N-Europe

Grand Theft Auto 5

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, people are banned from posting in this thread unless it's a new screenshot, video or a release date.

:heh:

breaking the rule, But I agree, everytime I see a new post here I get a little excited, to only then be let down as nothing new has been shown / unveiled. :heh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks gorgeous!

I've never really been that interested in GTA before, and I've only ever played a bit of GTA3 and Vice City at a friends a long time ago.

But there's something about the more vibrant visual style of GTA5 that's really got me very interested!

Think this could well be my very first GTA.

Lets hope this doesn't run like ass on the PC like GTAIV did/does. At least the brilliant job that was done on Max Payne 3 gives one hope.

It does? I mean I bought L.A. Noire for the PC a while ago, and it runs like utter friggin' shit. There must've been some kind of issue with the console / pc porting, because it's a really bad job. Canyourunit shows best performance, so shouldn't be a req problem. Skyrim runs just fine...

Yes, my new PC still really struggles with GTA4. And it can smoothly run Skyrim with added graphical effects, some higher resolution models, higher resolution textures (higher than the official texture pack) and other stuff. It's not been optimised for the PC at all. I'm surprised such an incompatible game is even allowed on Steam.

Yes, my new PC still really struggles with GTA4. And it can smoothly run Skyrim with added graphical effects, some higher resolution models, higher resolution textures (higher than the official texture pack) and other stuff. It's not been optimised for the PC at all. I'm surprised such an incompatible game is even allowed on Steam.

Wow...so can you run GTAIV at any playable setting then? I mean I've been considering buying it for the PC because of the customisable soundtrack, but now I'm not that sure anymore...

I wouldn't get GTAIV for pc. Even though I run everything on max settings, the game looks worse than the PS3 version. Jaggies jaggies everywhere. And the game has a stuttering issue which has been attributed to a memory leak. It will be running at 60fps fine and then suddenly drop down to 30fps. There's a few more issues but i will see what mods can do when i can be bothered to hunt them down. Oh and cars still control like ice cream trucks.