N-Europe

Facebook haters gonna hate

Ellmeister

So once again facebook seems to have made changes no-one probably actually asked for and made it more like their competitors (Google+ and Twitter).

Thought I'd make a thread for people discuss whether they don't mind it or find the small but constant changes annoying?

For those that hate the blue corner idea introduced on this new update and would simply prefer the chronological updates to show up there is this for Google Chrome users:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ffdodpcdalagnkbkojidmmcehlnhniad?tumblr

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine doesn't seem to be working properly. It made the change, then top stories has disappeared totally, recent stories don't automatically update unless I press the facebook or home button, the only thing that seems to do anything is the little update thing in the top right corner which is just full of ReZ commenting on things :p

As per usual people are kicking up a huge fuss about it without actually stopping to think about it. It's different and therefore they don't like it.

If you go on it regularly there won't be a top stories section and you'll just see everything chronologically until you get quite far down the page when it will show you the top stories from before. Continue below that for more chronological stuff.

I think it's very effective, sure it'll take a bit of getting used to but it's good seeing the top news integrated with everything that's going on. I used to miss stuff because I only used the 'Latest News' part and couldn't be bothered changing. I also love the updates section in the sidebar which shows you everything that is going on.

I should point everyone in the way of this Oatmeal classic regarding Facebook changes.

Facebook has changed because its needed too, it integrates with other companies a lot, as well as trying to keep update and beat other companies.

It's a FREE service and quite frankly I was pretty disgusted about how many people kicked up a fuss, it's a pretty neat thing and to have something free like that so I can communicate with anybody at anytime all over the world is awesome, so many people forget about that, forget that this is free, even if I had to pay for facebook I wouldn't be bothered.

People need to stop whinging.

I don't see what was wrong before... they had it as an option. If you wanted your top news you selected it, if you want everything you selected that! why they had to mishmash it together in the worst possible way I do not know...

They're just trying to move more like Google+ really, which makes sense, Google+ works quite well, but doesn't have the same kind of following Facebook does.

I'll write more tomorrow, when I cans and stuff. :grin:

Can I still spy on that girl from work who talks to me once a week and I read too much into it? Yep.

Can I still talk rubbish with my internet friend from across the globe? Yep.

Can I still send my workmates tabloid links of when the "Only Way is Essex" girls are in their bikinis? Yep.

Ah, that's alright then. ;)