NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Hoping it's Roy, so he gets an Amiibo.

Or it's Ice Climbers (New 3DS/Wii U only).

Out of over 50 playable characters in Smash, all but three - ROB, Duck Hunt Duo, Bowser Jr - are essentially bipedal fighters. I'd like to see another radically different newcomer.

I had this idea earlier about how Balloon Fighter could work. His gimmick could be that he is essentially an airborne fighter - he's uselessly slow on his feet so you'd have to tap the jump button to fly him around the stage. The physics would be like in the original game, so you'd have to master the skill to control him effectively.

But meh, it'll be Ryu.

Rosalina and Mewtwo float. If Bowser Jr counts, they do too.

Neat idea, but it would ruin the implication that Villager IS the Balloon Fighter.

Selecting Balloon Fight on the Masterpieces Menu has Villager pop out a bit.

Edited by Glen-i

Neat idea, but it would ruin the implication that Villager IS the Balloon Fighter.

Selecting Balloon Fight on the Masterpieces Menu has Villager pop out a bit.

I do not accept this canon theory into my life.

Good day, sir.

Villager is Balloon Fighter?

Mind. Blown.

It's one of those quirky Smash things that may or may not become canon.

You know, Ganondorf having a sword. (He even does his side B in WW)

Charizard swimming in water. (Happens in Origins)

The Smash ability in Kirby.

Pit's design in Uprising. (Dark Pit is blatantly the black alt costume from Brawl)

That's a damaged file :(

That's weird, it works for me..

Try the reddit link (or watch the whole match)

It's incredible.

Oh yeah, I can see it now :) Using the footstool as part of a combo is mighty impressive, and so was the wall jump (which I hadn't seen in a long time).

Also, if the jab was blocked, does it still count as "whiffing"? I thought the term was used when the move doesn't hit at all.

You know, the full video of that is amazing.

We already know they are in the game but here's footage of the new characters...

What the frak. How has that leaked

Guess they ain't running as tight a ship as they used to.

Looking forward to trying out Ryu and having my Melee main back ( Roy ) is fantastic news.

These are the Classic Mode/All Star Mode ending videos, so obviously someone must have the DLC and recorded the video...

... Which probably means that someone in the media already has it to review... which means that the DLC is done and due to be released any time around now...

BTW: The end of Ryu's video shows a SF2 stage as well...

So how much will Ryu resemble the blatant Ryu clone that is Lucario in Project M? :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Japanese patch is already out :)

Japanese patch is already out :)

Oh Nintendo. Sometimes you baffle me. So tight with some things, yet you do boneheaded things like this and including the full ORAS data in the demo for people to extract.

If they're in the patch though, and have the videos, then maybe they're out tomorrow with Lucas??

Feel bad for Sakurai! :(

Not hugely bothered by these inusions, to be honest. We really didn't need yet another Fire Emblem Marth clone (I know there are differences between Marth, Ike, Lucina and Roy, but.. c'mon - enough is enough now...) and I get that it's a huge coup to have Ryu, but I've always been on the 'keep 3rd parties out of Smash' camp. Still, I'm exited to finally be able to get one of my Brawl mains, Lucas, tomorrow. :)

Unsurprising but welcome character additions. Hope there's something else announced tomorrow in addition to this stuff, I like my Direct surprises.

Let's just hope that they announce new characters beyond these two for release later this year, as per Lucas in the April Direct. That'd make the Smash presentation still be awesome, but it's unlikely.

I hope they have some interesting characters to announce. I have no interest in either of those.

Let's just hope that they announce new characters beyond these two for release later this year, as per Lucas in the April Direct. That'd make the Smash presentation still be awesome, but it's unlikely.

We've known for a few months that there are 5 additional character spaces in the game. One is for Roy and the other Ryu, so Lucas will be 3.

It's likely the other two will come out around Christmas and will be based around the online poll they did.

We've known for a few months that there are 5 additional character spaces in the game. One is for Roy and the other Ryu, so Lucas will be 3.

It's likely the other two will come out around Christmas and will be based around the online poll they did.

Who says that there are only to ever be 5? They can just edit the "spaces" with a patch. It's illogical to assume it's finite.

Who says that there are only to ever be 5? They can just edit the "spaces" with a patch. It's illogical to assume it's finite.

I never said there will only ever be 5? Stop putting words in my mouth.

The last patch added in 5 slots as well as leaking Ryu and Roy (this was back in Jan I think) - They could add more as time goes on no problem.

The Splatoon girl has been found as a trophy, FYI :)

WHELP!

Wowzers! :o

Looking forward to trying out Ryu
Same here. :)

Gonna be weird doing Hadoukens etc... without needing to do the half circle inputs though. :hehe: