NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Seems a little sluggish again. It was fine this morning but it has slowed down as the day has gone on. Also, the bar on the side that shows recent posts keeps disappearing. Seems to pop back up if you refresh the page. ::shrug:

Yeah, I noticed this earlier today too - fine this morning, much slower as the day went on.

It seems to be running a bit faster than it was now (?), but there's still a pretty noticeable half beat for me between opening up a thread and then it loading up. 

::shrug:

Maybe everyone needs to just be more of a morning person?

I've not done anything yet as I'm away for a few days, but does seem to suggest it's a server thing (or at least out of our hands). Will try and keep an eye on what visitor numbers are like during slow and not slow times as that could potentially be an issue. 

• Haha 3

Is the forum running sluggish for anyone else? It was happening yesterday evening as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is the forum running sluggish for anyone else? It was happening yesterday evening as well. 

Yup; honestly, I assumed it was just my phone, so I'm glad you mentioned it :laughing:

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, I clicked the thread on that sidebar thing, and it took about 10 seconds for me to get here, so there you go.

EDIT: And just to make sure, loaded ResetEra, and it was practically instant. Something's up.

Edited by Glen-i

I'd just like to say that I have also been experiencing this slowness on the website for the past few days. On two distinct PCs, as well as on mobile.

I'd like to say that this is a very good website, and I appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep it running.

Shorty is swamped with work but has sent some suggestions which I've pencilled in to try in the morning. Thanks for waiting (too soon?)

• Thanks 2

Yeah, site is still dog slow... Hopefully Shorty can work some of his wizard magic and make it not broken again.

Seems to be reasonable at times but it is certainly more slow than not most of the time. 

The suggestions Shorty sent needs to be done by him as it's backend stuff it turns out and he's busy with work. 

I'm trying to just do some general maintenance/spring cleaning in the hopes that'll provide an incremental improvement but I've been away for a few days and there's only so much I can do on my phone. Will try again on Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

Trying to outsource this a bit by asking others to keep an eye on things. 

Was looking at my laptop earlier and it was fine and I very much doubt it's about device type but flagging it up in case someone else wants to verify. I'll do it myself tomorrow, but just in case anyone else is noticing a difference. 

Also just noticed we currently have 212 visitors online apparently and truthfully I never look at what that is typically like but wondering if that could be being detrimental (or at least not helping) so if anyone is experiencing it going slow mind have a look at the number (bottom of the forum listing) and letting me know?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Trying to outsource this a bit by asking others to keep an eye on things. 

Was looking at my laptop earlier and it was fine and I very much doubt it's about device type but flagging it up in case someone else wants to verify. I'll do it myself tomorrow, but just in case anyone else is noticing a difference. 

Also just noticed we currently have 212 visitors online apparently and truthfully I never look at what that is typically like but wondering if that could be being detrimental (or at least not helping) so if anyone is experiencing it going slow mind have a look at the number (bottom of the forum listing) and letting me know?

It's chugging a bit this morning. Currently 196 guests are on the site.

How do people/bots even find this place? It's not as if we pop up on Google searches.

It was running really quickly this morning around 6am so maybe it is a guest issue 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's chugging a bit this morning. Currently 196 guests are on the site.

How do people/bots even find this place? It's not as if we pop up on Google searches.

You have to assume we're all bots until proven otherwise. I always put this place on questionnaires that ask where I get my gaming news. :woops: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I noticed it was running pretty badly again yesterday evening. I checked the guest amount at the time and the number was 400+.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I noticed it was running pretty badly again yesterday evening. I checked the guest amount at the time and the number was 400+.

Interestingly enough: it's at about 300 right now and the site loads pretty quickly...

Edited by drahkon

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Interestingly enough: it's at about 300 right now and the site loads pretty quickly...

Yeah, guess it may not be related to these numbers then. 

Another forum has been having troubles with slowness, even to the point of going down. Also Powered by Invision Community.

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Another forum has been having troubles with slowness, even to the point of going down.

ef0b05b7-895d-4c27-a162-e4c0cd592224_tex

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 20/05/2024 at 4:39 PM, bob said:

I'd like to say that this is a very good website, and I appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep it running.

I'd like to thank you and the the other Patreon supporters, you do more to keep the site running than I do these days :blush:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just adding my personal findings, the recent slowness usually happens for me when there are 200+ users on the site.

Occasionally, the site gets some spells when it becomes as fast as it used to, and I noticed that at those points the number of visitors is only around 120.

So recently, I'm sure some of you have noticed people trying to embed tweets only to be met with it not working.

Trying to copy the link directly will get you this.

https://x.com/ThatBlueKecleon/status/1798807142734152153

Now the issue here is the stupid name change of Twitter to "X", so if you replace that with twitter, then it works.
Now granted, it's not exactly a bug, the embed is working as intended, but is there any way it can be updated to account for this?

Site is running like garbage again. 150 or so guests on at the moment so certainly a lower number than it has been recently.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Site is running like garbage again. 150 or so guests on at the moment so certainly a lower number than it has been recently.

The visitor number was a theory more than anything else. 

But it's been difficult to figure out what the problem is as it's been inconsistent. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But it's been difficult to figure out what the problem is as it's been inconsistent. 

I can only imagine. Appreciate you guys looking into it though.

It was working fine 20 mins ago but now it's starting slowing down again. So weird.