Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt the most beautiful game Nintendo have ever made, and if this is what they can do with landscapes and vistas I'd be more than happy for the next Mario game to ditch space and stay on land!

Just imagine what Zelda is gonna look like?

*faints*

Just imagine what Zelda is gonna look like?

*faints*

Droool. All about art style though, hope they nail it, like they clearly have for MK8.

Though if a ten minute period in my dreams last night were any indication, Zelda U will end up being a horribly underwhelming mostly 2D side-scrolling game.

Droool. All about art style though, hope they nail it, like they clearly have for MK8.

Though if a ten minute period in my dreams last night were any indication, Zelda U will end up being a horribly underwhelming mostly 2D side-scrolling game.

I actually started planning (in my head) a sequel to Zelda 2. 2D Like the other, with a huge map to lead to new areas forests, cave, desserts, castles etc.(including bonus secret ones). Level-up system for you/magic/weapons. Metroid style explore/get new abilities/pass new area system. Sword fighting mechanics being some sort of weird beat-emup style mechanics with many new techniques to learn.. Items including a special "Fairy in a Bottle" that you guides around he screen with the stylus to do special things (uses magic up).

*returns from blackout on this game*

Since I'm going to be away from June 1st to June 7th I decided to Book May 30th off work so I can have a full day with this before heaidng off for the week :)

Got the holiday request returned today as approved : peace:

*returns to blackout*

I actually started planning (in my head) a sequel to Zelda 2. 2D Like the other, with a huge map to lead to new areas forests, cave, desserts, castles etc.(including bonus secret ones). Level-up system for you/magic/weapons. Metroid style explore/get new abilities/pass new area system. Sword fighting mechanics being some sort of weird beat-emup style mechanics with many new techniques to learn.. Items including a special "Fairy in a Bottle" that you guides around he screen with the stylus to do special things (uses magic up).

Sounds good, I'd love a sequel to Adventure of Link, similar to what they did with Megaman 9 and 10. It will never in a million years happen of course, but we can dream.

Only 2 player local online... Sonic racing had 5 player local online...

Nintendo has locked the framerate for 1 & 2 player, and online, at 60fps. Locked 3 to 4 player at 30fps. If they were to add a fifth or have 3-5 player online, it'd cause latency issues.

I'd rather a fine tuned, fluid, online experience to something that jumps all over the show like Sonic did.

Besides, how often did you play that mode on Sonic?

To be honest, if I have 5 friends round, I'm going to be playing local multiplayer with them. I don't know if I'm unusual in this, but online is just a concession for me now that most of my friends can't regularly play locally..

Maybe Nintendo saw that few people chose the local player online mode on the Wii Version so expanding it wasn't a priority?

Has it got voice chat? No word on that I presume?

It ain't gonna happen. But if by some miracle it does then the Mario Kart League will be a cocktail of profanities and funny as fuck. There's only one thing better than red shelling the guy in front and that's calling it beforehand. Much like a nutmeg in fact.

It also let the game pad player play on the screen while the everyone else played on the TV. It's a shame when Nintendo's own game uses the game pad in worse ways than a 3rd party launch title.

Nintendo has locked the framerate for 1 & 2 player, and online, at 60fps. Locked 3 to 4 player at 30fps. If they were to add a fifth or have 3-5 player online, it'd cause latency issues.

I'd rather a fine tuned, fluid, online experience to something that jumps all over the show like Sonic did.

Besides, how often did you play that mode on Sonic?

In Mario Kart Wii players who had the game in 50hz or had 2 players on one system online were restricted to 30fps and that had no issues when playing with other people running the game at 60fps. Hell Sonic Racing Transformed worked just fine online even with its unstable framerate.

When I have my mates round it's fun to play online together, since we're all really good players it makes more of a challenge than racing against AI characters, sadly it won't happen with Mario Kart.

We all got bored of being positive about the game then? It was fun while it lasted...

Could be worse. Someone responded to the NOA twitter last night saying it'll be a bad game because it uses bright colours, which are "incapable of conveying emotion".

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!