Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pikmin 3

Retro_Link

Not going to lie, brah. I lost it at this. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. 55 Pikmin? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Yeah, i forgot to change from Red to Rock Pikmin. I even threw my assistant at the boss. The 55 dead 'Min came from the Red, the 10 that lived were the Rockmin adn 2 Red Min. Lucky the day ended before the final death hit, had to go back to the pod to get the other 35 i stored in order to take the prize back to base. I used the Wii-U tablet for the controls, may use the 'Mote for boss action/combat from now on.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First boss took me a couple of retries. First battle I found out having too many 'min in your squad was a disadvantage so I had to leave my reds in the little alcove behind the mushrooms.

Second time I had beat him but ran out of time carrying back the spoils of the battle and I accidentally trapped a squad of Pikmin carrying the fruit who where behind the team carrying his carcass who I called back in a narrow corridor.

Trouble was I was trying to do too much in one day so decided to take a whole day to take on the boss which worked out, spent the day before building the bridges and farming Rock Pikmin.

Tried the gamepad controls first but found the aiming controls are better with the Wii remote so switched to that control scheme.

First boss took me a couple of retries. First battle I found out having too many 'min in your squad was a disadvantage so I had to leave my reds in the little alcove behind the mushrooms.

Second time I had beat him but ran out of time carrying back the spoils of the battle and I accidentally trapped a squad of Pikmin carrying the fruit who where behind the team carrying his carcass who I called back in a narrow corridor.

Trouble was I was trying to do too much in one day so decided to take a whole day to take on the boss which worked out, spent the day before building the bridges and farming Rock Pikmin.

Tried the gamepad controls first but found the aiming controls are better with the Wii remote so switched to that control scheme.

That seemed to be my exact problem. I tend to take all the Pikmin out of the pods before heading out. Maybe limiting the number i take is the way forward.

any tips for fighting

Hairy Long legs? i've just got the cell phone from the sand worm and i'm replaying the first level, and have come up against a black hairy long legs and its kicking my ass more than the one in the level where you get separated from Bitchney (Britney for those who don't know what a selfish bitch she is)

any tips for fighting
Hairy Long legs? i've just got the cell phone from the sand worm and i'm replaying the first level, and have come up against a black hairy long legs and its kicking my ass more than the one in the level where you get separated from Bitchney (Britney for those who don't know what a selfish bitch she is)

It's pretty easy if you do this:

Use yellow Pikmin. You can throw them higher so they don't have to climb as far to get to the weak points, what's more yellow Pikmin climb faster which is an extra bonus. You can get it over with even more quickly if you use the spicy spray to invigorate them before the battle. Once you have got rid of all the hair on his knee joints they will remove the hair from the main body segment - then you can launch the yellow Pikmin straight at the body eliminating the need for the climb.

That seemed to be my exact problem. I tend to take all the Pikmin out of the pods before heading out. Maybe limiting the number i take is the way forward.

Like I said, I just dismissed my team inside the small cave covered by the mushrooms, they were safe there it doesn't seem to be able to attack that area, and took only the Rock types until the armour was destroyed, called my Red types in and went all out to finish him off. Larger groups are more likely to get caught since the ones at the back lag behind quite a bit and makes it hard to avoid.

I only took around 25 Rock types.

If any of your Pikmin get caught start attacking him he will flinch if you cause enough damage which should save any he caught if your quick enough.

The company I started using for game rentals since cancelling Lovefilm (Boomerang Rentals) sent this out today. Got Tuesday and Wednesday off this week and hoping I can spend some time sending cute colourful bugs to their cute colourful deaths.

Like I said, I just dismissed my team inside the small cave covered by the mushrooms, they were safe there it doesn't seem to be able to attack that area, and took only the Rock types until the armour was destroyed, called my Red types in and went all out to finish him off. Larger groups are more likely to get caught since the ones at the back lag behind quite a bit and makes it hard to avoid.

I only took around 25 Rock types.

If any of your Pikmin get caught start attacking him he will flinch if you cause enough damage which should save any he caught if your quick enough.

I didn't think of that, why didn't i hide them by the mushrooms. Damn

any tips for fighting

Just use Rock Pikmin. Takes a bit longer but they won't die. Make sure you lure him where you want him first though.

any tips for fighting

I didn't find it too difficult(read: jeopardising to pikmin), except that it crosses two areas? Just have a captain on each side, lob pikmin from one to the other as/when needed. Once I figured that out was fairly peachy iirc. I had a fairly even mix of reds yellows and rocks, but I might have taken some extra yellows thinking they'd be more useful? I can't quite remember. Do the captain divide asap though. Use lots of whistling too.

I've unlocked the fifth and final area of the game, but I'm currently going around collecting all the fruit from previous areas before finishing. I just wondered if there are any alternate endings for not collecting all fruit, and if I should experience that first?

Arrived yesterday, and so far played up to day 3, then my son has taken over and repeated Day 1 and 2 over and over again, therefore deleting my data each time, as he saves each time. Ohhh, why aren't there 2 or 3 save file slots for the Story Mode. Looks like I'll have to wait until he's back at school in September before I get to play this through properly.

Just simply exploring in this game is so much fun, turning a corner and wondering what you're going to find or come up against next. The area around the 3rd boss (which I seemed to run into a bit sooner than I should have?) is great for exploring. Such a great game.