NEurope
flameboy

GAME Group what next?

I see GAME are selling this

429121_197613237014438_100002972905530_311700_1820722604_n.jpg

Took this earlier, posted it on me facebook earlier.

Cool how much was it?

My only thoughts regarding all this is that Game should really get rid of that tacky purple sign. It's heinously repulsive and makes me never want to go in there.

I'm starting to think I really should have gone and bought some crap in Game/Gamestation, but I just haven't be arsed to bother.

Instead I'm trying to turn some money on their rock bottom shares. I suggest everybody else buy them up too not at all so that mine go up in value of course.

I'm half expecting that the next time I go into GAME, all they'll have left would be used copies of Kirby's Air Ride.

Cool how much was it?

They better offer even more of a discount considering its missing a sword

I'll have to ask when i'm in next, but from what people were saying they were practically giving it away with a new copy of Skyrim. It's the new edition, one off.

It seems now Activision and Microsoft have reportably pulled from GAME, according to a leaked memo*

*That Shopto reported on.

If they've lost Microsoft (and by reports the white starwars 360) i suppose that means everything they make so no Xbox's or peripherals?

that is bad very very bad

I'm half expecting that the next time I go into GAME, all they'll have left would be used copies of Kirby's Air Ride.

What's with you and Kirby's Air Ride?

I read somewhere that there were warehouses full of unsold copies.

It may have been a joke in NGC Magazine.

It seems to sell well on ebay! I was hoping to get a copy because my kids love Kirby, but was put off by the prices.

Heard they have reduced PS2's to £10 (phat) and £15 (slim) may go pick up one my PS3 is not backwards compatible and when I was in stupid crazy collection building phase bought a few PS2 games thinking I would pick up one cheap some time...finally could play through MGS3 Subsistence.

I don't know what they finished at but GAME shares were up about 70% at one point today.

LOL.

Not hard when you're starting at like 2p :p

Might pass by my local game/a gamestation tomorrow

I don't know what they finished at but GAME shares were up about 70% at one point today.

LOL.

Not hard when you're starting at like 2p :p

Might pass by my local game/a gamestation tomorrow

I think they were actually at less than a penny at one point....seems to random investment companies making speculative investments causing shares to rise. Goldman Sachs have done and some other company I forget.

Yeah it's a very risky strategy but can pay off massively. I turned 1k into 4.5k in a day last year with something similar. Of course I then lost most of it the next day but still ended up 500 quid better off.

I think they were actually at less than a penny at one point....seems to random investment companies making speculative investments causing shares to rise. Goldman Sachs have done and some other company I forget.

It was Blueshore Global Equity

We need to save Game

1e3e9047.jpg

Edited by canand

It was Blueshore Global Equity

We need to save Game

1e3e9047.jpg

we really don't.....they could have saved themselves by changing their business practices and making less dumb decisions....

GAME store closure letters go out to customers

GAME has begun sending out letters to its customers notifying them of impending store closures.

The struggling high street shop is reassuring its customers that pre-orders will be transferred to alternative shops: other Gamestation or GAME stores.

One Eurogamer reader sent us in the letter he received notifying him of the closure of the GAME store in Bracknell, Berkshire.

The letter, dated 14th March, brings word of the store closure, set for 24th March. There's a Gamestation nearby, though, and the letter points to it.

The letter is reprinted below, with permission.

It should be noted that these store closures are part of already announced plans made by GAME Group to shut 35 of its shops.

The chain currently has 610 outlets, which it intends to reduce to 550 by Christmas 2013. These latest closures are a part of this.

Earlier this month GAME closed down its Gameplay.co.uk online store, which now redirects all customers to Gamestation.co.uk.

The retailer is in the midst of some well-documented financial difficulties after it lost credit insurance. This has led to many new releases, including Mass Effect 3, not being stocked. Administration is thought to be imminent, but third parties have already expressed interest in a potential buyout.

GAME told Eurogamer it will not publish a list of the 35 stores it intends to close. Instead, it will notify customers directly, as we have seen.

Have you received a letter from GAME? If so, let us know at [email protected].

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-16-game-store-closure-letters-go-out-to-customers

It should be noted that these store closures are part of already announced plans made by GAME Group to shut 35 of its shops.

They announced these closures in 2011.

It will probably be the places with more than 1 store in town, like Cardiff. They got 2. One in the St Davids Centre, and one on the High street. If one closes, which one. The one in St Davids stays open til 8pm though.

They announced these closures in 2011.

Yeah this point is kind of crucial...this decision has been in the works for quite a while even before they re-negotiated their credit agreement with banks iirc.

I pooped in today and bought Kane and Lynch: Dead Men.

I'm aware it may be a bit of a dog's dinner, but it was only £1.98 and I'm running out of co-op games to play with my friend.

I pooped in today and bought Kane and Lynch: Dead Men.

I'm aware it may be a bit of a dog's dinner, but it was only £1.98 and I'm running out of co-op games to play with my friend.

Dude, I know the company's in trouble but that's a bit harsh.

i was in buying a few games and spending the remainder of my points =P

There's nothing majorly exciting in my store deal wise