Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

Started work on the café this evening, heading to the island to get funds as I want it open ASAP!

Placed it close to my house so I can go straight there before starting my daily tasks, even though in real life I prefer tea over coffee, which got me thinking of an idea where after drinking so many coffees in the café Brewster could expand his menu and introduce tea as a drink which could be served by his sister and they could work together and you could have one cup of each drink per day... this idea totally sounds crazy but trust me, in my head it looks awesome! Plus it follows the family business theme in the game. Shame they didn't think about anything like this.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rummy - I'm just cutting down none fruit trees and replacing them with fruit trees in a designated tree area. Pisses me off having to dodge between forests to get around. Like it nice and open. But apparently my villagers don't. As for flowers kinda same thing, moved them all to one spot and ordered them about for special colour variants of them. Again like trees just don't like them scattered around randomly.

Some of my fruit trees have stopped bearing fruit, so will have to chop them down and replace, will probably try to tidy them up while I'm at it! Have little orchards of apples, cherries (my native) around the main square. Get my town looking great!

I'm personally a little bored of watering flowers, so I think i'm going to have to move them all to designated spots to make it easier to do them all quickly.

Oh, and I have Katie the cat visiting! Who wants her?!?!?

With all the quality and worthwhile town planning things you can build, such as a police station, the museum upgrades etc...I couldn't resisit and have put up Lloid the gyroid to collect for a Pyramid. 698,000 bells. Ridiculous!

The tower got suggested today at 728,000 seems a bit extravagant for now but one day, one day...

One of my villagers is well out tonight! I'm feeling a little gutted as I basically told him to knob off earlier in the day when he said he was moving, now I wish I could make him stay :(

I had Graham the hamster leave. He wasn't an original resident so I said sure leave. Now his replacement is bubbles the hippo who I hate! Come back Graham all is forgiven!

Pyramid AND tower? Good lord, I'd never heard of any of these. Is there even enough room on the map for this lot...? I have decided on a spot for the lighthouse though, when they alert me to its existence, that is.

I may have to set my ordinance from beauty to night owl. The way my day is set up, by the time I go money hunting and get back, Nook is shut (so I can't pay and get the next upgrade for the day after) or Re-Tail is shut so I can't convert my stuff to bells and pay ANYTHING off. What should be taking a day is taking two days because of having to wait for everything to reopen.

Also, my bro actually kicked someone out. God, I feel guilty of even thinking of kicking anyone out of my game. Even the ones I initially thought WTF for have grown on me. I can actual see ALL my favorites deciding to leave and being unable to stop them.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Yeah I'd want a pyramid or a tower as well. Apparently I'm not that lucky, as one of my villagers just suggested we build Stonehenge in the town. Yes, STONE. FRIGGIN. HENGE.

My villagers are clearly insane.

Posted in February...

Are all Animal Crossing games like the one shown yesterday? If so I have to say I'm amazed they're so popular, especially with blokes, and anyone over the age of 8. What's the fascination?

How wrong I was ::shrug:

One of my villagers suggested to build a parabolic antenna...

200px-PWP-Parabolic_Antenna_model.png

I am currently building it as I thought I needed to reach a certain number to unlock others, but now I guess that is not the case. Darnit. =P

Might just have to demolish it at some point if I don't like it/want something else!

How wrong I was ::shrug:

I thought you might like it because the gameplay is real-time and some of it actually takes skill (I believe you don't like turn-based RPGs). You need fast reactions for the fish, stealth for the bugs, and as for the tarantula and scorpion... well, it's not exactly fighting the Metroid Prime, but it's still tense!

Speaking of which, I caught a scorpion last night, so that's all the fish, bugs and diving objects that have been available in June/July. I've also maximised my house (just paying off the final loan).

Although I love this game, I'll be honest, it took over my life just a bit too much for a while there! It's my own fault for wanting to do it quickly, but I'm looking forward to it being more leisurely from now on.

Speaking of which, I caught a scorpion last night, so that's all the fish, bugs and diving objects that have been available in June/July.
I saw a scorpion for the first time last night. Hit the D-Pad to get my bug net out, and the bugger did a 180 and disappeared! :heh:

So yeah, that one's still on the list for me. :shakehead

In other AC news, I finally reached a HHA score of 150k+. Pretty good considering that I only have 2 completed furniture sets in my house. ;)

Have been managing to keep the perfect town status going too. :)

All going to plan I should have the Gold watering can by Saturday. :cool:

I saw a scorpion for the first time last night. Hit the D-Pad to get my bug net out, and the bugger did a 180 and disappeared! :heh:

So yeah, that one's still on the list for me. :shakehead

My 4th one was like that. It disappeared before I could do anything, but I caught the 5th. The key is definitely to enter "stealth mode" as soon as possible, then just freeze whenever it turns round. I don't really like capturing them, as they're likeable fellas!

In other AC news, I finally reached a HHA score of 150k+. Pretty good considering that I only have 2 completed furniture sets in my house. ;)

Amazing! I must be doing something wrong because my score is still 25,000. Don't have any complete sets, but have a lot of the Cabana stuff.

Damn it... I'm tempted to look at a guide now just so I don't flood my town with too many projects only to get one I REALLY want.

I'll put my FC up later, but I'd REALLY like to get some peaches (only fruit left for me). EVERYTHING is ripened in my game right now, including one leftover Perfect Cherry tree. So I'm open for trade.

I've spent way too much money. I managed to add two more rooms to my house, and then found out that, even though I didn't have the basement, I can now change the exterior. And the one I want was on sale today.

I need to do some island trips before Sunday.

@RedShell How many project do you have in your town? I have a gazillion already yet the villagers just keep on wankering about more and more...
Right now I believe I have 12, including the Café and Flower Clock, both of those were built after achieving perfect town status though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 10 public works is the required minimum amount in order to activate perfect status.

However, apparently some public works projects actually hinder the process! :shakehead

Can't remember where I read that now though, or which projects, but I think one of them is the Garbage Can. ::shrug:

Also, multiple of the same project can definitely count towards the 10, because I've got 3 yellow benches in my town. :smile:

Right now I believe I have 12, including the Café and Flower Clock, both of those were built after achieving perfect town status though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 10 public works is the required minimum amount in order to activate perfect status.

However, apparently some public works projects actually hinder the process! :shakehead

Can't remember where I read that now though, or which projects, but I think one of them is the Garbage Can. ::shrug:

Also, multiple of the same project can definitely count towards the 10, because I've got 3 yellow benches in my town. :smile:

Well crap-o-rama city. I was hesitant to build a pile of pipes because it was ugly and stupid, but did it anyway because I had nothing else new and I thought that surely it would contribute to the town rating like every other project. So chances are it's actually making things worse? Good grief what trolling...

Anyway, someone posted these negative items on gamefaqs, speculation only though:

- Picnic Sheet

- Traffic Light

- Illuminated Heart/Arch/Clock/Tower

- Garbage Can

- Big Monitor

- Oil Excavator

- Playground Tire

Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything trashy / mechanical / electronic makes the rating worse. A bit stupid if you ask me.

Well crap-o-rama city. I was hesitant to build a pile of pipes because it was ugly and stupid, but did it anyway because I had nothing else new and I thought that surely it would contribute to the town rating like every other project. So chances are it's actually making things worse? Good grief what trolling...

Anyway, someone posted these negative items on gamefaqs, speculation only though:

- Picnic Sheet

- Traffic Light

- Illuminated Heart/Arch/Clock/Tower

- Garbage Can

- Big Monitor

- Oil Excavator

- Playground Tire

Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything trashy / mechanical / electronic makes the rating worse. A bit stupid if you ask me.

But I have illuminated arch at the bottom of a long red carpet and it looks the bomb! Every visitor to Pompey gets the VIP treatment

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!