N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

It's Sin and Punishment artwork isn't it?

If so then it's no different to the Pokemon/Super Paper Mario/any other game related banner!

What about a generic Nintendo one.

Wii and DS like we used to have on the main site?

Perhaps a bunch of 8-bit characters (samus, mario, Link, ect.).

Sin and Punishment FTW ^_^

Its currently Sin & Punishment as that's what we have on the main site's front page at the mo.

Do you guys think we should have a forum-specific header? What would you want on it if we did?

Mario or Zelda, or Metroid, or something with an 8-bit retro theme like emasher said. Something 'Nintendo', bit of colour, bit generic that everyone likes.

You could change it every time there's a new game out. Phantom Hourglass theme now, Mario Galaxy in a few weeks, Metroid after that, etc...

Also can you please change the grey gridline background? It doesn't line up with the background of the top banner if that makes sense?

Its currently Sin & Punishment as that's what we have on the main site's front page at the mo.

Do you guys think we should have a forum-specific header? What would you want on it if we did?

Yeah I think a forum specific header would be good.

Wii and DS based imo.

Could you please fix this abomination of the English language?

"The little console that could seems to have become a national craze" does not make any sense at all. At the moment we have "The little console" followed by a subordinate clause, "the little console" not constituting a clause (we need subject, verb, object) and, in the subordinate clause, we have "could seems to have become", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. It's also it's not its for the first its, and there's supposed to be a comma after "ones".

"The little console that could" is the noun phrase in the sentence you have highlighted. And there is no subordinate clause in that simple sentence. Grammar Nazi-ing failure extreme.

I'll give you the 'it's' instead of 'its' though.

Let me remind you of two things, please.

One, we are not the same place as the main site. We're their forum, and the red names here are not in control of the news posts. As such, complaining in the forum suggestion inbox is hardly the best approach to righting such an abominable wrong.

Two, N-Europe is not a completely professional body. It is a homegrown website, its writers are mostly teenagers at school. They do not get paid, there is no editor combing each post before it hits the 'press', and its all done for the sake of the end user, for no cost. Do they really deserve to deal with your complaints over things that, in the end, really don't fucking matter? If you think you can do better, maybe you should write an email to the head honcho and apply to become a staff member yourself? Then you can show them all how it's done :)

You could change it every time there's a new game out. Phantom Hourglass theme now, Mario Galaxy in a few weeks, Metroid after that, etc...

But thats the whole point of the Sin and Punishment one that we currently have! The one before with the girl was a bit... wick, I wasn't a fan of it either, but Sin and Punishment is fine.

I'd be suprised if there isn't a new one for Zelda, Metroid then Mario too.

It's most cool.

"The little console that could" is the noun phrase in the sentence you have highlighted. And there is no subordinate clause in that simple sentence. Grammar Nazi-ing failure extreme.

I'll give you the 'it's' instead of 'its' though.

Let me remind you of two things, please.

One, we are not the same place as the main site. We're their forum, and the red names here are not in control of the news posts. As such, complaining in the forum suggestion inbox is hardly the best approach to righting such an abominable wrong.

Two, N-Europe is not a completely professional body. It is a homegrown website, its writers are mostly teenagers at school. They do not get paid, there is no editor combing each post before it hits the 'press', and its all done for the sake of the end user, for no cost. Do they really deserve to deal with your complaints over things that, in the end, really don't fucking matter? If you think you can do better, maybe you should write an email to the head honcho and apply to become a staff member yourself? Then you can show them all how it's done :)

Okay, way to overreact to an innocent error fixing suggestion. Did I in anyway order you to fix it? No. I said "could you please?" in a hardly Nazi way.

Also, the phrase was not a newspost, it was in the forum, which you are in control, so "complaining" in a thread created for such purposes is the best approach.

I get the point that this isn't a professional place and the staff aren't obliged to do anything. So why create threads such as this when you could answer every suggestion with "we're not paid to do this y'know, it's not like if fucking matters anyway so why the fuck are you wasting our time writing this?".

I get that my grammar correcting was mostly wrong, but get off my fucking back.

Dear Moderators and Admin of N-Europe

I won't bother with the formalites, you know who I am and you all may or may not have an opinion of me already, however I am here to ask you "What do you really want N-Europe to be percieved as?"

We can all can see infront of us, in what we read and see the declining quality of content on the N-Europe forums, being a regular user of the site since I joined I have both made friends and 'enemies' so to speak and I have noticed how progressivly worse it has gone over the past few weeks and perhaps months to an extent. I realise this may sound hypocrtical of me, perhaps one of the more controversial and admittdly the one always after a good bit of banter.

When I first joined the forum on the advice of Daniel Timothy I was hooked, it was a friendly community with some members who I instantly enjoyed a friendly atmopshere with, and others which I shared the exact opposite. I percieved this forum as both 'Family Friendly' and 'Relaxing'

Since then we have seen content which goes from 'Cross Dressing 40 Year Olds' to random flaming and abuse.

I know I have not been on this forum for very long, about 10 months at the last guess, but I really enjoy this community but I have a feeling that what we see today on the forums is not what the original creators intended, I could be wrong so please stop reading here, but If I am right then please continue.

I am not speaking out as a member of a cult, I am just speaking out as a poster on your forums saying that the place is literally going to hell, and I believe it is up the people with the power. I.E Yourselves to make a decision on where they want this forum to go.

I hope even before you read this, if you indeed have that you had a plan in mind, be it a massive member cult or clamping down harder on the 'Trouble' makers.

I Implore you however to do something and fast, you have the foundations of a good site, good forum and good community however all them 3 are being lost due to the content on the forums.

So I ask you now "What do you really want N-Europe to be percieved as?"

Is it what you percieved it as?

If not, what are you going to do about it?

Wether the end result is me being banned, which by my own admittance I would probably expect soon but I , at least you done something and I will respect and honour your decision, because as I said it's down to what you intend the forum to be percieved as.

If you percieved this forum to be friendly, then that is most deffinatly what it is not.

Yours Faithfully

Antony Shimmin

Email: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

I've noticed arguments but I saw some when I joined and some throughout my time here so far. Not long I know, but still there will always be trouble.

I think the forum is adequate. But if the mods/admins fancy a change, I would like to say..

please don't kick me out.. this is all i have left :'( :p

A new rule in the rate the above posters signature/avatar threads that when someone dosen't rate someone's sig the next poster (if they're going to give a rating) should rate the last person who gave a rating' signature/avatar. Would be a good idea.

Guest dynastygal
I don't really get this "decline" in the forums of late....I haven't really noticed anything....except maybe the controversy over Rok's pics.

Well, this place is certainly more stable than the Official Playstation forums. That place has arguments everyday, as well as spam most weeks.

So I don't think people really need to worry about these forums, just thank your lucky stars it's not like others that are down in the gutter.

Well, this place is certainly more stable than the Official Playstation forums. That place has arguments everyday, as well as spam most weeks.

So I don't think people really need to worry about these forums, just thank your lucky stars it's not like others that are down in the gutter.

It's more that it suddenly went downhill in the last week or so. But don't worry, admins are on the case. :wink:

It's more that it suddenly went downhill in the last week or so. But don't worry, admins are on the case. :wink:

The admins, making the streets of NEurope safe to walk again! :yay:

I'd love to see what the wizards talk about behind the curtain. :heh:

National Should also be International.

I'll give you that.

Could you please fix this abomination of the English language?

"The little console that could seems to have become a national craze" does not make any sense at all. At the moment we have "The little console" followed by a subordinate clause, "the little console" not constituting a clause (we need subject, verb, object) and, in the subordinate clause, we have "could seems to have become", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. It's also it's not its for the first its, and there's supposed to be a comma after "ones".

The only alteration necessary is to remove the "that could"... it's just a typo really.

Am I the only person who has heard of the little toaster that could?

Geez, I may have forgotten about clauses and all that as I haven't done English Language (in the studying sense of the word) for years but you need to learn pop culture. Far more necessary.

I'll change it anywho.

If a significant sum of money magically appears in my PayPal account something may appear in your PM inbox.

Ahh, money....I remember I used to have some! :heh:

Can't we just ban everyone except me? The forums would be awesome.

I loled! But who would be your mod?! :hehe: