NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Absolutely.

It's just a shame he had to write a click bait review of Zelda as a precursor to the above. Give the game a 7/10, wait for the reaction, then write a proper story about fanboys.

Now now. It wasn't clickbait.

It was poorly written and reeked of bias, but it wasn't clickbait.

He did many things that, if you want to be taken seriously as a reviewer, you shouldn't do and it had errors, but it wasn't clickbait.

Bias to what?

He has recently shown a very negative view of Nintendo and that seeped through into the review

I've not finished it yet, but after nearly 100hrs in Hyrule I will say this now, before posting my full thoughts after finishing the game... this is the greatest game I have ever played without doubt!

How do people know how long they've played the game? Do they just guess or is there a hidden counter?

Also how do you know how many Koroks you've discovered, as when you use the seed the count goes down?

Now now. It wasn't clickbait.

It was poorly written and reeked of bias, but it wasn't clickbait.

He did many things that, if you want to be taken seriously as a reviewer, you shouldn't do and it had errors, but it wasn't clickbait.

It absolutely was clickbait. You don't give a game that's had perfect scores from pretty much every major outlet, is the best rated game in a decade, a 7/10 and not do it for attention. Plus the fact that he waited a week before publishing it, thereby getting everyone's full attention.

I fail to see how that's a conspiracy theory.

I don't care that one person thought the game was average, he's entitled to his opinion but people are delusional if they think he didn't put out a 7/10 to get a reaction.

How do people know how long they've played the game? Do they just guess or is there a hidden counter?

Also how do you know how many Koroks you've discovered, as when you use the seed the count goes down?

Parental control app maybe? That's how I've been checking my play time.

On the loading screen at the top right it shows you how many seeds you've got. As well as shrines and rupees and some other stuff.

I don't care that one person thought the game was average, he's entitled to his opinion but people are delusional if they think he didn't put out a 7/10 to get a reaction.

At least 4 people including me, HoT and Drakhon

I don't understand all the perfect reviews, I know I'm in the minority but this game is far from perfect and no where near the best game of the generation (imo). I wonder whether I have been ruined by the new games coming out and that's why this doesn't sparkle for me. I would rank Fallout 4 and Stardew valley above this.... I wish there was more content that needed to be done in Zelda because I was enjoying it but content for contents sake doesn't appeal to me!

I don't understand all the perfect reviews

They're not perfect reviews, they're perfect scores. Of course the game isn't perfect, no game is, it has flaws, as the reviews allude to.

They're not perfect reviews, they're perfect scores. Of course the game isn't perfect, no game is, it has flaws, as the reviews allude to.

Ah ok, I must admit that I have not read a review yet!

I tried playing again the other night, found the lord of the mountain and thought that was pretty cool. Then found out you can't register it :(

It absolutely was clickbait. You don't give a game that's had perfect scores from pretty much every major outlet, is the best rated game in a decade, a 7/10 and not do it for attention. Plus the fact that he waited a week before publishing it, thereby getting everyone's full attention.

I think this is a very troubling opinion. You can rate a game whatever you want based on your own opinion. I think it's quite disrespectful to assume people are doing something for a reason because it goes against common opinion. Not everyone thinks this is the best game ever.

Not sure I can bring myself to keep playing this, there is literally no replayability. After seeing the Korok bonus it's just like.... what? Should I keep playing to upgrade gear to beat the end boss even easier?

The only reason I can think of (apart from enjoyment, of course) would be if you're going to buy the DLC. I suspect the Cave of Trials will demand all 30 hearts and the optimum armour upgrades.

I don't understand all the perfect reviews, I know I'm in the minority but this game is far from perfect and no where near the best game of the generation (imo).

This is the most impressive piece of software I've played, but not the best "game". The best analogy I can offer is of a painting/drawing. Imagine you take a huge canvas and fill every square inch with the best, most intricate artwork you can manage. Then you take a step back and realise you don't have any blank spaces. In other words, it's not a good composition. Although the fine details are 10/10, it's not a 10/10 piece of art overall.

Breath of the Wild needed a director to view it as an overall piece and take out all the unnecessary bits; consider the pacing and think about how it felt to play it as a game. As it is, it feels like everyone on the team has been allowed to do everything they wanted.

The only reason I can think of (apart from enjoyment, of course) would be if you're going to buy the DLC. I suspect the Cave of Trials will demand all 30 hearts and the optimum armour upgrades.

This is the most impressive piece of software I've played, but not the best "game". The best analogy I can offer is of a painting/drawing. Imagine you take a huge canvas and fill every square inch with the best, most intricate artwork you can manage. Then you take a step back and realise you don't have any blank spaces. In other words, it's not a good composition. Although the fine details are 10/10, it's not a 10/10 piece of art overall.

Breath of the Wild needed a director to view it as an overall piece and take out all the unnecessary bits; consider the pacing and think about how it felt to play it as a game. As it is, it feels like everyone on the team has been allowed to do everything they wanted.

Thanks, that's an awesome way to look at it!

Parental control app maybe? That's how I've been checking my play time.

On the loading screen at the top right it shows you how many seeds you've got. As well as shrines and rupees and some other stuff.

The app doesn't help when both me and my daughter are playing, it only states total play time.

That is currently held seeds, not how many I've collected.

The app doesn't help when both me and my daughter are playing, it only states total play time.

For me it has appeared in my profile since.. I dunno, but I've heard mentioning of after 10 days. Go to your profile, and it will mention a proximate of your game time. Mine currently says "75 hours or more" for Zelda, and "a few minutes" for Snipperclips.

Oh and please, your signature man..

It's definitely not currently held seeds, mine says 119 on the loading screen but I only have 15 in my inventory.

Edit, also you really need to sort your sig out, that thing is huge :heh:

It's definitely not currently held seeds, mine says 119 on the loading screen but I only have 15 in my inventory.

Edit, also you really need to sort your sig out, that thing is huge :heh:

Ahh, will check that out!

Lol I'm on my phone and assumed there'd be a size limit! But then it did need to be big!!! :D

For me it has appeared in my profile since.. I dunno, but I've heard mentioning of after 10 days. Go to your profile, and it will mention a proximate of your game time. Mine currently says "75 hours or more" for Zelda, and "a few minutes" for Snipperclips.

Oh and please, your signature man..

I've got "a few minutes" for Snipperclips, too, even though I've put in more than 3 hours???

I've got "a few minutes" for Snipperclips, too, even though I've put in more than 3 hours???

It's done in 5 hour increments for some reason.

It's done in 5 hour increments for some reason.

Ahhh. That'd be it then.

So I'm back.. almost purchased the Wii U version a few moments ago... thing is... I'm still on the fence about the switch. so I'm a bit stuck in my purchase decision. get the game now for the Wii U, or potentially get the game when (if) I purchase the switch in the future. I've read how the game is more vibrant and generally performs better on the switch, but equally I want to enjoy it on the Wii U... because that's the platform that the game was originally announced for. Last time this happened (TP) I ended up missing out on the game altogether, and I suspect the same will happen this time :|

But basically, for those with the Wii U version, would you say you regret not getting the game on the switch? And are there cheaper places where I could pick up a digital code for the Wii U version?

So I'm back.. almost purchased the Wii U version a few moments ago... thing is... I'm still on the fence about the switch. so I'm a bit stuck in my purchase decision. get the game now for the Wii U, or potentially get the game when (if) I purchase the switch in the future. I've read how the game is more vibrant and generally performs better on the switch, but equally I want to enjoy it on the Wii U... because that's the platform that the game was originally announced for. Last time this happened (TP) I ended up missing out on the game altogether, and I suspect the same will happen this time :|

But basically, for those with the Wii U version, would you say you regret not getting the game on the switch? And are there cheaper places where I could pick up a digital code for the Wii U version?

Not at all. In fact, i'd say I would have regretted it more if I had bought a Switch for this game.

Not at all. In fact, i'd say I would have regretted it more if I had bought a Switch for this game.

Not so taken by it then? I've not been keeping up with this thread while I was away (it seems to have almost doubled in size!!), so sorry if you've already mentioned this, but how come?

Personally I imagine I'd be playing/would have played more of it if I had it on Switch. Do I regret not getting a Switch+this? Not so much, as it's still over the mark for the experience imo. I'll slowly get through it on WiiU even if it's at a cost of taking longer - but I can't say I've found the WiiU version itself all that hard to get on with @Pestneb(certainly not outside of similar things heard of the Switch version).