Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nothing To Do

Ashley

For the first time in a long time I feel alive I have nothing to do. With uni pretty much finishing yesterday (only a few shows left to host but no work to do) I've got nothing going on at the moment.

I've applied for a job and shall do some NE stuff later but other than that I've had sod all to do today. Been ages since I've had a day like this (I don't feel like I've had one like this so far this year).

Anyway what do you do on days when you have no plans or things that need to get done?

I don't like spreadsheets and ReZ ruined my love for Mafia :heh:

I wasn't looking for suggestions as to what to do. There's stuff I need to do but there's not that urgency that pushes me to do it now. I'm enjoying a weekend off to be frank. Its been months.

I feel the same! Since my school stuff finished Thursday, I've mostly been catching up on my games. Started Lost Winds 2, finished Last Window, currently going through Layton 2.

And been watching some films on tv.

Tried drawing too but that failed heh.

It's nice to finally be able to do stuff I want though, without the pressure of school deadlines. I better enjoy it while it lasts heh. =)

Just chill, meditate, take a walk outside and wander off to somewhere you haven't been before, or take a really long bath. Just because you can. I felt so disoriented after I completely my final week at uni. I tried to sleep all day just for fun, but failed.

You meditate? What kind of meditation do you do? :)

What do I do? Anything that feels awesome and interesting! I.e. go out walking, sit by the lake, run, write a blog, make a video review, record a song, listen to vg music, play a game, hum / sing, think about my next step of personal development, browse the internetskies, play some beach volley etc etc. I mean there are so many interesting things out there...and so many creative ideas that I'm always lagging behind in making them all happen! :D

You meditate? What kind of meditation do you do? :)

Oh no, I don't do any specific/formal meditation, I just sit quietly and take the time to explore some thought patterns :) I've read a few articles and blog posts about the benefits of meditation, and it sounds interesting, but not really for me. I've wanted to try a proper vipassanā course (sit and meditate in a retreat/summer camp-type environment for the whole day, for 10 days, without going crazy) ever since I read about it. Though I guess I was like...11 or something, and it sounded slightly fairytale-ish, that's where the appeal came from :p And it also sounds like a challenge that Courage Wolf would accept...

Do you meditate?

I don't like spreadsheets and ReZ ruined my love for Mafia :heh:

Pffffffffft. I admit you did get a shit role actually. But largely you get out what you put into them....so neuuurrggh. :p

Besides my Pokemafia's are amazing now. The last one garnered such comments as "Amazing" "Thoroughly enjoyable" and "One of my favourite mafias"

I don't know. I don't like being tethered into it. I went away for an evening and got accused of all sorts simply because I wasn't responding. :p

Yeah I can understand that. It definitely does require some time to be put in.

FYI for any mafia players wondering, this was Ashley's role (on reflection I should have given something less passive. But meh, it was my first mafia anyway)

Gyrados – Gyrados instills fear. Gyrados cannot be lynched or killed in the day phase, and in the night phase it takes two attempts to kill him for him to be fully vanquished. (Brute) ~Townie~

I've massively started watching yogscast, re-watching House, supernatural.

I don't really get much spare time now, working four nights a week (10pm tues til 8am sat) I tend to be using my spare time sleeping!

Either that or I'm carting people around in the car :P.

Definitely a pressing issue in the past week. My exams are done. I've spent, essentially, the last 8 months studying every night. Really. So I am a little bit like...hmm...

I have 3 things I do though. Recycle, reclycle. I work on all my paintings & create new ones. I read books. I catch up on the DS. I'm trying oh so hard to stop searching the Internet as much but my iPod makes it too damn easy! :(

I have gone out clubbing twice though :) I've decided I'm gonna actually be a teenager, a typical one, for a change. I'm getting by. 2/3 friends have become my world.

O!! I also think...too much.

I anticipate 3 months of having nothing to do this summer. That's why I'm going to spend the majority of it in London living in a squat, taking up reading (proper books) and taking up a yet-undecided pastime.

The theme tune to my life will be the "dum-dum-da-da-da/dum-dum-da-daa-da" from Lady GaGa's Bloody Mary.

Lining my nest for when I inevitably get a third and become a Carol Vordermann-esque figure. Need to become failed Tom Ford alcoholic Amen Fashion wear out my vision sex junkie euphoric love life thrü boredom Madre Monstër Lily Of The Valley / Rose of Sharon.

Sucks when you have plenty to do - books, music, films, games - but none of it quite appeals, or when you've had a heavy and stressful stretch of time and then you simply don't know what to do with yourself (and before you know it, you're stressed out and busy again!)...

(Personally I'll start a few games against randomers on chess.com)

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

Sucks when you have plenty to do - books, music, films, games - but none of it quite appeals, or when you've had a heavy and stressful stretch of time and then you simply don't know what to do with yourself (and before you know it, you're stressed out and busy again!)...

(Personally I'll start a few games against randomers on chess.com)

Yes! I have spare time and I will get round to reading/playing eventually but right now not sure what to do. Once I get home I plan to start cycling again if the weather is good.

Wasn't that the one with the twist everyone hated so much? :heh:

Noooo, that was number 7, and....not everyone hated the twist, some just felt it wasn't entirely fair but they should have just dealt with it. I think the majority thoroughly enjoyed it. And Dannyboy wanted to murder me, but I got the impression he couldn't help but grin/grin with evil intentions towards me. (Trust No One)

Non mafia people; Dannyboy and Chairdriver were partners (Kakuna and Metapod) and I told both of them that the other person was evil, when neither of them were.

Metapod (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Metapod shares a special bond with

Kakuna. You can talk freely with Kakuna outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Choose a target at night, and you will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted. Metapod cannot be protected and if Metapod is targetted to be Silenced (type attacks), Metapod will be killed instead. If Kakuna is killed or lynched Metapod will evolve. (Trust No One Secret Role Information - Kakuna is secretly a member of the mafia. You cannot reveal that you know this and you are not permitted to vote for Kakuna. Secret Ability - Messenger Once in the game you can target a player in the night phase. I will send them a secret message stating that Kakuna is in the mafia. They will not be told who Kakuna is.) (Trust No One Unbeknownst Role Information - Kakuna is not a member of the mafia.)

Kakuna (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Kakuna shares a special bond with Metapod. You can talk freely with Metapod outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Choose a target at night, and you will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted. Kakuna cannot be protected and if Kakuna is targetted to be Silenced (type attacks), Kakuna will be killed instead. If Metapod is killed or lynched Kakuna will evolve. (Trust No One Secret Role Information - Metapod is secretly a member of the mafia. You cannot reveal that you know this and you are not permitted to vote for Metapod. Secret Ability - Messenger Once in the game you can target a player in the night phase. I will send them a secret message stating that Metapod is in the mafia. They will not be told who Metapod is.) (Trust No One Unbeknownst Role Information - Metapod is not a member of the mafia.)

Edited by ReZourceman

I sort of hate the fact that in the past year, in which I've only had two small jobs that gave me lots and lots of free time, I was still too lazy to do most of all the stuff I had planned when I was still in school. I guess I just function best at a slow pace. :heh:

Noooo, that was number 7, and....not everyone hated the twist, some just felt it wasn't entirely fair but they should have just dealt with it. I think the majority thoroughly enjoyed it. And Dannyboy wanted to murder me, but I got the impression he couldn't help but grin/grin with evil intentions towards me. (Trust No One)

Non mafia people; Dannyboy and Chairdriver were partners (Kakuna and Metapod) and I told both of them that the other person was evil, when neither of them were.

I admit it was a clever idea, but we disagreed a lot about the fairness of the concept. :heh: I think I've shared my thoughts on the matter with you plenty of times. ;)

I go running every weekday (Monday to Friday), do weight training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and walk into town and back to get StreetPasses on Monday and Friday (although I might change that to Saturday), which is quite a few miles.

The only day I genuinely have nothing to do is Sunday, so I do washing. Still go for an evening stroll though, get my Play Coins on the 3DS!

Personally, I think people need to go out every day, certainly in the earlier parts of the day. With so much on the internet and so many games nowadays, I can't imagine being bored in the evenings (I'm usually at work anyway).

So basically, exercise/walking in the daytime, work or games/internet in the evening. I haven't been bored for decades.

Oh no, I don't do any specific/formal meditation, I just sit quietly and take the time to explore some thought patterns :) I've read a few articles and blog posts about the benefits of meditation, and it sounds interesting, but not really for me. I've wanted to try a proper vipassanā course (sit and meditate in a retreat/summer camp-type environment for the whole day, for 10 days, without going crazy) ever since I read about it. Though I guess I was like...11 or something, and it sounded slightly fairytale-ish, that's where the appeal came from :p And it also sounds like a challenge that Courage Wolf would accept...

Do you meditate?

Ah, ok. So you say it's not for you, and yet you're interested? How come? :D

*googles Courage Wolf*

8342473.jpg

That is friggin'...awesome! xD

I don't meditate regularly at the moment, though I do have interest in finding out how far you can really take it...just like you said, going full throttle for a month or two etc. I did some daily ashtanga yoga for 2½ years, that's like meditation in movement really...still, I have to say that the best silence / concentration comes when you're absolutely still. The daily ashtanga routine did purge my neurotic thinking, so I'm wondering what the next benefit of meditation might be...thus far I've only reached a place where the mind becomes totally quiet, though only for a short period. Just letting go of everything in your mind, that's awesomely liberating... :)

Hmm, now that I wrote that, I do wanna test it right away, before going to sleep...

I've only done one meditation retreat, 4 days, and one yoga retreat, 10 days. Also some experiments by myself...Still, it's interesting, I find that the most pressing matter in regard to my current state of development is being active, i.e. introspection and thinking, and not so much calming the mind. I want to open every possible avenue of energy in my body and mind, and action is the way to go :) Self-expression, creativity, being social, letting the energy explode outwards...

Ah, ok. So you say it's not for you, and yet you're interested? How come? :D

*googles Courage Wolf*

8342473.jpg

That is friggin'...awesome! xD

Because the vipassanā course is a challenge issued to me by my younger self! I can't ignore something like that :p And I'd like to experience "proper" meditation at least once. Not particularly interested, but want to know what it's like :) Yoga is something I'd like to try at least once too, but I really don't think it's for me...I'd rather martial arts or something. I'm really impatient and would rather learn how to roundhouse kick someone than contort my body :grin:

This one is my all-time favourite (true for so many people in my class, including me):

tumblr_ljtbvtUHFm1qgr3b3o1_500.jpg

The theme tune to my life will be the "dum-dum-da-da-da/dum-dum-da-daa-da" from Lady GaGa's Bloody Mary.

Lining my nest for when I inevitably get a third and become a Carol Vordermann-esque figure. Need to become failed Tom Ford alcoholic Amen Fashion wear out my vision sex junkie euphoric love life thrü boredom Madre Monstër Lily Of The Valley / Rose of Sharon.

Hear a woman singin'/Here's a woman singin'.