Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Face transplants

Raining_again

It could be a bit strange seeing the face of someone you know is dead attatched to someone who happens to be out doing a bit of shopping.

That would really affect someone psychologically. I guess it's really no different than having a new liver or kidney donated by someone else. But, i dunno. There are too many issues with this. :hmm:

From a physcological perspective, it might totally freak the patients and their familyout. Afterall, they would have a totally different face. However, if they had thei face mangled up in a car accident say, perhaps they would wnt any new face possible. It wont exactly replicate the donor's face due to the different skeletal and muscular scructures..

I think the procedure would work, its been tested. It'll be interesting seeing how this ends up..

Eww, I don't like the sound of that. Imagine walking around with dead skin on your face even if the skin is not disintingrating. (sp) Wouldn't it go manky after a while. No, don't like the sound of that at all.

Its living.

Otherwise what would be the point in the prodedure at all?

Eww, I don't like the sound of that. Imagine walking around with dead skin on your face even if the skin is not disintingrating. (sp) Wouldn't it go manky after a while. No, don't like the sound of that at all.

Wouldn't they kind of make it become part of their body, so it gets all there blood etc. Or something along the lines.

Still, it sounds kind of wierd.

Guest Offerman
Yeah, but the stuff underneath isn't, and that's what would rot if the body rejected it.

Yea - but thats where the skill lies, getting the right dose of drugs to prevent the body rejecting it. Thats where the skill lies during all transplant operations, like heart, kidneys and liver...etc. The body would try and reject it quickly - if it wasnt for the high amount of drugs the patient has to consume for a good deal of hes life - after the operation.