Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're trying to grow back into your natural colour by putting more artificial colour on? :heh: my g/f says the same thing... it must be a girl thing that I don't understand :indeed:

But it looks cool.

If you dye it to near your normal colour people wont notice when it starts growing out and you can leave it. Thats my theory anyway.

That's what I use normally, any reccomendations if I want to keep colour in?

Best girl to talk to is raining but I found using cold water when you rinse the dye out can help lock it slightly, using a shampoo suited to what colour you are using. Also heating the dye is great I found when I heat the dye whilst it's on my head (again thanks to raining) it not only comes out better but stays in longer.

Also if you can when shampooing your hair place some of the colour into the shampoo, I can't do that because I only have streaks of colour, but it can help boost it when it's starting to fade.

Best girl to talk to is raining but I found using cold water when you rinse the dye out can help lock it slightly, using a shampoo suited to what colour you are using. Also heating the dye is great I found when I heat the dye whilst it's on my head (again thanks to raining) it not only comes out better but stays in longer.

Also if you can when shampooing your hair place some of the colour into the shampoo, I can't do that because I only have streaks of colour, but it can help boost it when it's starting to fade.

Whoa, this thread is starting to get too technical for simple folk like me!

I looooveee it!

edit: easy tip for getting rid of colour in hair: use head and shoulders, it's a right bastard and strips the colour quickly. Apprently even black hair.

I seem to be having that problem with my highlights. They seem a lot less than they were when I got them 2 weeks ago. Had them before and they lasted for ages before fading a bit. Using a different shampoo and conditioner but it's by the same company (can't remember off hand) and its for coloured hair... Maybe I should go back to the one which is specifically for highlights?

I have a shampoo on prescription called capasal for my psoriasis, I use it when I want to remove a lot of colour. Its basically a VERY hardcore version of the extreme dandruff shampoos you get, like t gel and those ones.

Cold water works well to not remove hair colour and you can also get special hair shampoos to keep colour in. There are some in boots, for like bog standard red/brown/blonde. In my red days I used some red stuff and found it really good.

Or if its the bolder colours, there are some special shampoos here that you can use to keep the colour in.

ALSO!!!

1. before dying - use the above mentioned hardcore dandruff shampoo to really clean your hair well - DO NOT USE CONDITIONERRRR!!!

2. get your hair as dry as possible (some say its okay damp, but i find it washes out really easily) and leave the colour on for like an hour, use a hairdryer to heat it (another great method to keep the colour)

don't do step 2 with bleach or with those ones you get in boots, the kind you have to mix, follow the instructions for those!

The bright colours are different because they are in essence just colour and don't really have that many hardcore chemicals in comparison to bleach or the hairdyes you get in boots.

I have a shampoo on prescription called capasal for my psoriasis, I use it when I want to remove a lot of colour. Its basically a VERY hardcore version of the extreme dandruff shampoos you get, like t gel and those ones.

Cold water works well to not remove hair colour and you can also get special hair shampoos to keep colour in. There are some in boots, for like bog standard red/brown/blonde. In my red days I used some red stuff and found it really good.

Or if its the bolder colours, there are some special shampoos here that you can use to keep the colour in.

ALSO!!!

1. before dying - use the above mentioned hardcore dandruff shampoo to really clean your hair well - DO NOT USE CONDITIONERRRR!!!

2. get your hair as dry as possible (some say its okay damp, but i find it washes out really easily) and leave the colour on for like an hour, use a hairdryer to heat it (another great method to keep the colour)

don't do step 2 with bleach or with those ones you get in boots, the kind you have to mix, follow the instructions for those!

The bright colours are different because they are in essence just colour and don't really have that many hardcore chemicals in comparison to bleach or the hairdyes you get in boots.

I got it done in a proper stylists so it was done properly. Hair was washed before etc. It's probably just my imagination that it's fading already.

I got it done in a proper stylists so it was done properly. Hair was washed before etc. It's probably just my imagination that it's fading already.

I doubt it, hair dressers, like dentists and opticians have a policy of not doing things properly to keep the customers coming in on a regular basis.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!