Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Hmm, to be honest, I feel it would be a bit wrong to ban or delete the people who haven't posted. For one thing, it gives you a good indication of how popular the site is. About 40 or so people joined the site for the Mario Strikers tournament alone, about 20 have joined in the last week or so. It gives you a good idea of how well the site is doing.

I think Cube-Europe had about 10,000 or something members? Well, we're a third of the way there, so it's good to keep a comparison with the then and now. Not only that, but they're effectively "members" of this place, and they're showing their support by signing up.

Hmm, to be honest, I feel it would be a bit wrong to ban or delete the people who haven't posted. For one thing, it gives you a good indication of how popular the site is. About 40 or so people joined the site for the Mario Strikers tournament alone, about 20 have joined in the last week or so. It gives you a good idea of how well the site is doing.

I think Cube-Europe had about 10,000 or something members? Well, we're a third of the way there, so it's good to keep a comparison with the then and now. Not only that, but they're effectively "members" of this place, and they're showing their support by signing up.

No. Signing up is easy. It's the posting which will show their true support.

actually he has a point

most people who don't use n-e regularly (i mean the main site and blog ect not just the forum) don't register so the member list of the forum is kinda like the member list for the site.

speaking of sections of the main site how come there hasn't been a podcast for a while

speaking of sections of the main site how come there hasn't been a podcast for a while

It's been the exam period here, so everyone, Uni students downwards, has been revising. I reckon they'll be one soon.

Talking of the podcast, is it staff only, or are (well established) forumites allowed on?

We've argued about this before... I reckon they should be bigger, but only say, 25kKB. 30 or 40 is a bit much.

And I proved, with pictures, that it doesn't need to be that big. Just use photoshop (or similar) to decrease file size. It takes a very fine eye to notice the difference.

Here's a suggestion from someone who visits the site (not the forum though) a few times a day.

remove the banner with the soundproducing smileys or what not. seriously. "hey," and "helloooo" and "oh my god" and "no waaay" everytime i change frames or tabs on safari or what not the smileys make some fucking noise. It vexes me. Not to the point that I would concider staying away from the site, but I do tend to curse at the fuckers. as proven right now.

Or at least have some giant red button next to the banner that says "click here, and shut these fucking smileys the fuck up! forever! cookie based silence!"

smileys should be asci or non-existent. this sound-thing is a negative evolution. so what's next, some asshole types a smiley on the north pole and there's snowflakes on my keyboard.

oh, and there's something else. why are reviews on games always released some months after the game comes out? so now there's this preview on resident evil 4 on the site. but the game is already out. so i'm guessing the review is written whenever the fuck.

thanks for listening.

Here's a suggestion from someone who visits the site (not the forum though) a few times a day.

remove the banner with the soundproducing smileys or what not. seriously. "hey," and "helloooo" and "oh my god" and "no waaay" everytime i change frames or tabs on safari or what not the smileys make some fucking noise. It vexes me. Not to the point that I would concider staying away from the site, but I do tend to curse at the fuckers. as proven right now.

Or at least have some giant red button next to the banner that says "click here, and shut these fucking smileys the fuck up! forever! cookie based silence!"

smileys should be asci or non-existent. this sound-thing is a negative evolution. so what's next, some asshole types a smiley on the north pole and there's snowflakes on my keyboard.

oh, and there's something else. why are reviews on games always released some months after the game comes out? so now there's this preview on resident evil 4 on the site. but the game is already out. so i'm guessing the review is written whenever the fuck.

thanks for listening.

1) The advertising company we use decides on the banners, not us.

2) We're working on that but as it stands are (p)reviewing team is undergoing a lot of changes.

We've argued about this before... I reckon they should be bigger, but only say, 25kKB. 30 or 40 is a bit much.

Yea I was pushing it! :heh:

;492665]And I proved' date=' with pictures, that it doesn't need to be that big. Just use photoshop (or similar) to decrease file size. It takes a very fine eye to notice the difference.[/quote']

I was trying with photoshop and I couldn't really get it down without it being blurry. The one I have is the best I could do and I'm happy with it....I was just checking though! : peace:

Yea I was pushing it! :heh:

I was trying with photoshop and I couldn't really get it down without it being blurry. The one I have is the best I could do and I'm happy with it....I was just checking though! : peace:

File>Save For Web.

Use the scrolling quality selecting thing.

thats the other problem

this is my original avatar

ssbbav.png

the vBuliten system always screws up the transparency

how do i save the image so it dosent do this

also you need to ban chuck from the mac thread as he keeps coming in just to make trouble

No clue, It should work fine. Of course the jagged edges are there b'cos it's a .gif. Since .png is too large for these forums and .gif has the rough edge the best best is to go for the "transparent look" and use the following:

ssbbavcopyfh4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get a heading for the DS Wi-Fi Friend Codes for the profile under each users avatar?

At the moment it looks like this...

captureqz9.gif

I know it's nothing much but it just kinda makes it look like you've randomly shoved it in there, if it just said "DS Friend Code:" or something similar like it has for the Wii code or Xbox Live then it would look a lot better.