Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

You seem to be mistaken. What we really want is Gentleman's mafia, I and II on the big screen.

*orgasms at thought*

I saw Super.

OMGz.

Is it good? (Well, it has Ellen Page in tights in it, so it's obviously good, but is it good?)

Wait.......................

........is Sucker Punch out?

OMG! 8th! Yesssssssss. Is there some kind of epic special edition mega Blu-Ray. I don't want to have to settle for normal Blu-Ray....

Click me.

Is the extended edition not shit?

No its good, I very much prefer it. :D There is like 18 minutes of new stuff. They put the Love is The Drug scene in the actual movie.

I put off watching it and viewed it with my friend who isla loved it. :grin:

Then again you do not like the original film, so this won't make it better for you. :smile:

Watched Red Eye today. Seen it a few times, but it's really enjoyable. Incredibly short (73 minutes!), but we lost our DVD of it months/years ago, only to discover my aunt had stolen it. So we now have it back. Memories of seeing it in the cinema with Chair, who burst out laughing uncontrollably at the "Hey!" *throws vase* bit.

It could definitely be meatier and better executed but both leads do well/I liked McAdams and Cillian Murphy is always good.

Well I snooped the ellen pag tag on Tumblr and everyone was losing their testicles over the thing. I don't even know if it's true, I was simply intrigued.

I wouldn't have said it was an immediately clear 'observation' (LOL at derogatory win) , maybe my gaydar needs a polish.

I'm not one of those people who obsesses over celebrities or desirables, I save that for those nice lasses in le real world. She is damn cute though, hence the gander session.

Edited by dwarf

Watched two Alcatraz films in the past 3 days.

Escape from Alcatraz - the Clint Eastwood 'classic'. Pretty good.

Murder in the First - Superb film. Christian Slater is so enjoyable to watch in this, and Kevin Bacon ain't half bad either.

I watched Super because people in this thread seemed to like it. It felt like a poor man's Kick-Ass. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. :blank:

I did like Ellen Page's character, though. She was the movie's only saving grace.

And then they killed her off.

In Bruges

MV5BMTY4OTYxODg4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcyNzM2MQ@@._V1._SX338_SY500_.jpg

Dark Comedy, very funny not at all what I was expecting but after the hype of everyone saying its brilliant it didn't meet my expectations. :)

Just Go With It

just_go_with_it_poster.jpg

I was surprised to see Nicole Kidman in this. Better than I thought it would be, not good and the ending was lame but some funny moments in there.

Limitless

Limitless_1.jpg

A silly but fun action thriller that never explores its interesting premise further than on the surface still entertaining enough and kept me hooked to the end which was a let down.

Hop!

hop_poster_2-535x792.jpg

Amusing. I really liked the CGI in this the bunny is so cute. Altogether an enjoyable childrens film that ended too quickly!

I wonder if the blue penis will be censored somehow for TV.

--

Just seen Never Let Me Go, finally. I liked it quite a bit. Very spare. It could have been filmed a bit more...interestingly. Or I guess 'artsy' with its shots. It was very heavy and affecting without ever treading into melodrama or dwelling on things. Which was good. Good, subdued performances from all involved. I love how Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley can convincingly play 18 and 28 year olds without changing their appearance much. Have the right faces.

Watched Faster earlier this evening and loved it. It was nice to see a film with little story but plenty action, just like the 80's action flicks. :D A standard tale of revenge with a little twist at the end made for some great Sunday afternoon watching. Plus, it had The Rock in which is always a win in my eyes. :)

Saw Super 8 last night. I enjoyed it, very cliche in places but the presentation and interest in the unknown kept it going. I love how there wasn't much direct screen time of the alien right until the end of the film, it really kept the suspense up not knowing what it was that was wreaking havoc.

Saw Super 8 last night. I enjoyed it, very cliche in places but the presentation and interest in the unknown kept it going. I love how there wasn't much direct screen time of the alien right until the end of the film, it really kept the suspense up not knowing what it was that was wreaking havoc.