NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I always think it's a cheap tactic to make mobs sponges. I think that's the nail on the head of what I really disliked about this!

Saw a shooting star off in the distance, went chasing after it passing 2 shrines, just to have it drop by me off the cliff edge I was climbing. :cry: I knew I shouldn't have stopped to help those NPCs that were being attacked by monsters...

Also that heat proof armour is expensive and I'm broke... Might have to cook some food and sell it to be able to afford it.

What a beautiful game this is, the visuals, the sound, the world design, the way the systems interact. Just wonderful.

I did a motion control shrine about two days ago, where you have to move a giant hammer to hit a block and open something, it was awful and took me 20 min to do that irritating puzzle! in the end i took the right joy con off, put it in tablet mode and did it relatively quickly once i could completely manipulate the controller and keep the screen stationary

Last night i encountered a ball maze motion control shrine and went straight to removing the joy con and did it on the third go!

So whilst i hate the motion control shrines, they aren't so bad they just really don't hand hold when perhaps 'some' guidance might have been you know handy?

Still loving the game, i've managed to get to Hantano and did so fairly quickly (via three shrines around dealing peeks)

I did a motion control shrine about two days ago, where you have to move a giant hammer to hit a block and open something, it was awful and took me 20 min to do that irritating puzzle! in the end i took the right joy con off, put it in tablet mode and did it relatively quickly once i could completely manipulate the controller and keep the screen stationary

Last night i encountered a ball maze motion control shrine and went straight to removing the joy con and did it on the third go!

So whilst i hate the motion control shrines, they aren't so bad they just really don't hand hold when perhaps 'some' guidance might have been you know handy?

Still loving the game, i've managed to get to Hantano and did so fairly quickly (via three shrines around dealing peeks)

I really enjoy the motion control puzzles. The maze one in particular...

If you tilt the controller completely upside down the whole maze flips and leaves a flat surface for you to roll the ball straight off so you don't have to tackle the maze itself.

This game... :bowdown:

[tweet]841719680368758784[/tweet]

@Hero\-of\-Time I think it's time to play this again :p

[tweet]841719680368758784[/tweet]

@Hero\-of\-Time I think it's time to play this again :p

Haha! No thanks. :D

I'll probably get flak for this, but does anyone else think the mandatory cross-dressing is a bit off? I've always liked Tingle, and didn't mind the clowns in Twilight Princess, but this seems out of order to force the player into it.

I don't have any problems with it, however I do hate that

That you aren't "accepted" into the area after completing it, as they do mention that they make exceptions on a very rare occasion.

I don't have any problems with it, however I do hate that

That you aren't "accepted" into the area after completing it, as they do mention that they make exceptions on a very rare occasion.

That's just realism though. It's preparing boys for real life. :heh:

I think LKD is looking way too much into this...

[tweet]841987679592054784[/tweet]

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/03/the-complexities-of-trans-gerudo-town/

I thought someone stole my pic then. I did exactly the same pic.

[tweet]841800565285822464[/tweet]

I beat my first Divine Beast last night. Loving the game and am now just exploring a bit before driving on with the story.

I have abandoned my quest to start a new life as a pirate.

pirate_link.png

Slap a load of Octo Ballons on the raft and make it fly... become a Space Pirate! ;)

Slap a load of Octo Ballons on the raft and make it fly... become a Space Pirate! ;)

I don't think I have enough balloons..

Not sure I can bring myself to keep playing this, there is literally no replayability. After seeing the Korok bonus it's just like.... what? Should I keep playing to upgrade gear to beat the end boss even easier? I'm just... I don't know. Disappointment is hitting hard with this compounded by the fact that I don't have anything else currently to sink my teeth into on PS4 or Switch.

Sort of wish I hadn't read anything about the game, thought the boss would be mega and spent all my time playing through the shrines and stuff before finishing it. I just can't find a reason to play it now which is sad.

Disappointment is hitting hard with this compounded by the fact that I don't have anything else currently to sink my teeth into on PS4 or Switch.

Nothing, really?

Oh I know that stuff is out and I really fancy Horizon but after spending over £500 on the switch I can't really spend any more on gaming this month or the wife might murder me!!

Another very clever video from Arlo defending the game's breakable weapons mechanic, which I personally love. I think it adds a ton of depth and strategy to the gameplay, but this video explains it better

People take review scores too seriously for sure, but his review and the timing of it was pure click bait. His agenda even more clear after that follow up.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-sad-ghost-war-between-breath-of-the-wild-and-horizon-zero-dawn/

Thought this was funny and interesting. Especially before people really got worked up over that meta score...

Jim on point, as always. Thank God for him.

He made similar points on this weeks Jimquisition. Basically saying how toxic fanboys are and rather than playing the game, they seem to be spending their time arguing and disagreeing with those who have a different opinion than theirs, as if someone has done a great injustice towards them. Idiots.

Jim on point, as always. Thank God for him.

He made similar points on this weeks Jimquisition. Basically saying how toxic fanboys are and rather than playing the game, they seem to be spending their time arguing and disagreeing with those who have a different opinion than theirs, as if someone has done a great injustice towards them. Idiots.

Absolutely.

It's just a shame he had to write a click bait review of Zelda as a precursor to the above. Give the game a 7/10, wait for the reaction, then write a proper story about fanboys.

Absolutely.

It's just a shame he had to write a click bait review of Zelda as a precursor to the above. Give the game a 7/10, wait for the reaction, then write a proper story about fanboys.

2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451409762473.jpg