NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

My god, talking to a girl and directly asking her out actually works?!

(I am fully aware of the hypocrisy of this post.)

Not the asking out in particular that I'm surprised about, its more the "I made a decision that I'm going to do this and then actually did". The fact that it was successful is baffling in an entirely different way.

That you Moria mate? Loved your posts dude!

No idea how you remember be, but thanks anyway!

For those of you who've been keeping up on my posts, I've had a 'mare. Away in France skiing at the moment with the girl I like and a few others. Thought I'd e in there as I have been before. But she's seeing someone pretty seriously. Gutted.com.

Pulled some other random the night befœe last rift in front of her though so that can obly work in my favour!

"Dear N-E. Today I went to the airport to pick up my boyfriend. The end."

I'm sure it'll be more exciting when you tell it, though!

Short story: we've been talking online for 9 months, and Skyping for 6 months as he lives halfway across the world. On Monday, he flew here to see me. This is a pathetic summary but basically we both have magical intuition or something, because everything is amazing - at least compared to 6 months of persistence, distance, money, effort, unreliable technology/postal system, planning (and more). And also not being able to tell anyone because meeting people from the Internet leads to getting kidnapped and murdered, etc.

Now he is at my home and playing Wii Sports with my little brother :D

After he leaves again on Monday, who will hold me when the bus swerves? :cry:

After he leaves again on Monday, who will hold me when the bus swerves? :cry:

Whoever you're sitting next to!

That's nice about your boyfriend, though. I had no idea you'd met him online. :smile:

Try not to get kidnapped and/or murdered.

So hang on, is this the first time you've met him in person?

It's just you've been talking about your boyfriend for a while.

Whoever you're sitting next to!

That's nice about your boyfriend, though. I had no idea you'd met him online. :smile:

Try not to get kidnapped and/or murdered.

Is that what you do in Sweden? Get strangers to hold you on the bus? :p

Thanks. Wait...why is he coming at me with a...murder implement??

So hang on, is this the first time you've met him in person?

It's just you've been talking about your boyfriend for a while.

Yeah, there was a huge amount of uncertainty involved, so I didn't like to go into specifics or parade it around too much in case everything blew up. But we powered through and are now together, so :) Obviously there was something like "luck" involved, I don't think it's normal/common to begin talking to someone online and be like "this dude is legit" and start planning flights and stuff (do not recommend in general), but it's not an impossibility.

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Is that what you do in Sweden? Get strangers to hold you on the bus? :p

Hey, that was how my parents met!

Not really, but it would have been really funny if it were.

The worst words in the world to receive in a text: "it would be as friends"

How about "I used to be a guy"?

Not that I've ever had such a text of course...

Hey, sex is sex.

Well, I'm getting better. Managed to go up and dance with some girls last night (though my mates did throw me into it), but I didn't seal the deal and thus the dryspell continues.

I tried to take it further, but I just couldn't do it.

But it's no longer a matter of if it will end, but when

Edited by Serebii

What exactly are you looking for in a Club @Serebii?

So you're dancing with a random bunch of girls and you say you tried to take it further... it what respect?... are you looking to get one of these random dancefloor girls numbers and take it further in terms of a girl you'd see again... or are you looking to cop off with one of them there and then? (because in a drunken state those often aren't that difficult to find!)

If you're actively out there looking for a girl you'd like to date... you're best looking in other places/earlier in the night than a bunch of girls you've been thrown into!

What exactly are you looking for in a Club @Serebii?

So you're dancing with a random bunch of girls and you say you tried to take it further... it what respect?... are you looking to get one of these random dancefloor girls numbers and take it further in terms of a girl you'd see again... or are you looking to cop off with one of them there and then? (because in a drunken state those often aren't that difficult to find!)

If you're actively out there looking for a girl you'd like to date... you're best looking in other places/earlier in the night than a bunch of girls you've been thrown into!

At the moment, I just want to kill this dry spell

At the moment, I just want to kill this dry spell

So you want to take a random girl home from a nightclub.

Did you kiss any of these girls last night? That's the first step, then what I call the isolation stage follows next. Get her away from her mates so they can't cockblock you. Going to the bar is a good one, or out for a smoke if she does, or going "somewhere quieter so we can talk".

Occasionally you do just get the girl who will ask you if you want to come back to hers and that's your job done! You need to find a special girl for that though!

So you want to take a random girl home from a nightclub.

Did you kiss any of these girls last night? That's the first step, then what I call the isolation stage follows next. Get her away from her mates so they can't cockblock you. Going to the bar is a good one, or out for a smoke if she does, or going "somewhere quieter so we can talk".

Occasionally you do just get the girl who will ask you if you want to come back to hers and that's your job done! You need to find a special girl for that though!

Nope, I didn't. I could have easily, but that was part of my freezing up :/

Kissing is actually part of the dry spell. 5 years with no intimate contact of any kind. If I did kiss them, I'd consider my dry spell over

Thanks for the advice though...I'm making gradual progress, just hope I don't have to wait months for my next night out.

Edited by Serebii

That's the first step, then what I call the isolation stage follows next.

7 months until I see my love again :cry:

That emoticon is literal because I cried my eyes out in the airport bathrooms after he called out "I love you" and disappeared through the screen to the departure gates.

Now I am wearing his warm jacket and waiting for him to land (tonight) and call. I feel ridiculous for being so sad right now, when I've been blessed with him. Oh well. COUPLE PICTURE TIME!

IMG_0237.jpg

Schadenfreude thanked. :heh:

Don't worry, seven months isn't that long. And two of those months will be summer months, and those are always shorter than regular months.

The 2nd & 3rd line just slayed me. I mean...how adorable is that? How often do people find love like that? I hope you're doing OK. Keep your spirit in place, sorry I couldn't get to meet up with ye and meet your boyfriend!

*virtual hug*

Where does your boyfriend actually live, Eddie? I hope it works out for you, I really do. But that amount of time, with a very new relationship, while you're both young? My money is on you never seeing him again.

Where does your boyfriend actually live' date=' Eddie? I hope it works out for you, I really do. But that amount of time, with a very new relationship, while you're both young? My money is on you never seeing him again.[/quote']

That's a bit harsh... and how do you know?

I was in a similar relationship a few years ago. He lived in the US, we saw each other twice a year. We ended up being together for a bit over three years (in a relationship, we knew each other even longer). It can work if you make it work.

Obviously I don't know, and yes it may sound a little harsh, but it's also the reality of the situation.

I've known a few very close friends have long distance things, and I've done it myself. From what I've seen you just end up with a couple of months relationship (the amount of time you actually spend together) stretched over a few years (the amount of time you're in a relationship). From what I've seen I just don't think they work, especially when you're young, and especially when it's new.