N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

darksnowman

"Happy New Year!

Pic of the day. There will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. The 3DS trophies will be mainly from handhelds and the Wii U version will feature trophies from the home-console games."

Needless to say, today's site is very misleading...

Yeah it is, but that "Challenger approaching" banner was for Zelda.

Do you think having both versions will allow you to eventually have complete sets on both consoles? We've known since the game's announcement that there will be some sort of interaction between both versions.

Could this be one example of that interaction?

I suspect not. A lot of the models aren't custom built for the game (that would take far too long), so a lot of models brought from GameCube/Wii/Wii U games may not work on the 3DS.

You may be able to bring 3DS trophies into the Wii U version, though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GC-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG/

:)

Treats it like a classic controller, but still :)

Such a great product, but I wish it was just a little bit cheaper. Pro controllers have occasionally been £25 so it seems like a bad idea to settle for a third-party (ish) solution, one that requires batteries in the Wii Remote, for only £9 less.

Would be kinda cool if on that level only you could pick a second character (should you want) to tag in and out! :p

I've been saying this ever since Brawl was in development: a "tag team" system in Smash Bros could work really well. They could make it so each stage has a specific "tag spot" where you can make the switch.

Nice to see the King is back! HUP!

I've been saying this ever since Brawl was in development: a "tag team" system in Smash Bros could work really well. They could make it so each stage has a specific "tag spot" where you can make the switch.

Interesting idea. Would be cool if you could setup something like a 'team' of players akin to what the all star events/battles did - so your characters come out in the pre-selected order, moving onto the next when dead. Mixing up right in the middle of a match could be refreshing.