Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

HELP!

I changed broadband provide last week (it's fibre) and since then I can only get upload speeds of 8kbps on my PS4. Other devices in the house seem fine.

It' so bad that I can't play FIFA online, it just won't connect. Last of Us Factions either won't connect, freezes in game or even if I do play a few matches, when I log on again I'm back to where was i was before. I've been stuck on week 3 day 3 setting and can't progress.

I've read about about setting up a static IP?

Anybody know a fix?

What provider are you with?

Do a connection test and check your nat type. In your router see if you have a DMZ option, get your PS4's ip from network info settings and put it in the DMZ. And make sure nobody else is crushing your bandwidth with torrents etc :p

• 2 weeks later...
HELP!

I changed broadband provide last week (it's fibre) and since then I can only get upload speeds of 8kbps on my PS4. Other devices in the house seem fine.

It' so bad that I can't play FIFA online, it just won't connect. Last of Us Factions either won't connect, freezes in game or even if I do play a few matches, when I log on again I'm back to where was i was before. I've been stuck on week 3 day 3 setting and can't progress.

I've read about about setting up a static IP?

Anybody know a fix?

Which ISP? All ISP traffic shape to varying degrees(see Youtube and Netflix). But this sounds like it could be a local setting or something. Traffic shaping is minimised after 12am weekdays.

Was on PS Plus the other month and I know some of you played it and enjoyed it so thought I'd post it here. Never Alone is getting an expansion tomorrow for those interested. Called Never Alone: Foxtales, gives a new story set in the spring and 5 new documentary shorts like in the original game. Not sure on the pricing yet but hopefully shouldn't be too much. Trailer below for those interested:

Had a look at my library of games on the PS4 the other day, just with the last couple of weeks its grown massively as a result of the Summer of Digital sales and new digital games being release. Don't think I've ever had as much to play and no idea when I'll get round to half of it as I'm still very much invested heavily into The Witcher 3 at the moment.

But pretty much set for the rest of the year with what I have left to start and play. Both Trine games, Grim Fandango, Child of Light, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to name a few. And then there's more on the way with Submerged out next week and Everybody's Gone To Rapture the week after. Gonna have to upgrade my harddrive at this rate as it's quickly filling up.

I just decided to use the Playstation Store via the website to get Rocket League for free on Plus and nabbed Journey with 20% discount as I didn't want to miss out on them yet I haven't turned on my PS4 for a few weeks; I set both games to download on my PS4 when I next switch in on.

It all worked exactly as I expected it to. : peace:

That's all really, just pleasantly surprised. :)

You've been gaming on Nintendo for too long :heh:

I don't play online that much but trying to organise some Wii Sports Club tonight is really highlighting to me just how behind they are on some things!

Anyway, hope you enjoy Journey :smile: Some of us didn't really :red:

I just decided to use the Playstation Store via the website to get Rocket League for free on Plus and nabbed Journey with 20% discount as I didn't want to miss out on them yet I haven't turned on my PS4 for a few weeks; I set both games to download on my PS4 when I next switch in on.

I thought everybody did this? :heh:

You never done this before, braaah?

I thought everybody did this? :heh:

You never done this before, braaah?

Nope, I used to actually... switch on the console, antiquated I know. :indeed:

I've used the browser-based store before to check if something is on there but I'd always been in the habit of actually purchasing via the console.

Being that I've been almost exclusively gaming on Nintendo consoles this month I suddenly thought that I'd end up forgetting about Rocket League but I still don't want to power up my PS4 just yet - I got my PS3 games already when I last watched a Blu-Ray and Vita when I got on to purchase some games in the sale - so this has really come in handy.

I'll definitely be getting my Plus games this way in the future, it's a lot quicker. : peace:

You've been gaming on Nintendo for too long :heh:

I don't think there's such a thing as gaming on a Nintendo console for too long though ;) but in fairness I have always been a multi-format gamer since the very start of my gaming days. :)

Plenty of good games on offer from all of the big three and PC as well, share the love I say! :D

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Play Rocket League. Now. NOW!

I will, in time... perhaps tomorrow, maybe next week. ::shrug:

For now though I'm completely engrossed in 3D Streets of Rage II and won't rest until it's finished with all characters, you can't really blame me for being captivated all over again by one of the best games from the 16-bit era in existence. :heh:

It's possible Rocket League will become one of my favourite multiplayer games of this era of consoles but with all of these games to play I have to prioritise in my own way. : peace:

Nope, I used to actually... switch on the console, antiquated I know. :indeed:

I've used the browser-based store before to check if something is on there but I'd always been in the habit of actually purchasing via the console.

Being that I've been almost exclusively gaming on Nintendo consoles this month I suddenly thought that I'd end up forgetting about Rocket League but I still don't want to power up my PS4 just yet - I got my PS3 games already when I last watched a Blu-Ray and Vita when I got on to purchase some games in the sale - so this has really come in handy.

I'll definitely be getting my Plus games this way in the future, it's a lot quicker. : peace:

I don't think there's such a thing as gaming on a Nintendo console for too long though ;) but in fairness I have always been a multi-format gamer since the very start of my gaming days. :)

Plenty of good games on offer from all of the big three and PC as well, share the love I say! :D

I find it much easier to navigate the store on my browser, plus I use it to see what other deals there are. @Eenuh bought Bastion for about £3 thanks to that, heh.

Also, if your PS4 is not being used, then I'm going to assume that you've gone full retard and are playing something other than The Witcher 3, which is hands down the best game of this year/decade/millennium. Disregard whatever else it is that you're playing, get on dat Witcher 3 time and come back to us in about six months after you've been admitted to rehab as a result of your addiction to this beauty.

Also also, Rocket League, get on that. What's the matter with you, brah?

The Witcher 3, which is hands down the best game of this year/decade/millennium. Disregard whatever else it is that you're playing, get on dat Witcher 3 time and come back to us in about six months after you've been admitted to rehab as a result of your addiction to this beauty.

Also also, Rocket League, get on that. What's the matter with you, brah?

While you make some good points brah, one does not simply disregard 3D Streets of Rage II :heh: which I have one more play-through left to go, after that I'll consider getting back into The Witcher 3 which admittedly I need to spend a lot more time with.

I won't need six months though, just one month will suffice, that should be enough time to realistically devote to a game of such scope, providing it has now been patched to rid it of the majority of its - to be expected in fairness - multitude of glitches which would otherwise hamper my enjoyment of it.

Add another month for all of the DLC most likely as and when it arrives which I'm glad will all be free.

Rocket League will be played between The Witcher 3 play sessions. : peace:

Also, if your PS4 is not being used, then I'm going to assume that you've gone full retard and are playing something other than The Witcher 3, which is hands down the best game of this year/decade/millennium. Disregard whatever else it is that you're playing, get on dat Witcher 3 time and come back to us in about six months after you've been admitted to rehab as a result of your addiction to this beauty.

After all your raving I decided to go and check out some videos of The Witcher 3. I honestly can't muster any desire for it :heh:

I guess that's when you know a PS4 isn't for you :indeed:

After all your raving I decided to go and check out some videos of The Witcher 3. I honestly can't muster any desire for it :heh:

I guess that's when you know fun isn't for you. :indeed:

You disgust me.

Asshole.

:p

I love you.

just one month will suffice

How much freetime do you have? :o

Edited by drahkon

Check out Final Fantasy XIV or Bloodborne or something. I couldnt muster anything for Witcher 3 either after Dragon Age. That sucked the life out of me.

Time Lapse:

Story/gameplay:

Easy GOTY for me so far. Its got lots of themes, areas and styles.

How much free time do you have? :o

I only "work" for 24 hours a week as my paid employment, but a lot of my free time goes towards writing reviews for this site which mostly involves playing games that I wanted to play anyway which I why I still play a lot on Nintendo platforms.

It won't always be this way, I need to find extra paid work really - though I never plan to give up writing for N-E as I enjoy it - :) but technically I could devote 12 hours to The Witcher 3 if I were to not write anything today as it's my day off but we shall see what happens.

Personally I'd consider it an achievement if I even started playing it again today, it might happen... tell me this though please, do you know if most of the glitches have been fixed yet with patches? If they have then I'd be more likely to give it a go later. : peace:

tell me this though please, do you know if most of the glitches have been fixed yet with patches? If they have then I'd be more likely to give it a go later. : peace:

Haven't played in weeks :(

But looking at recent patch notes the game has been improved a lot regarding bugs/glitches.

Certain features have been added as well (e.g. alternative movement for Geralt, UI improvements, inventory improvements, STASH!!!)

With the addition of NG+ soon, the game has been improved on many levels, so it's safe to say that it's even better now than it was on release.

While you make some good points brah, one does not simply disregard 3D Streets of Rage II :heh: which I have one more play-through left to go, after that I'll consider getting back into The Witcher 3 which admittedly I need to spend a lot more time with.

I won't need six months though, just one month will suffice, that should be enough time to realistically devote to a game of such scope, providing it has now been patched to rid it of the majority of its - to be expected in fairness - multitude of glitches which would otherwise hamper my enjoyment of it.

Add another month for all of the DLC most likely as and when it arrives which I'm glad will all be free.

Rocket League will be played between The Witcher 3 play sessions. : peace:

Fuark, I'll be impressed if you can do it within a month whilst tackling the secondary quests and contracts.

What don't you like about it?

What don't you like about it?

Experience, as much as anything, tells me that it just isn't for me. Gaming for over two decades gives you a decent grasp of what you look for in a game and what gets you excited :smile:

There are obviously exceptions, Splatoon being a supreme example of that recently, but it's like how if you go to rent a suit and the tailor knows your size without even having to measure you. You can often just tell whether a game is right for you or not.

Considering I'm enjoying playing things like Wii Sports Club, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 as well as the games in Wii Fit Plus, The Witcher 3 would be quite a departure from those sorts of experiences!

Maybe it's too hardcore for me these days and I have no real desire to sink my teeth into something like that. Is casual becoming my core..? :eek: