Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Let's not give them the credit of the term hackers, it's a DDOS. The things some people have to do to get their kicks, honestly....

Urgh. Reminds me when I was doing that livestreaming stuff and people would DDOS CS:GO matches. Awful people.

Let's not give them the credit of the term hackers, it's a DDOS. The things some people have to do to get their kicks, honestly....

What exactly is a DDoS? I'm seeing it mentioned a lot on Gaf and they've referred to the people who do this as the lowest of the low. Basically, is it just to waste people's time? Seems dickish.

Anyway, not a lot has changed for me, tbh. Ine's playing Assassin's Creed, I've played Fifa 14 (demo) since this morning. So, I've not really felt it. Had I wanted to play Battlefield or Watch Dogs, I would've been pissed off. :p

Obviously haven't played anything but i'm not liking the controller. Just doesn't feel right and the analogue sticks...well less said about them the better!!
You didn't get any games on disk? You don't have to wait for PSN. If it's any consolation, this is the first time it's gone down for more than a little routine maintenance in quite a while.

What exactly is a DDoS? I'm seeing it mentioned a lot on Gaf and they've referred to the people who do this as the lowest of the low. Basically, is it just to waste people's time? Seems dickish.

Just means hitting the server with thousands of requests using bots/proxies etc so that genuine requests can't get through, eventually will bring the server down by using up all the memory, bandwidth, cpu etc

Just means hitting the server with thousands of requests using bots/proxies etc so that genuine requests can't get through, eventually will bring the server down by using up all the memory, bandwidth, cpu etc

Lame. So, basically, just to piss people off then?

Hope it doesn't take too long to get things back up and running.

Well, it seems that one of these DDoSers (if these people even did anything) will likely be hunted down and punished quite severely as they decided to turn themselves into a terrorist by making a fake bomb threat.

I've been following the thread on Gaf most of the day and was shocked when that popped up. These guys are idiots.

Shame PSN has been down all day. My brother wasn't happy as he was really getting into TLOU online mode. A bunch of people who bought Plants Vs Zombies have been stuck twiddling their thumbs all day.

I've been following the thread on Gaf most of the day and was shocked when that popped up. These guys are idiots.

From what I can tell, I don't think these are even doing any DoSSing. They're just claiming it as their work.

The ones doing it are complete dicks. These are just complete idiots.

I can't believe it's taking them so long to get services back up and running. Makes me wonder if they had any contingency for DDoS at all. At the very least they could block all incoming connections then reopen certain unrelated IP ranges.