NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The box art is reversible!

1374206_718667078163105_1029355482_n.jpg

Whilst that's cool, they've really missed a trick by not having the images be very similar, but light world/dark world equivalents(with a the triforces flipped too) instead of just that silly gold sheen.

That 'silly gold sheen' has been going on for 25+ years, and it'll stand out on the shelves far more than the muted green one. Agree they could have made the reversible cover a bit more interesting though.

A reversible cover is something I can totally get behind. Everyone wins here.

That 'silly gold sheen' has been going on for 25+ years, and it'll stand out on the shelves far more than the muted green one. Agree they could have made the reversible cover a bit more interesting though.

Gold boxes maybe, it's rarely if even ever been a solid gold sheen on an existing image. Also well done in completely missing my point anyway.

A reversible cover is something I can totally get behind. Everyone wins here.

BUT WHICH SIDE?!

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

BUT WHICH SIDE?!

Definitely the non-gold one. Not a fan. @Ronnie is great, but he and I don't share the same opinions on Zelda boxart.

Oh, I was angling for a really poor joke about getting behind it. I don't know what I was doing, except that it was a bit sillyoclock in the morning. Tbh Boxart doesn't bother me much on the whole as atm I don't have my games prominently displayed; though I've definitely enjoyed the 3DS reversible covers. I'd probably rock out the non-gold myself, depending on how the spine looks(as that's likely all that will be visible of it in a pile of boxes).

Next question...how many of your are totally gonna do this in the same order as LttP's dungeons, assuming they're in the same place :p? I can't see myself deviating much from the original pattern, so entrenched in my mind!

I wonder if anyone makes custom 3DS cases? they could make a mint producing ones out of Gold plastic

All first run of Zelda games should come with gold carts and gold box, box art is debatable

Is this the spoilery one?

3 weeks to go!

Shows various items and areas. No plot stuff as far as I can tell

Is this the spoilery one?

3 weeks to go!

Yes, it is quite spoilery, as I've got the game and just watched the trailer and saw bits that I haven't even come across yet (4 dungeons in).

If you don't want to see dungeons/mechanics that aren't early in the game, I'd advise not watching this trailer.

It does look good, but I have this nagging impression that it's going to be very casual-friendly and dumbed down. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It does look good, but I have this nagging impression that it's going to be very casual-friendly and dumbed down. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This may help reassure you: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/12/4829872/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-eiji-aonuma-interview-nycc-2013

"We wanted to make it a game where it would be fun to get stuck and be lost," Aonuma explained. Aside from it being a sequel to a 22-year-old game, that's another way in which A Link Between Worlds connects to gaming's past: It doesn't completely guide players through the experience, which is a criticism levied at many modern games — including recent Zelda titles.

"I think that one thing all game developers worry about when they're putting something into a game is, 'Will people notice it? Will people realize what they're supposed to do?' And we kind of have a bad habit of hand-holding, trying to make things easier for everyone," said Aonuma. "But more and more, I start to think that that kind of isn't actually that fun."

Aonuma and his team wanted to implement hints judiciously in A Link Between Worlds. So they tried to design the game so that the people who need hints get them, and those who don't can do their own thing.

"There's actually one area in the game where I fought for three days with my director over whether we should have a hint in there or not. As a result, after the end of that we actually decided to take it out," said Aonuma.

"So if that part of the game is too difficult, it's my fault," he added with a laugh. "But it's fine — it'll be fine!"

So far I'd say I've found it quite easy, but I am an experienced Zelda player. I would say it isn't dumbed down, it just feels like classic Zelda with a 2D/3D twist. Going onto walls really makes it feel quite inventive/new. I wouldn't say there is anything 'casual' about it at all.

So far I'd say I've found it quite easy, but I am an experienced Zelda player. I would say it isn't dumbed down, it just feels like classic Zelda with a 2D/3D twist. Going onto walls really makes it feel quite inventive/new. I wouldn't say there is anything 'casual' about it at all.

Ultimately, is it a minor masterpiece? A handheld classic? Any other superlatives you want to throw at it?! Not been excited for this at all as I just keep forgetting about it, but now we're getting closer I can't wait!!

This game doesn't seem like one that's going to wow many people. I hope it's a great game but the impression I get is it still seems like they're playing it quite safe. Doing dungeons in any order shouldn't be seen as them taking a risk and doing something bold.

Ultimately, is it a minor masterpiece? A handheld classic? Any other superlatives you want to throw at it?! Not been excited for this at all as I just keep forgetting about it, but now we're getting closer I can't wait!!

I don't want to make any massive judgements right now as I'm probably less than halfway through, but I'm really enjoying it. It really does feel like ALTTP to me, but with a 3D twist. It really lends to some good puzzles.

It's on hold at the moment as I need to finish off Layton first, but I'm looking forward to resuming it soon.