N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hero-of-Time

GAME price - £34.99 Reward points = barely anything

ShopTo price - £31.85 Reward points = £1.59

That's around £5 difference, assuming I can get one of those chests for £5 on eBay then I still think I get the better deal because ShopTo generally ship games earlier than GAME... it's not just that it's the 'done thing' to hate GAME, they aren't actually that great any more, not like they used to be long ago. ;)

But what is there to be great at? Delivering a game?

I'd be amazed if those chests sold for £5 on eBay, I'd say closer to £20 is more likely, at least at first.

267619_gen_a.png

£49.99

-Zelda LBTW boxed copy

-Link's Awakening digital download code

-Zelda musical cartridge chest

-A0 glossy exclusive artwork poster

Please Note: Once you place your preorder for the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Collector's Edition you will be sent your download code for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, as such, once the order is confirmed and you have received your eShop code, you will be unable to cancel your preorder for this item.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-245951

Edited by -Dem0-

So the FREE pre-order bonus Nintendo are offering Europe is being bundled by game as a "collector's edition" and were being charged £14 for it and the poster? (£30 game, £6 Links Awakening)

What the actual fuck GAME?

the worst bit of it is, my scumbag zelda loving brain is thinking should i get it anyway.........., so conflict internally ensues, my personal love for all things zelda Vs Principles over this issue...

I think my principles are worth more! If i have to i'll buy it on ebay when the price drops, GAME aren't getting my money

I really like the look of that GAME bundle and my hype levels for this game have risen loads with all the recent videos etc.

I have no problems with GAME to be honest - think they're pretty good personally and I use them for trade ins loads which they're pretty good for!

But the price of that seems a little high for what you're getting.

I'll decide nearer to the time what I'm gonna buy as I still have one eye set on that Zelda 3ds...

It looks so tacky... Why am I tempted by it? :p

People would lap-up the bundle if that was case. Besides, I would benefit from it too! I need to play that game.

It's my favourite Zelda, I reckon you should download it on Wii and play through it before the sequel is out, you won't regret it!

Pretty good bundle. Is the game box art likely to be that European one with 6 languages on the back and that obnoxiously large white rating box on the front?

Yeah :( It's going to be on both the package and the actual box itself.

I dunno, this seems specific to GAME UK. The box only has the PEGI logo, although it does say it's not final so it might change.

I see we are getting the gold cover. Bleh.

£50 is a lot of money for another (albeit cool) game card holder, a download of an existing eShop game and a poster that isn't the glorious artwork on the front of the packaging.

Add the above with the hideous GAME hanger portion of the box and we're in strong no-go territory.

£40? Sure, I'd probably stretch, but not an extra £15.

I think a regular copy of this will suffice nicely. Quite looking forward to it!

You'd imagine money traded hands here for this bundle to come about but who paid who? Either way it's not a good deal for the consumer. You've got blemished packaging, a download code for a game most of us have in one form or another(you could sell it I suppose) and they've a monopoly on the "FREE" chest. You want it? Give us £50. The poster while nothing special could be worse.

This kind of thing is gonna keep going for as long as there are Nintendo fans with money.

It will go on forever.

The only way to stop shoddy tactics like this is to take your money elsewhere and say goodbye to the £15+ pieces of cheap plastic.

This kind of thing is gonna keep going for as long as there are Nintendo fans with money.

It will go on forever.

The only way to stop shoddy tactics like this is to take your money elsewhere and say goodbye to the £15+ pieces of cheap plastic.

Indeed! That's why I'm sticking with ShopTo...and recommend other folks do too! Bargain price of £31.85! :D

Edited by Rummy

Bloody GAME! went in today to discuss prices they'd give me for Boxed limited edition Zelda 3ds and my pikachu 3dsXL.....£55 trade in for the Zelda 3ds and £95 for the XL....What a freaking joke!

Zelda one goes for £130-160 on ebay and the pikachu ones go around £200

Looks like i'm selling on ebay! and i think there is no no way i'm ordering the Zelda 3DSXL from GAME now! i'll order it from shopto