NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

2mrsapk.jpg

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Game installed! :)

It took roughly 13 mins 37 seconds. :p

Got my copy from Amazon :D At work now though :(

Apparently on the 360 you should install the first disk to your HDD and for optimum performance, install the second disk to a USB drive.

Waaaaaaaahhhh! I envy you guys. Can't wait until I get my hands on the new GTAV! Is there a crack on this game already?

I have this game but was going to sell it sealed (came with my ps3), how much would i get? How much would the value drop if I opened it to give it a go?

I don't really like open world games. I don't really like GTA games. But I do like golf and tennis games :) I want to play it so I can have an opinion on it, but I think I'll hate it. Is this just GTA, or is it a bit better than that? I just find the games utterly mindless and open world games bore me, roaming around so much; I want to be told great stories and/or play great gameplay

I have this game but was going to sell it sealed (came with my ps3), how much would i get? How much would the value drop if I opened it to give it a go?

I don't really like open world games. I don't really like GTA games. But I do like golf and tennis games :) I want to play it so I can have an opinion on it, but I think I'll hate it. Is this just GTA, or is it a bit better than that? I just find the games utterly mindless and open world games bore me, roaming around so much; I want to be told great stories and/or play great gameplay

It's GTA, most certainly open-world (the largest one yet) it has those 'sports games' you mention actually in the game, from the footage I have seen even these 'mini-games' have more polish on them then some actual dedicated sports games.

As for 'roaming around' the navigation is handled really well, if you just want to do the story missions and nothing else then you could quite easily do that without going off and seeing the world but then you'd be missing half the point of the game. :p

So in answer to your question, yes it is 'GTA' but it is better than the previous games so it's 'more than that' in one sense... ultimately though you say that you like great stories and enjoy great gameplay, therefore I am baffled as to why you think that this isn't the game for you. ::shrug:

Make a quick £5 profit by selling the game on or get more than your money's worth in enjoyment, it's your choice. : peace:

Yeah @dazzybee from what I've heard this is storytelling and gameplay at it's finest, i.e. the culmination of everything great Rockstar has done up until this point, with gameplay mechanics good enough for their own individual genre games.

Done the first 2 missions and already loving the character's in Franklin's world:awesome: Game is amazing.

Went to the airport and got into a plane. Is it just me or can you not change direction of the plane when you're on the ground? Was I doing something wrong?

Had 3 stars on me and had to try a few different planes before I found one with a lot of space directly in front of it.

Press R1 or L1 to steer right/left while taxiing.

with gameplay mechanics good enough for their own individual genre games.

Wouldn't go that far, but every gameplay mechanic feels great and fits.

The missions are fucking awesome and varied. This game doesn't get boring.

Edited by drahkon

Press R1 or L1 to steer right/left while taxiing.

Wouldn't go that far, but every gameplay mechanic feels great and fits.

The missions are fucking awesome and varied. This game doesn't get boring.

Cheers. I imagine that was in the manual that I didn't read.

Cheers. I imagine that was in the manual that I didn't read.

Nah, the game tells you in a mission a bit down the road ;) Didn't read the manual, too, but until I got to that particular mission I haven't even attempted to fly :D

I want to do some exploring, just drive around, do some activities, but the main missions...they are too fucking great :(

firstworldproblemsgirl.jpg

Has this sold out everywhere?

Will pick it up in the high street but cba wasting my time on the trek if it's sold out.

Has this sold out everywhere?

Will pick it up in the high street but cba wasting my time on the trek if it's sold out.

It's still available where I am. I'm at work at Sedgefield and popped into Sainsburys at lunch. They had loads of copies sitting on the shelves. I managed to resist and walk on.

It's still available where I am. I'm at work at Sedgefield and popped into Sainsburys at lunch. They had loads of copies sitting on the shelves. I managed to resist and walk on.

Cheers HOT. That new Sainsbury's is a Godsend, I used to go in regularly when coming back home from Darlington. :)

Nah, the game tells you in a mission a bit down the road ;) Didn't read the manual, too, but until I got to that particular mission I haven't even attempted to fly :D

I want to do some exploring, just drive around, do some activities, but the main missions...they are too fucking great :(

firstworldproblemsgirl.jpg

Seriously? That was the first thing I wanted to do to explore. I pulled out the map, opened it up and saw something that looked like an airport (didn't look closely). I should've guessed by the fact it was remote and was shut but I drove straight through the gate anyway.

Army compound. Instant 4 stars. No gun, shit car. Wasted.

After respawning I looked at the map properly and saw it. Drove all the way down, saw a huge jump outside the airport. In the process of reversing I ran over someone and got 2 stars. Did the jump, got into the airport. Got a plane. Couldn't fly it. Ran about like a headless chicken until I found one that could take off without turning.

Went to exact my revenge on the military base but got shot down before I found a target to fly into.

Haven't done any missions other than compulsory yet but will do tonight. Just wanted to explore before bed last night.

The better the GTA the less you play the missions in my experience.

Can't wait to play this and see it finally addressed.

Wasn't going to get this, but I'm weak after seeing all the discussion and caved

The better the GTA the less you play the missions in my experience.

Can't wait to play this and see it finally addressed.

Agreed. I only play it for the open world. I've always found the open worlds are brilliant, and the game is only marred by the story

Bought the game in an electronic store. It was surprisingly cheap for a launch day. (where 499 is normal, 599 is Game/Gamespot, this was 369) Even when I pay the shipping to return the one from the online store I saved a 100 and I'm guaranteed to play it tonight and tomorrow morning. But first, work :(

Edited by Tales

Vice City's story was excellent (and the first time there wasn't a silent protagonist). So was SA's, although it was too long. GTAIV's was turd.

Went to midnight opening it was fucking freezing outside. Managed to be back home by 1ish having joined queue at 11.40.

Seriously? That was the first thing I wanted to do to explore.

Yeah, same here, but the missions...Fuck me, they're intense.

Have to pull a heist to get...well, I don't really know. Either I didn't pay enough attention or it is still a secret

:D

Preparations have to be done, won't tell you what, though.

After I'm done with this, I'll finally do some exploring, flying around, fucking shit up (one certain activity is back!).

Have to buy shares, too. See if I can get profit.

Played some tennis. Crashed this bitch.

Want to play golf.

Do some hunting.

Win races.

Buy shit.

Fuck the missions. I will conquer the world now :D