Hero-of-Time

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's one down and three to go!

2-1.jpg

p.jpg

I really enjoyed the game at the start but as I went on I realized that the game was lacking any real substance and variation. It got really repetitive by the end of the game and the story kinda ended abruptly. It's like the developers suddenly ran out of ideas and then just ended the game.

It's a real shame because I think the setting and the characters are great, the whole thing just needs fleshing out a bit. Not that it will get the chance as I think the series has got too bad of a reputation now.

Next up is...

photo-8.jpg

I'm quite looking forward to this one as I have never played it at all and it has good write ups from various people.

Round 2....FIGHT! :D

No More Heroes is AWESOME! :D

Don't let things like the bike controls annoy you or anything (personally they didn't bother me at all, I enjoyed them, but other people don't seem to like them), just see it as part of the fun!

There are more controls to the bike than I think they tell you... but I can't remember them, maybe @Hero\-of\-Time also make sure you have the wiimote speaker turned on! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Thanks to @\-Dem0\-, @Hero\-of\-Time and my good pal @Jonnas for recommending some games for me! I've been busy this past week completing one of each of your recommended games.

A Boy and his Blob

This was a fun game! It’s definitely a game that should be played in small doses though, as it sometimes felt a bit tedious having to constantly choose different jelly beans and call Blob over repeatedly whenever he got stuck (and when I played, he got stuck a lot =P). But that’s a minor niggle really. Rather than rush through, just relax and take things slowly whilst you figure out how to progress and observe the game’s impressive visuals.

BHBW.jpg

Oh, and my favourite part of the game? The hug button. It’s a small touch but it’s adorable.

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

I don’t think it’s a secret here that I like the character Wario. But with that said, I don’t think I’ve ever given the Wario Land series a fair chance. I’m glad I went back to this one though, because it was pretty enjoyable. The multitude of locations look great and the music felt pretty diverse too. I really liked the inclusion of missions, which gave you something extra to do in each level and encouraged playing a level multiple times to complete them all.

I also realised that this was made by Good Feel, who would later make Kirby’s Epic Yarn. They certainly know how to make pretty platformers!

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

This was already on my list of completed games, but since I was playing Wario Land, I thought I should go back to this and, um, make it even more complete! I had cleared the game and watched the credits roll, but I hadn’t unlocked every microgame. It was kind of a pain since microgames unlock randomly, so I was playing certain locations for a long time before the missing ones would appear (I hate you Kat and Ana, and your samurai form pose games that would never work for me, grrr!) It was worth it though, for two reasons:

1) Unlocking all microgames unlocked Pyoro S. Pyoro games are always fun!

2) I had to play this boss stage again that I had completely forgotten about, and I was laughing the whole way through:

I had a good time looking absolutely ridiculous. =P

de Blob

You folks sure decided to recommend some really good looking games for me! de Blob was a delight to look at (sorry.) The game is very bright and colourful, and just good simple fun really. My favourite part of this game was the extra missions you could get. I felt the fast pace these missions provided was a great counterpart to the more relaxing pace of the main levels. The last two levels were fairly annoying though when trying to collect/paint everything, because there were parts you couldn’t return to unless you restarted the level. Finishing a level with 99% of buildings painted was a real sting, heh.

-----

So that’s two games starring Wario, and two games starring blobs! And if you count Wario as a fat blob too, then I’ve played four games in a row starring blobs! Anyway, that’s three more off my incomplete list, whoo! I might look at Little King’s Story later, but feel free to suggest something else for me to play on my list.

No More Heroes is AWESOME! :D

Don't let things like the bike controls annoy you or anything (personally they didn't bother me at all, I enjoyed them, but other people don't seem to like them), just see it as part of the fun!

I spent 5 minutes on the bike and sent the game back to Lovefilm. The lack of waggle sword swinging also really annoyed me.

Been checking out this site since the C-E days, finally decided to sign up having got rid of my 360 and buying my girlfriend's Wii (don't ask) off her for £30 (an absolute steal, she played Wii Fit twice) in prep for the Wii U!

Anway to join in the actual topic and simply stop boasting, now able to pick up quite frankly some brilliant games at dirt cheap prices (ok a little bit of boasting...), so have picked up Metroid Other M, Pikmin 2, completed DKCR already, and Resident Evil 4 and Majora's Mask to play through again having been an N64 and Cube veteran. Thinking I may save Skyward Sword for when the Wii U is released, think the launch line up looks quite good without any titles that really get me giddy, but I figure with it being backwards compatible a really good opportunity to keep on plowing through some genuine classics!

Thanks Wii :) have kind of flitted in and out of using a friends Wii in the past and completed both the galaxy games, heard great things about Xenoblade though so looking in to getting that, have you played The Last Story? Heard positive things about that game too, although I happily admit I have never been the most patient RPG player, Skies Of Arcadia being my one and only attempt and completion!

Thanks Wii :) have kind of flitted in and out of using a friends Wii in the past and completed both the galaxy games, heard great things about Xenoblade though so looking in to getting that, have you played The Last Story? Heard positive things about that game too, although I happily admit I have never been the most patient RPG player, Skies Of Arcadia being my one and only attempt and completion!

The Last Story's really really great. A lack of patience shouldn't put you off - it's all real-time, very action-y and really frantic!

If finished Arkham City (great game) and got stuck into two Wii games. First I put on was:

p><p>With Rayman legends coming out at launch I thought it best to finish this off. And what a game it is, just so creative and imaginative in its design. I really wish Nintendo put this much effort into its New Super mario Bros series, it

I also usually have a story based of sorts that my girlfriend can watch me play and get some enjoyment out of(though she ended up loving watching Rayman). She loves Disney so decided on this, again, so I'm ready for the sequel!

8023845831_410ce2d095.jpg

IMG_3693 by darrenleebolton, on Flickr

Let's see how long it takes me to finish these before moving on to some new games!

Edited by dazzybee

Games I should get through on Wii....okay: *turns chair around to look at shelf*

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-MadWorld

-The Conduit

-Trauma Centre: New Blood

-Dead Space: Extraction

...the last level of Zack and Wiki

They're all partially completed but...eh...I don't know if I can be arsed with some of that. Bugger The Conduit.

@dazzybee looking forward to your thoughts on Epic Mickey. I'm still not convinced by it, or the sequel enough to think about buying either of them, but there's still somewhat of a charm about them that atleast keeps me interested.

Games I should get through on Wii....okay: *turns chair around to look at shelf*

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-MadWorld

-The Conduit

-Trauma Centre: New Blood

-Dead Space: Extraction

...the last level of Zack and Wiki

They're all partially completed but...eh...I don't know if I can be arsed with some of that. Bugger The Conduit.

Complete DKCR, Dead Space and Zack & Wiki for sure!

MadWorld is a waste of time.

I agree with every bit of that especially about Madworld. It's repetitive and boring.

I completed The Conduit but I can't for the life of me remember the ending. I liked it overall.

Edited by Wii

@dazzybee looking forward to your thoughts on Epic Mickey. I'm still not convinced by it, or the sequel enough to think about buying either of them, but there's still somewhat of a charm about them that atleast keeps me interested.

Well the opening intro get me hard and my girlfriend wet. Only played about 20 mins but its looking fantastic in all honesty. Maybe technically a bit...sloppy. And I'm to a mega fan of the comic book style cut scenes, but then after that opening I want them all like that. I think I going to love it because I love Disney, but I can also see the many areas itneeds to improve.

But literally 20 mins, going to put a good hour or two in tonight so we'll see how that goes.

I had a good time looking absolutely ridiculous. =P

This is simply one of the best moments of any Wii game.

I had a free evening tonight when my gf was away, so i thought i'd try and get through my backlog. I thought i'd try and finish Skyward Sword. It was going well, I was heading towards the Temple of Time, about to get the three bits of the contration, when my gf comes home. Lovely, i thought, i've done a bit more of this game, how pleasant. Then i tried to save, and where was the nearest save point? Halfway across the fucking map. Frantically trying to make my way back to it while having a conversation about her day, and i died. Game over.

Why the hell does this game still use crappy save points that take 10 minutes to save? Ridiculous.

That's not the point! :)

Point is, maybe there had been a fire or something, and i had to get out of the house, but wanted to save first......i could have died!

Grrrr.. last night i was about ready to give up on it.....but it's so addictive i'll probably have another go when i have more time.

Most of my backlog is actually on the xbox (Halo, Red Dead Redemption, AC Brotherhood), but i still want to finish SMG 2 at some point as well......if only i didn't have a damned PhD to do...

I realise that it's the sort of game that needs to be played in huge bursts, but i wish Nintendo would realise that some people just don't have the time to do this.

I have the whole of Sunday to myself so i should be able to get a large chunk done hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my Wii Backlog Battle:

de Blob 2 - Got rid of it. :woops: I was around half way through, but just wasn't enjoying it at all. :nono: Loved the first game, but this one felt like a chore and was doing my head in. Luckily I only paid a fiver for it, and managed to sell it for 4 quid, so it's all good. :D

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins - Finished this a few days ago, I was really near to the end so it didn't take too long.

Okami - Have just reached the point of no return (apparently), 40hrs on the clock. So yeah, reckon I'll have it completed this weekend.

Bring on the Wii U! :hehe:

Okami - Have just reached the point of no return (apparently), 40hrs on the clock. So yeah, reckon I'll have it completed this weekend.
40hrs?? Oh man, you didn't take your time with it and collect/upgrade/side-quest everything did you? Think I put around 75hrs into this game!

40hrs?? Oh man, you didn't take your time with it and collect/upgrade/side-quest everything did you? Think I put around 75hrs into this game!
Well, I collected everything that I could find. :heh: Got the level 3 versions of Power Slash and Cherry Bomb, all of the celestial brush techniques, maxed out the Ink Pots (and still have loads of Praise left over, could improve the other attributes too)... ::shrug:

I made a copy of my save file before the point of no return anyway, so I can still go back and do some more collecting/side-questing. :)

Or is there stuff that I will have permanently missed now, regardless of that? :blank: