NEurope
Ashley

Nintendo's Conference - Tuesday 7th 5pm/6pm

Just read this.

Big kick in the nuts if this is true.

Was to be expected I reckon. Upscaling can look very dodgy.

So, wonder what the Cafe thing was all about?

A code name

Kotaku has posted this about the specs.

•6.2" touchscreen on New Controller, running in non-HD resolution

Well that's utter turd.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/the-wiiu-nintendos-next-console/

better pictures there

i'm impressed,

i'm also laughing at all the trolls and idiots on Gamespot etc who, because nobody held up the new console (like the gamecube) think its just a controller for the wii. Its laughable really

And the people who are complaining its not the next gen are well odd.

games on the ps3/360 (now) look loads better than launch due to 5 years playing with them, and the wiiu seemed to have graphics the same as/better than what they are currently putting out now. so what will the wiiiu be like in 5 years?

some people are just haters

I laugh at the trolls on Gamespot, they know nothing.

And, yes. If that information is true, wow. Nintendo have finally caught up to the current gen.

Hmmm....

The Opening Zelda bit was awesome but the rest of it felt a little flat.

The 3DS games looked nice enough... though Mario left me a little disappointed though maybe I was expecting too much, or rather something different. MK looked fun and I actually might buy it - not personally owned one since Super Circuit. Kid Icarus still seems like a Sin and Punishment game and I'm still not sure what the Final Fantasy reject was doing in that clip.

And Wii U... not really sure about this one.

The video of the bird looked nice but then it's hardly representative of a game running in real time so it can always look nicer than an actual game.

The third party montage... well it was 360 ports...

EA had there banner up when John Riccitiello stood on stage but he could say there would be anything exclusive for the platform. He didn't pledge undying support for the thing. He said it was great controller and all but he's bound too. Yeah Peter Moore said how great it was but the EA Sports range always released on Wii anyway.

The controller looks like a lot of them mock-ups. I'd have preferred two analog sticks over circle pads and I wonder how much it weighs.

The smidge of Link fighting Armogohma in the Temple of Time looked fantastic but TP could have looked a lot better anyway had the graphics been tailored to the Wii so it's still tricky to gauge how much more powerful it is. Is it really more powerful than the current crop of consoles? That Tekken game (the only one that I thought was exclusive to the machine) looked... well it looked poor graphically and the rest of the games shown probably weren't running on the console. All those 3DS demos from last year are starting to hit as real games and they aren't looking as good as when first shown.

And the fact that they haven't got any legitimate games on the show floor, just tech demos, makes it sound like the Wii U is further off than the 3DS was when it was shown last year. Holiday '12 looks like the most reasonable release and it sounds like it's going to need that time if you want to see more than 6-8 month old ports of 360/PS3 games.

Couldn't help but get a bit of deja vu when Iwata announced Smash Bros like at E3 2005 - no one had begun work on it then and no one has begun work on this one now. Still, nice to know it's on the way.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I'm so unbelievably tired that I just can't seem to think about any of this properly :hmm: Hopefully I'll be able to study all of the information and the controller in better detail after I get some sleep and improve my current underwhelming feelings..

Any mention of DVD/BluRay support?

Nintendo isn't known for their willingness to pay licensing fees. In otherwords I wouldn't count on it.

Just read this.

Big kick in the nuts if this is true.

What are you talking about? Sub HD content is already unscaled by HDTVs. It technically has to be to view it on the entire screen.

If you're talking about rendering the content in HD (as was done with the dolphin emulator on the PC), It would have been nice, but I don't think it was really something anyone seriously expected. Its not the sort of thing Nintendo's ever been known to do.

Well that's utter turd.

Not really, even vita isn't HD. HD on a 6 inch screen is a bit overkill. There are limits to the detail your eye can make out.

I would probably expect the controller to have WVGA resolution.

If you're talking about rendering the content in HD (as was done with the dolphin emulator on the PC), It would have been nice, but I don't think it was really something anyone seriously expected. Its not the sort of thing Nintendo's ever been known to do.

I was hoping for this.

Reggie is up on GT now.

The EA guy in charge of Battlefield said the game looked amazing on the controller, so that's good enough for me!

From Engadget -

Speaking of HD, the fact sheet from Nintendo informs us that the Wii U can pump out 1080p video over HDMI. It'll also be compatible with component, S-video and composite cables. There'll be "internal flash memory" of unspecified quantity, which will be expandable via either an SD card or external USB HDD.

External hard drive? If you can use third party drives then FUCK YEAH.

Not really, even vita isn't HD. HD on a 6 inch screen is a bit overkill. There are limits to the detail your eye can make out.

Some people are going to use anything to have a bitch!

Yeah some people are really pissing me off. You don't like Nintendo and what you saw, fuck off then.

Nintendo are always innovators of how we see and play games, they bought in Motion controls. So both Microsoft and Sony bought in Motion controls, after seeing the success of the Wii. I can see both of these companies bringing in something similar to how the WiiU controller works, in time.

Reggie just said the Zelda video is representative of what a Zelda game could look like!

Yeh, I'm pretty sure Xbox360 games were pretty subpar in the graphics department, until Gears came out.

Did they specify how the online would work?
No, but it was made to sound like EA were behind it.

Yeah some people are really pissing me off. You don't like Nintendo and what you saw, fuck off then.

People express their disappointment in different ways.