N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Sorry if this has already been discussed but did Sony hide Cross Buy behind the PS Plus pay wall for PS4?

Dennaton Games highly anticipated psychedelic fever-dream, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, will be making its console debut on PS4 and Vita. This will be a Cross-Buy affair for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-announced-for-ps4-and-vita

Was this already announced and I missed it? Is it misreporting by Eurogamer? Or did they slip in secretly like they did with online play during E3?! I mean I can't blame them if I'm honest...is a way of still getting revenue so to speak from someone getting two games for the price of one.

Errr, arbitrarily ignore all the non-retails games; all the indie and F2P games; games like Minecraft, Warframe and Rexogun.

You spin the facts like a pro journalist, I'll give you that. Got blinkers as big as the sun, you do.

Errr, arbitrarily ignore all the non-retails games; all the indie and F2P games; games like Minecraft, Warframe and Rexogun.

You spin the facts like a pro journalist, I'll give you that. Got blinkers as big as the sun, you do.

I specifically said retail titles?

As much as we may love indie titles, they don't get the massmarket penetration as retail titles too and so are often ignored by the general populace.

A strong retail line-up is still a necessity, and that is what I came here to discuss and post.

But it's a pointless destinction;retail/non-retail - you do a disservice to all the non-disc based games. Why are you ignoring the whole picture? To better serve your witless agenda, no doubt. Also, your specific terminology; 'retail line-up for PS4 launch until end of year'? The thing is released on the 15/29th of November - so what you are looking at are 15 games being released in the space of 4/6 weeks. How on earth is that a bad line-up? And it most certainly is a strong line-up for the mainstream.

Retail line-up from PS4 launch til the end of the year

BFlioW4.png

Got to say, I'm a bit disappointed in this. It's one of the worst launch lineups in a while, Xbox One's isn't better either. Hell, the Wii U had a better launch line-up

PS4's launch lineup isn't fantastic (it's about on par with the 360's launch lineup), but you have to remember that the 3rd party titles that its getting will be up and away the best versions of these games that are available, so they'll have more of an impact on hardware sales here than they would elsewhere.

Xbone's launch lineup though is pretty damn good. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct (despite how much of a disgrace it looks to be, it holds a lot of nostalgic sway - plus it comes with the original arcade game!) are some pretty good exclusives and Ryse might do some good numbers as well considering how much people seem to love skill less QTE "press A to Awesome" games...

As far as other exclusives go, there's also Fighter Within, Lococycle (lol), Zoo Tycoon and Peggle 2 (timed exclusive) as well as that exclusive FUT mode for Fifa 14. That's 9 exclusive games on launch day (on top of high quality versions of every major multiplatform game). No matter how you slice it, that's very good.

I specifically said retail titles?

As much as we may love indie titles, they don't get the massmarket penetration as retail titles too and so are often ignored by the general populace.

A strong retail line-up is still a necessity, and that is what I came here to discuss and post.

Tell that to Minecraft; the game that has single handily kept the 360 afloat this past few months and sold over 20 million copies across multiple platforms worldwide. Oh and Wii U aint getting that either, despite being perfect for it...

Edited by Dcubed

But it's a pointless destinction;retail/non-retail - you do a disservice to all the non-disc based games. Why are you ignoring the whole picture? To better serve your witless agenda, no doubt. Also, your specific terminology; 'retail line-up for PS4 launch until end of year'? The thing is released on the 15/29th of November - so what you are looking at are 15 games being released in the space of 4/6 weeks. How on earth is that a bad line-up? And it most certainly is a strong line-up for the mainstream.

It's a pointless distinction...to you. To the general consumer, it really isn't. Hell, even many core gamers look down on download only titles as if they aren't proper complete games.

It's also not my terminology, but Sony's. It's called giving a timeframe for the releases. It's not me "spinning" or anything, it's a cold hard fact.

As for it being a bad line-up, that's subjective but in my view it is due to the fact that the vast majority of titles exist on the previous generation, and on its competitor consoles. This is what makes it bad. It has very few things to actually draw the consumer to the console.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a PS4...but not for a while because the line-up is just so "meh".

Edited by Serebii

It is a really generic lineup. And that's taking the indie list into account too, for me. I actually agree with Serebii for a change. As much as I'd like a PS4, there's nothing in this launch window that is enough to draw me in.

Now if MGSV, Uncharted or Infamous was up there, or The Last of Us or GTA5 had been saved for launch here, it might've been a different story. Those are still existing IPs, but the big hitters as far as I'm concerned.

It is a really generic lineup. And that's taking the indie list into account too, for me. I actually agree with Serebii for a change. As much as I'd like a PS4, there's nothing in this launch window that is enough to draw me in.

Now if MGSV, Uncharted or Infamous was up there, or The Last of Us or GTA5 had been saved for launch here, it might've been a different story. Those are still existing IPs, but the big hitters as far as I'm concerned.

I think we always expect too much from launch line ups, they're rarely brilliant.

The Xbox One's though is better I will admit but neither really have that big game to show it off. Xbox will be closest with Dead Rising 3 I guess. Its a shame that Infamous wont have been finished in time, every account of that Ive read has said its probably the most "next gen" looking game out there so far.

Still, I think Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 will be fine for me, along with whatever PSN games I decide to buy on the day.

As for Serebii....does anyone really care what he says at this point? The guy just seems to have become a bit of a joke.

While I agree that the PS4 launch line up isn't that exciting, the Wii U one was a mess as well.

Retail:

Darksiders 2

Ben 10: Ominverse - The Video Game

Assassin's Creed 3

ZombiU

Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Family Party: 30 Great Games

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

007 Legends

FIFA 13

Skylanders: Giants

Funky Barn

Rise of the Guardians

Downloadable games:

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Nano Assault Neo

Puddle

Little Inferno

Chasing Aurora

It is a really generic lineup. And that's taking the indie list into account too, for me. I actually agree with Serebii for a change.

Agreeing with him is different than what you wrote in the first two sentences (assuming those represent your own opinion)

Anyway, I like that lineup. FIFA14, Driveclub and Watchdogs will be my first three retail games and I will most likely get all them at launch.

ResoGun will be free for me as a PS+ member.

Then there is Warframe. I shouldn't forget Planetside 2. Always wanted to give those a go.

Aaaaaand a couple of other PSN games I will definitely buy.

I don't want to defend Sony, as I'm not a fanboy and couldn't care less about what people say, but damnit, I haven't been that excited about a console since I have bought the PSX back in the days.

I think we always expect too much from launch line ups, they're rarely brilliant.

The Xbox One's though is better I will admit but neither really have that big game to show it off. Xbox will be closest with Dead Rising 3 I guess. Its a shame that Infamous wont have been finished in time, every account of that Ive read has said its probably the most "next gen" looking game out there so far.

Still, I think Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 will be fine for me, along with whatever PSN games I decide to buy on the day.

As for Serebii....does anyone really care what he says at this point? The guy just seems to have become a bit of a joke.

Yeah, me having differing opinions to you makes me a joke. Ok.

Agreeing with him is different than what you wrote in the first two sentences (assuming those represent your own opinion)

I agree that it's a weak lineup and that I'm getting one, but not at launch, what's different? ::shrug:

I don't agree on everything. For example, how can you say that a strong retail line-up is a necessity when pre-orders are already over a million? It's too late to take that stance :p

Im not going to get into some big argument about this so I will just post this then be done with the conversation. Its not your opinions that we dont like, its the way you present things and talk down to people. So many posts from you are just defensive or arrogant and dismissive. Thats why people think you have become a joke.

Not sure if it's about you having a different opinion or how you present it.

Never really followed any of your posts and how they appear to unleash hell on this forum, but going from this:

Retail line-up from PS4 launch til the end of the year

BFlioW4.png

Got to say, I'm a bit disappointed in this. It's one of the worst launch lineups in a while, Xbox One's isn't better either. Hell, the Wii U had a better launch line-up

I have to say, I can understand the - let's call it - outrage, at least a little.

It just sounds like you simply want to bash the PS4 lineup and make those who like it look somehow stupid for doing exactly that.

Not saying that was your purpose. I actually doubt that, but coming into this thread and post something like this makes you sound a bit like a jerk :p

Anyhow, I don't take it personally (why should I) and I don't want to be offensive.

It's just how I see this and it will probably the only time I will say something about it.

I agree that it's a weak lineup and that I'm getting one, but not at launch, what's different? ::shrug:

Nevermind, I misunderstood your post :p Forget what I said.

Great lineup for the PS4. I don't think I've bought a console with such a good launch line-up before. There are more games I want then what will exist on the Wii U at the end of this year.

Also, didn't the Wii U only have three decent exclusive full retail games at launch? NSMB, Zombiu and Your Shape. It had about 5 or 6 exclusive shovelware games.

Not sure if it's about you having a different opinion or how you present it.

Never really followed any of your posts and how they appear to unleash hell on this forum, but going from this:

I have to say, I can understand the - let's call it - outrage, at least a little.

It just sounds like you simply want to bash the PS4 lineup and make those who like it look somehow stupid for doing exactly that.

Not saying that was your purpose. I actually doubt that, but coming into this thread and post something like this makes you sound a bit like a jerk :p

Anyhow, I don't take it personally (why should I) and I don't want to be offensive.

It's just how I see this and it will probably the only time I will say something about it.

Nevermind, I misunderstood your post :p Forget what I said.

I came here to post the retail launch line-up, because it hadn't been posted here yet. I then stated my opinion that it was weak and disappointing and in my view didn't do enough to encourage people to purchase it due to most of the games being cross-gen and multiformat.

How you can say the WiiU launch lineup was better is beyond me. The games out on WiiU now bar maybe Pikmin are all worse/less exciting than the games launching with this console.

I don't seen the fascination with an amazing launch lineup anyway. Launch is usually never the best time to buy a console as there's always a wait for the top titles to be released.