PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Murr

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kat from Gravity Rush will be released as DLC very soon. Might just push me to buying Gravity Rush. Also Starhawks Emmet Graves will be added as well as a Heavenly Sword/Wipeout stage.

Oh and the characters are free if you get them within the first fortnight of release.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/kat-and-emmett-in-ps-all-stars-details-and-new-level-revealed/

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 1 month later...

I picked up Playstation Smash Bros the other day and actually, I was playing it with a friend and it's a lot of fun. Reminds me of the N64 Smash Bros more than the later ones. I'd definitely like to see a sequel where they play on the whole stage clashing thing. The Loco Roco/Metal Gear stage is pretty hysterical. I want the stages to be even more dynamic.

The camera could be a little smarter. Shit gets so hectic and it doesn't zoom in enough.

HOW THE FUCK does the scoring work?! I thought it was +2 for a kill and -1 for a death but I've had a couple 3-minute matches where I amassed about 26/28 points. Do you get an additional point every time you collect enough AP to charge up a level?

It's disappointing that everything/everyone is unlocked from the start. Still two new characters and a stage for free in a couple weeks for DLC? Awesome.

I hate that Nariko doesn't say anything when she joins a match. Couldn't they just use a voice sample from Heavenly Sword?!

I'd love there to be a new Heavenly Sword game. Do it Sony. You assholes.

Edited by Daft

I picked up Playstation Smash Bros the other day and actually, I was playing it with a friend and it's a lot of fun. Reminds me of the N64 Smash Bros more than the later ones. I'd definitely like to see a sequel where they play on the whole stage clashing thing. The Loco Roco/Metal Gear stage is pretty hysterical. I want the stages to be even more dynamic.

The camera could be a little smarter. Shit gets so hectic and it doesn't zoom in enough.

HOW THE FUCK does the scoring work?! I thought it was +2 for a kill and -1 for a death but I've had a couple 3-minute matches where I amassed about 26/28 points. Do you get an additional point every time you collect enough AP to charge up a level?

It's disappointing that everything/everyone is unlocked from the start. Still two new characters and a stage for free in a couple weeks for DLC? Awesome.

I hate that Nariko doesn't say anything when she joins a match. Couldn't they just use a voice sample from Heavenly Sword?!

I'd love there to be a new Heavenly Sword game. Do it Sony. You assholes.

You kill people.

I had a blast on this last night and i'm also confused how the scoring, as well as the XP, works. Some matches I end up getting a load of exp, yet others sod all. The same goes for the score.

I have enjoyed what I played of it. I finished story mode last night with Nathan Drake before doing a few trophy runs. Quite an enjoyable game and not half as bad as some on the internet have made out.

• 3 weeks later...
I had a blast on this last night and i'm also confused how the scoring, as well as the XP, works. Some matches I end up getting a load of exp, yet others sod all. The same goes for the score.

I have enjoyed what I played of it. I finished story mode last night with Nathan Drake before doing a few trophy runs. Quite an enjoyable game and not half as bad as some on the internet have made out.

Yeah, the mechanics of the game are actually really good.

Personally, on the scoring, I think that you get a point every time you increas your AP level and then it's the standard +2 for a kill and -1 for a death on top of that. Which actually makes the game a lot more interesting in terms of strategy because the more AP someone has the more they drop. Anyway...I think that's how it works.

The single player content is just massively lacking. It's like a stripped down version of Smash Bros on the N64 but the local play is a hell of a lot of fun. They would have done well to sell it as a budget title.

• 1 year later...