Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

With you guys bringing up GTA I just had to buy San Andreas finally. Been thinking about doing it since they launched, but the honestly the graphics have put me off. They look a lot more awful than I can remember :p Just played an hour or two, but I intend to platinum it by a week or so. If it matters to Hero, it uses the right stick to move the camera.

I have never owned GTAIII or vice city, but I have played parts or all of them. San Andreas is the only one of the PS2 games I owned myself. I'll consider to buy the other two when I'm done with San Andreas.

Also have Rogue Galaxy, but only played the first chapter. Loved the game back on PS2 so intend to platinum this one too eventually.

it uses the right stick to move the camera.

Hm, that's interesting. Might sway towards San Andreas and get Vice City later this year.

But Vice City was the first GTA I have completed...the nostalgia is real.

Also have Rogue Galaxy, but only played the first chapter. Loved the game back on PS2 so intend to platinum this one too eventually.

How "big" is Rogue Galaxy? Will it take 50+ hours to beat?

Sounds amazing, too. Here's the Push Square review.

I played the PC version on steam last year and thought it was absolutely fantastic - really evokes a kind of desperate mood through the music and the gameplay mechanics. Toward the end of the war I distinctly remember caving in and robbing a house, with an old couple cowering in the kitchen because my team were so desperate for medicine and food. Makes you take tough choices and you feel them..

Kind of a strategy game in some of it's mechanics - I'd be interested to hear how it holds up without a mouse.

Hm, that's interesting. Might sway towards San Andreas and get Vice City later this year.

But Vice City was the first GTA I have completed...the nostalgia is real.

How "big" is Rogue Galaxy? Will it take 50+ hours to beat?

Sounds about right. It's been so long I can't remember how long I played, but it is a pretty long rpg. People say how the plat took them 80-100 hours.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

It's been 18 days. Did you try swapping the cover yet??

Is that all? Jesus, feels longer.

Hahahah, nooo. I suggested it, but I don't think she was very keen on the idea. I wonder if it would look better on a coloured console, rather than white. Will probably give it a go in a bit now that you've reminded me.

Let me know how you get on with the controls. :D

I have to say it only took me a couple of minutes to get used to the controls. Didn't mind not being able to control the camera with the left stick.

What I found much more irritating was the fact that you use X to accelerate and square to break/reverse :laughing:

This isn't really PS4 specific but it's most applicable to me for PS4 really. I every once in a while wish for a very basic, yet very lazy(for me), feature of this nice new modern console.

Seeing as the PS4, and I presume the Xbox One too, all download games to the hard drive and don't actually use the disc for anything other than verification - I wish I didn't have to swap discs as much. I know. It's super lazy. Get up, press a button, swap disc, sit down and play. Barely any effort really. Unless you're a disc-box shuffler like me, but even then it isn't heavily tiresome.

Like...I wish for every time you put a disc in you could get another 5 boots of that game without the disc or so. I realise that one obvious solution for this is to go digital on purchases, but I'm more against that than I am being lazy(see Josh64's excellent How future-proof are modern games? in GGD).

Is it just me? Am I that lazy? I have to actually admit there's been occasions where I've wanted a quick go of a game and genuinely because of having to get up and swap discs I've just played something that I've downloaded instead. I've actually avoided playing a game because I was too damn lazy to get up and swap discs. I think I have been thoroughly spoiled by modern media technology.