NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Tramkicker Coleslaw does have a ring to it.

Well my Dad is Bruce Lee and apparently drives a JCB.

My real name's Luke for those who don't already know.

As expected, today was a tiny bit awkward between me and her. Not massively that it makes a difference or anything. I was normal and all okay as was she but she seemed a bit "..." or something, I don't know. I was also wondering what everybody's take on age gap relationships are. I've found out that the girl I asked was 17, not 18 as I thought she were and I'm 21, what do people think about that?

The person I'm interested in is 4 years older than I am. My mother's partner is 10 years younger than she is. Age ain' nothin' but a thing.

As expected, today was a tiny bit awkward between me and her. Not massively that it makes a difference or anything. I was normal and all okay as was she but she seemed a bit "..." or something, I don't know. I was also wondering what everybody's take on age gap relationships are. I've found out that the girl I asked was 17, not 18 as I thought she were and I'm 21, what do people think about that?

It takes time...everyone reacts differently. Just keep being normal and make it easy for her :) Or maybe she just hates you now :heh: (jk)

I've never experienced any weird age gap, so idk. I consider personality a better indicator of maturity than age, I think.

The person I'm interested in is 4 years older than I am. My mother's partner is 10 years younger than she is. Age ain' nothin' but a thing.

Thank you. I'm so tired of hearing that old "half her age plus 7" or whatever it is. It's so arbitrary and pointless.

I consider personality a better indicator of maturity than age, I think.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Partly agree because I'm commonly subjected to ageism for my youth. Plus, I usually make friends who are much older than myself. It's maturity, not age that matters :rolleyes:

Age isn't a big thing IMO, unless the gap is massive.

And anyway I was once told that girls prefer an older man! ;) (I think that comes from that apparantly girls mature faster than boys etc) What I was told when I was at school anyway, ha.

Except it can be annoying to have an age gap. I was seeing a guy this year (it's kinda fizzled out) who's 26. Ended up with him always talking about his interesting experiences in Japan/USA/wherever (not out of him boasting / turning the conversation around onto himself, just that's the way the cookie crumbles) and I, not having had time in my life to do anything like that, couldn't really add anything as interesting. It often turned into what I called "story time" where he'd talk about accelerating particles in Japan for an hour and I'd sit dreamy eye'd.

But yeah, that's possible more to do with the fact he was really interesting, and I'm not...

I would say age is important under the right circumstances. For example, if you're a 21 year old man dating or in a relationship with a 31year old woman, you are at different points in your life. You might be at university, or starting a career, whereas she might be thinking about settling down and having kids.

My housemate is 24 and is in a relationship with a man 10 years older. She has applied to go to university in September, whereas he is talking to her about starting a family within the next few years. :heh:

A 21-17 age gap isn't important, really. But a 21-31 or something can be. It really depends on the circumstances. Dating someone a couple of years (or so) younger or older than you isn't going to make the world of difference since you'll still be at relatively similar points in your life.

I would say age is important under the right circumstances. For example, if you're a 21 year old man dating or in a relationship with a 31year old woman, you are at different points in your life. You might be at university, or starting a career, whereas she might be thinking about settling down and having kids.

My housemate is 24 and is in a relationship with a man 10 years older. She has applied to go to university in September, whereas he is talking to her about starting a family within the next few years. :heh:

A 21-17 age gap isn't important, really. But a 21-31 or something can be. It really depends on the circumstances. Dating someone a couple of years (or so) younger or older than you isn't going to make the world of difference since you'll still be at relatively similar points in your life.

Basically, this. It's all down to where you are in your life and what you want out of a relationship. When you get older it becomes less about 'we both like each other' and more about 'Do we want the same things?'.

Of course age can matter, but only ever indirectly. It's not the age difference that matters, it's the difference in maturity, life experience, personality, and those things can vary wildly depending on the person. It's not something that's calculable through some simple, mathematical formula.

Age doesn't matter at all.

There's a woman at work who is 30, but all the guys at work are pretty much in love with her. Some are as young as 19. Hotness is hotness, regardless of age. Plus she's pretty God damn classy, which seems an added bonus of a more mature woman.

But like people have said, maturity is more important. I think once someone gets to a certain maturity, age is irrelevant.

My work is full of lovely ladies this season. Even more so than usual. Good times.

Edited by Goafer

Of course age can matter, but only ever indirectly. It's not the age difference that matters, it's the difference in maturity, life experience, personality, and those things can vary wildly depending on the person. It's not something that's calculable through some simple, mathematical formula.

Yeah but all that goes in the pan when she's got a smokin rack.

Yeah but all that goes in the pan when she's got a smokin rack.

Thanked for clarity of expression. :heh:

My work is full of lovely ladies this season. Even more so than usual. Good times.

That's one of the negatives I find about working in a small company. The only "ladies" here is a 40-year old with husband and kids and a 16-year-old.

That's one of the negatives I find about working in a small company. The only "ladies" here is a 40-year old with husband and kids and a 16-year-old.

A 16 year old? :bouncy: