NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

I've been watching Scream Queens, too. It' sooo stupid, but pretty funny. I'm really hoping it'll get canceled, though. I can never stand Ryan Murphy shows after season 1.

Other than Glee, Ryan Murphy also created Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story. All of them started out strong, but quickly went completely off the rails.

He also created Popular and The New Normal, but I haven't really watched those.

Ah, I watched a bit of The New Normal, but it wasn't very good. Never seen the others. We've properly binged on Scream Queens though. Have to wait now to watch the rest weekly like a chump. Lame.

I guess since this week's episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was a Christmas episode, that means we won't get any more episodes until after New Year's. Christmas ruined.

On a brighter note, I found it amusing when I went back to check something in the pilot episode and realized that in the first scene, they're singing a song that also appears in Fallout 4. So that means that both of the new shows I'm watching this season has featured songs from Fallout 4!

In typical Ryan Murphy fashion, the Scream Queens finale was super boring.

I kept expecting a twist because Murphy announced that only four characters would survive...

It wasn't that bad. The whole second half of the season was a bit rubbish compared to the first though. I enjoyed it overall though. The whole style and humour felt quite refreshing. Favourite characters were probably Chad, and Denise Hemphill. Gotta love Predatory Les too.

Edit: Apparently the girl who played Chanel #3 is Princess Leias daughter in real life, which does explain the ear muffs!

Edited by 130131301364

I wish Murphy and his co-creators would sit down and actually work out storylines together. It feels like everyone's just doing their own thing. Most things are just forgotten about from week to week, and characters are reset or missing depending on who's writing the episode.

Like when Chad threatens Pete, then doesn't even appear again until two episodes later, when Pete has been killed by someone else. It's like one writer set up a storyline that none of the others wanted to follow up on.

They did the same thing on early Glee, where it felt like you were watching three different shows.

My girlfriend and I have started watching The Shannara Chronicles as the trailers were interesting. Over the weekend HBO released the next two episodes due to a leak so we're up to episode 4 now. I like it for what it is, good adventure-fantasy, but it certainly has some flaws. The acting is quite bad at times and the story is really basic, almost too boring and reminds too much of Lord of the Rings.

Is that the Terry Brooks adaptation? How weird, I was leafing through a Shannara book yesterday at a pub wondering whether to start reading it.

Yes, the very same Shannara. I haven't read the books, not even heard of them before the show.

Randomly binged Jane the Virgin as I stumbled upon it on Netflix. It is ridiculous, but it knows it and goes along with it. Plus they have a human version of Calculon so what more could you need?

Plus its got me liking the name Xiomara.

After starting Mid-Feb, I've now finished all of Buffy and Angel. Why did it take me so long to watch it? Both shows were awesome.

Welcome to the new millenium :p.

I just started watching iZombie, Dutch Netflix put it online today. I always suspected it would cater to the Buffy & Angel fans. It doesn't quite have the same vibe, but so far I'm liking it.

After starting Mid-Feb, I've now finished all of Buffy and Angel. Why did it take me so long to watch it? Both shows were awesome.

Got a preference then? I started off absolutely loving Buffy but in the end Angel was probably my favourite show.

Welcome to the new millenium :p.

I just started watching iZombie, Dutch Netflix put it online today. I always suspected it would cater to the Buffy & Angel fans. It doesn't quite have the same vibe, but so far I'm liking it.

Yeah it's in the UK too. People should check it out. It's the (lighter) spiritual successor to Veronica Mars, which is the spiritual successor to Buffy.

Edited by Ashley

Started watching Empire. It's not gripping me as much as people make out but I assume/hope it gets better the further into the drama/season you get.

I'm enjoying the soundtrack even if it is basically a hip hop/rap Glee ("I'm going to sing my emotions right now!").

What I have found most interesting so far is the storyline about Jamal's sexuality. The degrading things he's called is normalised/expected and his sexuality is an open secret as everyone seems to know, but nobody publicly discusses it, but will say things like "even if you're a sissy your music is good" (forget the exact quote) . It's just an interesting exploration of it IDK. Plus I do like any drama that pits siblings against each other...

Yeah it's in the UK too. People should check it out. It's the (lighter) spiritual successor to Veronica Mars, which is the spiritual successor to Buffy.

I recommend Dead Like Me if any of you enjoyed iZombie. Main difference is the girl is a grim reaper instead of a zombie, but other than it's same light dark story and solve the "murder of the week". Might be on Netflix depending on the country.

It is one of those shows that has been on my list for ages because of the Bryan Fuller thing. I love Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is coming back for a 9th season, yasss!!!! :bouncy::yay:

Hey man, calm down. No need to be so enthusiastic.

Hey man, calm down. No need to be so enthusiastic.

Proper reaction:

c62cae62d2cf7cc47cd0f5bed75404d7.jpg