the hate, but you can't please everyone I suppose.

Feels good the best new games this holiday are on Nintendo systems I already own.

Edited by Guy

I agree @Guy I've been hyped since day one - PLAYABLE PRINCESS PEACH!!!! :D

It's nice to see such high review scores as it shouldn't ever have been in doubt that this was going to be anything less than brilliant from Nintendo. I think peoples expectations were too set on a 'new' Mario and automatically dismissed this without knowingly too much about it at all.

Game looks better, now that I've seen the October trailer.

Shame I don't own a WiiU. Bundle the console with the game for 200€ and I will get one.

This won't happen for the next one or two years, though - if ever...

Well, Nintendo will be able to survive without me buying their games :p

What on earth would make you think that? Just because it's positive? Mistakes happen, you know. Even I've accidentally uploaded stuff that shouldn't be up yet

It's Nintendo's biggest game of the year, only real big game for Wii U this Christmas and it just so happens to get posted online? Hhhmmmm. Nobody breaks the embargo but IGN of all places? A professionally run site and one of if not the biggest out there? It stays up for an hour and then suddenly gets yanked. I'm not aware but maybe you can tell me when this has happened with a Nintendo game on IGN? This is a sure fire way of getting attention for a game, you can't buy publicity like that?

hCCE658DE

Edited by Wii

It's Nintendo's biggest game of the year, only real big game for Wii U this Christmas and it just so happens to get posted online? Hhhmmmm. Nobody breaks the embargo but IGN of all places? A professionally run site and one of if not the biggest out there? It stays up for an hour and then suddenly gets yanked. I'm not aware but maybe you can tell me when this has happened with a Nintendo game on IGN? This is a sure fire way of getting attention for a game, you can't buy publicity like that?

Technically if what you're saying is true, then obviously you CAN buy publicity like that :heh:

The review was good, so Nintendo have nothing to lose from it going live earlier. Kudos to them if this was intentional, it has generated a lot of traffic for IGN, hype for the game and if Nintendo were in on it no heads will roll.

Wii Logic:

Something goes bad for Nintendo and Nintendo end up looking bad: Nintendo are bastards.

Something goes right for Nintendo and Nintendo end up looking good: Nintendo are bastards.

I honestly don't see any conspiracy here, reviews are finished before the embargoes are lifted and occasionally things slip out in the same way some people get their console shipped early by mistake.

Wii Logic:

Something goes bad for Nintendo and Nintendo end up looking bad: Nintendo are bastards.

Something goes right for Nintendo and Nintendo end up looking good: Nintendo are bastards.

I honestly don't see any conspiracy here, reviews are finished before the embargoes are lifted and occasionally things slip out in the same way some people get their console shipped early by mistake.

Zechs logic.........I don't care what you think.

Super Mario 3D World - Over 15 Minutes *ROSALiNA* Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QUKNsouc6DQ

Edited by Wii

Wii Logic:

Fine I'll deal with it. Did I say they were b@st@rds or that it was a bad thing? No. I merely asked if it was done deliberately. If it was I think it's a stroke of genius. When I asked could you buy publicity like that, it was a rhetorical question. Look at the buzz it's created. More power to them and again if deliberate, fair play, more strategies and outside the box thinking like this in future I say. It's worked in their favour and I'm delighted it's scored well. It's helping to evaporate any fears I have about this game. In future get your facts straight and don't surmise to know what I'm thinking and stop spouting lies.

RE: IGN (ITITION, it's the remix to).

Big sites such as IGN are the only ones that can get away with breaking embargos as they know companies won't stop sending them games because of their clout/readership.

Deals between sites and companies can and do exist, and for all we know could have happened here, but a big site breaking an embargo isn't necessarily anything more than them knowing they can get away with it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!