N-Europe

Gametrailers 'Level'

Retro_Link

Gametrailers are doing a new feature where they take a look back at classic levels.

I did post the Twilight Princess one in that thread, but now there are others for games that don't have threads, thought I'd create one here, as they are great little videos.

SMB3: World 5-3

Twilight Princess: Snowpeak

Goldeneye: Facilty

Do-ak?? I always thought Doak rhymed with Oak.
Yeah I always pronounced it D-Oak.

I just accepted must be the American way of pronouncing it. :p

In Ocarina of Time I always pronounced Navi... Navy.

And have to put up with hearing most videos pronounce it Nav-ee.

Tbh I posted it here because the Gametrailers Pop Fiction thread is in here and seems to get a good response in here, that and games like Twilight Princess (and others they may cover) aren't Retro. Really it belongs in General Gaming, but we don't have that, nor would it really work... and also because I'm not sure how many people actually ever go in the Retro board.

The Twilight Princess video and Facility ones made me Roflcopter. Roflroflroflrofl. Like that. With the helicopter sound.

I played through that Snowpeak mansion recently. Its beautiful. We need more dungeons integrated into actual living environments. Like the Temple of Time, and to an extent the Arbiter's Ground. Which I didn't realise was a main dungeon until halfway through.

• 3 months later...

I played Future Perfect the other day. It's weird, it's like a version of Timesplitters 2 that has been made in a parallel dimension, by different developers. There are no significant improvements, only a bunch of stuff that's different for no adequate reason.

At least characters leave a line when they're picked. That's pretty cool.

So yeah, Timesplitters 2 is a classic, and probably the only FPS I've ever liked.

I really enjoyed Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube back when it came out, largely thanks to the obvious similarities with my then, and still, favourite FPS of all time, Goldeneye 007 :smile:

The first level was definitely the best in the game but I actually don't feel any great desire to go back to it now or, indeed, the rest of the game :hmm: I seem to have fallen out of love with it, unfortunately, and my complete lack of feelings towards Timesplitters: Future Perfect have only gone towards throwing even more water on that dwindling fire..

I played TimeSplitters 2 for the first time the year before last, in co-op with my brother. It was miles better than the first game, but it still wasn't all that good, to be honest. Maybe it was one of those "had to be there" kind of games. :hmm:

I can't speak for the multiplayer, though, so maybe that's what made the game so great and the only good thing about the single-player is that one level in the video.

I played TimeSplitters 2 for the first time the year before last, in co-op with my brother. It was miles better than the first game, but it still wasn't all that good, to be honest. Maybe it was one of those "had to be there" kind of games. :hmm:

I can't speak for the multiplayer, though, so maybe that's what made the game so great and the only good thing about the single-player is that one level in the video.

This is both correct and incorrect.

It is correct in everything you say. Multiplayer is awesome, but story mode is just meh (except for a few levels, like Syberia and Atomsmasher)

It is incorrect because single player also includes the Arcade mode, which has all sorts of fun, difficult challenges. They're the good part of the single player, but often overlooked because the story mode exists.

I played Future Perfect the other day. It's weird, it's like a version of Timesplitters 2 that has been made in a parallel dimension, by different developers. There are no significant improvements, only a bunch of stuff that's different for no adequate reason.

Future Perfect's story mode is really, really good.

But the multiplayer lacked Flame Tag.

Future Perfect's story mode is really, really good.

I don't really think so. It's incredibly easy, for one, and I don't like how it handles cutscenes and objectives, when compared to TS2.

But it's one of those things that are different for no apparent reason, like I mentioned. I wouldn't say it's worse, it's just not to my tastes.