Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

Apparently no one understands why he is in (and directed) Larry Crowne, considering he can be great, and will obviously have his absolute pick of anything Hollywood offers. (i.e Larry Crowne is supposed to be mediocre/bad)

He wanted to ride on a bike with Julia Roberts?

I'm assuming Hanks has just got mixed up with Toy Story shorts (which we already know are happening and one is attached to Cars 2) and the TV series/episodic/whatever thing confirmed a while ago.

I just got the Superman Bluray set and they have put the return to Krypton scene on the Superman Returns disc for the first time and its really good and it looks like it cost alot of money to do. I cant believe Singer cut it out and I cant believe they didnt add it back into the movie for this release. It was a damn good scene.

So Transformers sucked. Ironically very boring for me, and the one-liners made no sense... An autobot beat a decepticon and then said "Class is over". I had several examples I could rattle off earlier on but I forget them now... People shouted Optimus for no good reason too, when they weren't in trouble and they didn't want him for anything. What if he had turned around to see what they wanted? :p

I did like the other ones btw, this one was just very boring and had humans there too much of the time, with the autobots only turning up to catch them/ save them at the last second.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides passed $1billion dollars at the box office :s Only the 8th movie to do it and it will beat Dead Man's Chest too. Disney's most successful international(ie not U.S.) release ever, their third biggest of all time(soon to be 2nd), and their highest-grossing ever in China an Russia.

With all that I only knew it was out due to a youtube parody by TheLonelyIsland and several other parodies causing me to investigate why there were so many parodies. Saw it like 3 days before it left the cinema. Weird.

Oh I'm dying to see.

A friend of mine (with real taste) said it was awful, but I don't believe his lies/sometimes he doesn't like things I like.

It's had good/great reviews from what I've read, although some are saying that it does get a little too self involved and that you have to go into it with an open mind otherwise it'll be a trek.

I'm looking forward to it though. Seems to be on a limited release though, as it came out yesterday apparently and only a handful of Vue cinemas are showing it (haven't checked Odeon or others yet).

Oh I'm dying to see.

A friend of mine (with real taste) said it was awful, but I don't believe his lies/sometimes he doesn't like things I like.

I can see why people would not like it out of all the films my friend and I've seen we were like yeah the general public/a normal person would walk out of this. Trying to describe it to people they were already like..."nahhhh."

It can get self involved but I enjoyed that. It has a certain visual flare, it got me thinking about my life whilst still fully involved into the film. There is very little Dialogue or actual speaking interaction between the characters and leaves you or at least left me in this floaty state after the movie and this confused whim during the movie.

Go see it, it's at least an interesting experience. :)

Oh and yeah I had to watch it in London Cineworld just off Leichester Square because nowhere closer to me was showing it.

The Tree Of Life.. is...

It's so bitty. It's so untwisting. It's something you just ate. It was life. It was cosmically big, but minutaelly small. We are atoms. We are cosmic dust. We are love. We are God. We are my hair.

I feel like I just need to do a Kate Bush "aaahh fadgett about it!" scream/yelp, because it's too much, and I don't know what else to say. It triggered forgotten/repressed memories from my childhood, which was like being struck in the chest.

Yes.

---

I watched Dark Water as it was on TV. I loved bits. Aesthetically, it was stun. And nice editing/generally interesting to look at.

Could've been a realy compelling Black Swan-esque thing about this woman's psyche/mental health, but then ghosts have to ruin everything. (and children)

I love water. DARK water ('black' would be so definitive and obviously 'bad'. And the fact the aformentioned dark water is brown reminds one of filth and shit). When she realy tentatively opens the bathroom door in the flat above and goes "Oh. Oh god. Oh my god" at the overflowing things, it's so genuine. As when you think about it, to see a room with taps left on is so unsettling/uprooting. Like chaos/order/frak.

But yeah, I expected a really bad film (because at first I had it confused with Lady in the Water), but it was fine. Jennifer Connelly is always prime.

P.s it's not a horror movie. I hate marketing things as things they aren't.

It's my new. It just evokes the feeling of being chosen/being known as being above others of a potentially similar standard. Like a prime cut of beef.

And as a word reminds me of something suddenly turning silver and making a cliche "ching" noise as though someone just used a team stat-boosting power in X-Men Legends.

So I watched Summer Wars last night and although I enjoyed it I found it VERY similar to the Digimon Movie. Alot of the stuff seems ripped off, from the animation style in the digital world, the look of the enemy, heck even the way they beat it! I suppose it makes sense given it's the same guy who directed both movies, but still...

I've just did a quick look on google and apparently i'm not the only one who thinks this.

http://www.animevice.com/news/summer-wars-vs-digimon-our-war-game/5100/

I guess this got unnoticed by the mainstream media as the Digimon movie is about 10 years old and I guess many disregarded it because it's just Digimon. I personally love the movie. I seen it at the pics and bought the dvd on release day. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So I watched Summer Wars last night and although I enjoyed it I found it VERY similar to the Digimon Movie. Alot of the stuff seems ripped off, from the animation style in the digital world, the look of the enemy, heck even the way they beat it! I suppose it makes sense given it's the same guy who directed both movies, but still...

I've just did a quick look on google and apparently i'm not the only one who thinks this.

http://www.animevice.com/news/summer-wars-vs-digimon-our-war-game/5100/

I guess this got unnoticed by the mainstream media as the Digimon movie is about 10 years old and I guess many disregarded it because it's just Digimon. I personally love the movie. I seen it at the pics and bought the dvd on release day. :D

I also saw the Digimon movie at the pics :D. Brother had ice hockey training and I was ill so I went to see it to pass over the time until he finished. Remember quite liking it actually back then. Doubt I'd enjoy it now though.