NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

It's a pain in the arse it's US only, but I think that's Kickstarter rather than Rob Thomas, right?

Lots of kickstarters give the option to back $5/$10 extra for worldwide shipping.

Rob Thomas has just tweeted saying they are working on the "thorny issues" regarding international release (guessing to do with rights).

O man I loved Rob Thomas when he did that song with Santana! Be pretty cool to meet him.

Aaand it's been fully funded. That was fast! It was at $300,000 when I posted the link.

Yeah in seventeen hours they have raised two and a half million and still have twenty nine days to go.ot will petter off, of course, but wouldn't be surprised if it reaches four million.

And now Kristin Chenoweth and Zachary Levi have mentioned possibilities of Pushing Daisies and Chuck films.

Both would be amazing.

I'd take a Pushing Daisies movie to wrap things up in a more satisfying way.

Chuck has already ended three times and can go die in a fire.

I'd help fund that if they brought Cordelia back. :cry:

It would be such a mess because of the canon comic book, though. Unless they made a movie out of the comic book, I guess.

While I like Chuck, Angel and Buffy (another one being battered around) they all had their time to end. Pushing Daises was ripped from us and killed the only happy part of me that was left :(

Started watching The Mentalist. I like playing a game to guess who the murderer is in each episode.

I'm at 7/9 so far. :)

Anyone watch Plebs last night on ITV2?

Quite enjoyed it, Preferred the 2nd Episode to the first though. Inbetweeners but in Rome pretty much.

(US) Netflix has added a load of shows such as Adventure Time, Robot Chicken, Regular Show, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Childrens Hospital, Dexter's Lab and moooooooore!

_1364911820.gif

The Cougar Town finale was kind of heartbreaking, but it did have this great meta moment:

tumblr_ml26zxfMzK1qdhqp1o1_1280.jpg

Is that the show with half of Scrubs' cast playing new characters, except for Sam Lloyd who played Ted?

Yes, although Rob Maschino (or whatever his name is) did have a brief cameo and was credited as Todd. Plus there was one of the other recurring doctors in the finale, presumably as the same character but didn't spot the credits. And in one episode they were even watching Scrubs.

Does anyone else get really annoyed by "previously on" segments that completely ruin what the episode's going to be about?? Especially when it pertains to past characters who you didn't know were returning....

Does anyone else get really annoyed by "previously on" segments that completely ruin what the episode's going to be about?? Especially when it pertains to past characters who you didn't know were returning....

Yes. Pisses me off a great deal. I've made a habit of skipping those parts if I'm watching it on dvd.

I don't understand why shows do it. You're already watching it, so must be a fan, so you'll have some knowledge of what's already happening. You don't need to be reminded.

There are definitely times when I need to be reminded. I only have vague memories of why the characters on Game of Thrones are where they are in season 3, so a reminder at the beginning of each episode would be very helpful.

That said, I do dislike it when they ruin surprises. :heh:

The worst thing is when those exist on the DVD/Blu-Rays. When you've selected the "play all" button.

I'm looking at you, BSG.

BSG even told you what would happen in the episode you were about to watch.

They did often use it for misdirection, though.

They did often use it for misdirection, though.

Yeah they took that from the original show but it never gave away anything major and as Cube said was used a lot for misdirection to make sure the view kept watching to see what those flashing images would mean.

Anyway.

I just finished watching the final episode of Spartacus: War of the Damned and final ep of the show overall too.

I enjoyed the show over the last few years. And it was a good ending....

I had been wondering if they would stick close to history and have Crassus beat Spartacus as what seems to be the historical account (only read up a little bit bout it not done any full study on the real event) or if they would take some creative license and have Spartacus win.

That final battle between those two was very well done and at points couldn't really tell which way it would go (like a good pro-wrestling match).

Was good that they actually did have Spartacus beat Crassus in the fight.... only to get speared in the back by some random roman soliders :(

For a brief moment I thought they were gonna go the less "historical" route and have Spartacus kill Crassus which I was hoping for. But I guess having Spartacus "techinically" beat him...though unable to kill him works well too. It still allowed Crassus to see that Spartacus was his better and had it not been for near enough sheer dumb luck Spartacus would have had his head.

Felt sorry for Gannicus though the way he was defeated. Romans just encircling him with their body lenght shields boxing him into a small enclosed space. :( Though was good that Caesar didn't kill him there and then... that would have been a poor death for Gannicus.... though being crucified prolly isn't much better it was still better than seeing such a great fighter get casually stabbed in the back while unarmed and basically in chains. And I liked the little hallucination he had while he on the cross too.

Naevia's death was a little too quick though. After Caesar stabbed her and before she feel I was expecting she might have a hallucination/vision of Crixus before she died so that we might see both those characters "reunited" at the end. That would have been a nice scene... though get the feeling they prolly did have it but it got cut :( (bring on the blu ray :D)

On Naevia too, in the previous season I was a bit put off by the change in actress for her character but I think it worked out for the best the way the character developed I can't see the original actress becoming the warrior Naevia became. She just seemed too soft and gentle in Blood & Sand and Gods of the Arena. Just hard to imagine that Naevia becoming a blood thristy killer. :heh:

Crassus as the antagonist I did enjoy this season too. He was different to the previous ones where even though he still saw himself "above" Spartacus and other slaves he at least seemed to respect Spartacus and knew enough that even though he was "above" Spartacus in "social standing" that in battle that meant little. Like how he actually trianed with his own Gladiator at the start of the season showing he understood that in combat a slave trained as a Gladiator could be more than a match for roman solider.

After the show was over too and they did the credits I thought it was great that the showed all the main characters again from all the seasons, including the prequel. And ended brilliantly with showing Andy Whitfield doing the "I am Spartacus" scene from Blood & Sand. Great to see him acknowledged again at the end of it