NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Hmm, this is the issue I have with getting it. Don't really need that from my games.

I played this mission (I assume) and I feel a very similar way, however I would say don't let you put it off.

No spoilerz but basically there are four elements to that portion of the mission and its intertwined with a second portion of the mission so you go back and forth. It is smattered with dark humour, some of which is very funny but very dark.

There are maybe two particular bits (well one main one) that really is pretty fucked....however the way it makes you feel and getting that reaction out of you is something that I commend the game for.

And in fact, having thought about it, you have the option to not do the thing.

Funnily enough, I have not had any gold medals (apart from prologue) but this mission was the first one I got gold in ....bloody typical lol.

This game is extremely entertaining. Even browsing my virtual phone is a blast.

I think I played that mission, but I don't see the issue. Don't we watch the same thing in Homeland?

Gets wanted level 5 - killed by puma lol.

I'm a little bit disappointed about them so far. Then again I haven't seen many of them. Four heists after roughly 2/3 of the main missions done, and only the first and fourth generated any income and let me hire crew members, although the fourth one only let me hire one and he got caught in what seemed like a very scripted event. Maybe Plus should never have given me Payday, since I expected something like that, but in a grander scale. It really sucked to have stolen 8 million dollars but have FIB take 6 of them.

I'm not liking the customisation of the main characters at the moment. What's the point in picking a nice suit if they're going to change clothes the next time you see them? Also there's no point in chosing a haircut for Franklin, since he tends to switch to a hat anyway.

Guess the customisation is mainly for the online part. At least clothes don't cost much money (compared to how much you get from heists).

Also, in regards to "that mission", I wasn't that bothered. It did feel like it was only put in to make headlines though.

Trevor killing Johnny. I liked him and that wasn't a good end, what with the meth addiction and girlfriend fucking.

Just completed the story. I thought it was good but as usual with GTA games I wasnt blown away by it, seemed to wrap up a bit too quickly at the end.

Im looking forward to just messing around in the world now and getting started on all the side stuff.

A few day ago this game was 'amazing' spent the best part of two days playing it...

... now it's just another game on the 'multiformat console' that I'll play when I'm on there and maybe, hopefully finish someday soon, inbetween everything else. :p

Until the online comes out that is and then I'll be all over it again. :D

Just completed the story. I thought it was good but as usual with GTA games I wasnt blown away by it, seemed to wrap up a bit too quickly at the end.

This. Although I suppose the final heist was the main ending and everything after that was just wrapping things up. Still a bit of an anticlimax though.

I picked the Death Wish ending. Had to check online to see if it killed Franklin first though. It did seem like it might.

This. Although I suppose the final heist was the main ending and everything after that was just wrapping things up. Still a bit of an anticlimax though.

I picked the Death Wish ending. Had to check online to see if it killed Franklin first though. It did seem like it might.

Yep I went with that ending as well, it never even occured to me though that it might mean Franklin would die. I was just looking on the Giant Bomb forums and theres someone there moaning how he chose to kill Trevor and now he's dead lol

Yep I went with that ending as well, it never even occured to me though that it might mean Franklin would die. I was just looking on the Giant Bomb forums and theres someone there moaning how he chose to kill Trevor and now he's dead lol

So the post-game is playable with two characters only? That sucks.

Especially for those trophy/achievement hunters, unless they did every side activity/quest before finishing the story.

Thank god I chose Death Wish. I like both Michael and Trevor. No way I could've killed one of them!

Contemplating this - for those who've 'completed' the story - how many hours you reckon you got out of the game? Trying to decide whether to pay a whack of £40 for it.

I would say somewhere between 25 and 30 hours and I still have loads of side stuff to do, even before I just start messing around with all the other open world stuff. I think its absolutely worth full price.

Just finished it along with alot of the side mission stuff just a couple to mop up like the bounty hunter stuff. Fantastic game and my favourite GTA title. Not quite my GOTY, TLoU still leads the charge. I do wish there were more heist missions, was quite disappointed with a couple of them.

Now the wait for the Online mode, the reason I bought the game.

I'm a little bit disappointed about them so far. Then again I haven't seen many of them. Four heists after roughly 2/3 of the main missions done, and only the first and fourth generated any income and let me hire crew members, although the fourth one only let me hire one and he got caught in what seemed like a very scripted event. Maybe Plus should never have given me Payday, since I expected something like that, but in a grander scale. It really sucked to have stolen 8 million dollars but have FIB take 6 of them.

I did that one today. So far the heists aren't all they're cracked up to be - hopefully the online ones will be better (and repeatable).

As for the death - the guy I chose survived, who did you pick?

Although I ended up with the same amount of money.

The problem with the heists is that I never felt like I was doing much of anything during them. I think Payday 2 spoilt me really in that regard.

Finished the story line missions last night,

I also opted for Death Wish as I really didn't want to kill either Trevor or Michael and wasn't keen on playing the game after completion with either of them missing. Never really occurred to me that Franklin could die, but the fact he has Chop and Chops useful for hunting missing things, I just assumed he wouldn't die.

Were some of the most fun missions in the game, the closest you could get to a Fast and Furious game. Loved the missions. Tried desperately to steal his bugatti replica off his drive to no avail, and tried to pull him out of it in another mission... no dice :(

Can't really see the fuss, okay slightly controversial, but to say you wont buy the game due to it, or had to stop playing the game for a while after it?

hD414FFD7

The mission where you blow up the IAA building, once the mission was complete, you drive past the building and the fires gone, the lights are on, and normality is resumed. The radio has a news story on it, but there isn't a panic, stock markets don't plummit drastically. It was a great mission, but something on this scale with the other things that were implemented into this game, you'd of thought that given it wasn't far away from the end of the game, they could of left the building in ruin, and perhaps as you progress further you see cranes around the building to repair it.

Would of been nice to see the building not far away that's under construction make progress throughout the game too, not to see it completed, but to see progress made to it. The effort put in to make Los Santos seem like a living city was phenomenal, NPC's seemed to have a daily schedule and life, but things like the buildings damage, could of gone on to make it incredible.

Don't know why the option to eat food at these establishments was taken out, they've added coffee shops, but no option to stop in and get a mocha. I understand to give so much, they had to take some stuff out. Just surprised more than anything to see this feature removed.

I'm not liking the customisation of the main characters at the moment. What's the point in picking a nice suit if they're going to change clothes the next time you see them? Also there's no point in chosing a haircut for Franklin, since he tends to switch to a hat anyway.

I liked this as it again adds to the feel that the characters have their own life when not using them. I Don't wear the same jeans and hoody everyday. If I just robbed a store, or did a triathlon, or swam in the pool I'd change after. Think it's a nifty touch.

So so many great things in this game. Truly worth the 36 minute credit reel at the end. All this does is excite me for what's next in the GTA universe. on the next HD consoles will they continue this universe cannon, or start again. I hope that they keep these characters.

Seen pictures of a UFO, some sort of future car... I can't wait to crack into all these mysterious activities now.

U L Paper - That's deffo him that arrives at the observatory and unfortunately killed isn't it?

Pracownik_ULP_(IV).jpg

Love hiring Packie for my crew, glad he doesn't snuff it in any of the heists, and love his story of the Liberty City bank robbery with Nicko.. Memories.

Edited by Murr

What is "THAT" mission?

So far I've just done the mission

Where you give the statue from the train to the Mexican.

And I have no idea if I've encountered it yet.

I loved these missions (so far) because they were actually grand theft auto.

Edited by Cube

I would say somewhere between 25 and 30 hours and I still have loads of side stuff to do, even before I just start messing around with all the other open world stuff. I think its absolutely worth full price.

I never really finished GTAIV and that was my first proper GTA. Think I stopped at some big bank job mission(for paddy?) that was apparently quite tricky; but I remember I kinda enjoyed just doing a lot of the other stuff - especially police vigilante stuff for some reason(like getting a police car then doing the computer lookups, stealing cars etc). I might go back to it and get my fix, before I contemplate buying this. I guess in single player scope it's still much bigger than GTAIV right? I played it quite sporadically so can't recall what time I clocked up with it.

Edited by Rummy

Unbelievable!

I just failed a mission because my camera wouldn't work because of the Rockstar Social thing not working. It wouldn't let me take a picture for that papparazzi guy.

What the fuck?

Unbelievable!

I just failed a mission because my camera wouldn't work because of the Rockstar Social thing not working. It wouldn't let me take a picture for that papparazzi guy.

What the fuck?

Ah, yeah, had that problem, too. Just signed off PSN and it worked fine, but it was annoying as hell.

I wanted to take a lot of pictures, but because that Social Network is still struggling...none of them were saved :(

Unbelievable!

What the fuck?

I had the same issue.

I've had numerous issues with the game really. Pop in is atrocious. I was driving along, and suddenly a tree spawned in front of me. I've had getaways from the police where I've been away from them and bam, one spawns right behind me. Textures often just pop in from nowhere.

The game is good, but it just has far too many technical issues.

I guess the game could never hope to live up to Lego City: Undercover.

I liked this as it again adds to the feel that the characters have their own life when not using them. I Don't wear the same jeans and hoody everyday. If I just robbed a store [...] I'd change after.

Nah. Haven't you been watching the last season of Dexter? :p

I'd like the character customization more if the characters were more attractive. Especially the third guy is really ugly. Talk about lipstick on a pig. :blank:

I had more fun dressing up the main character in Sleeping Dogs.

Having played 35 hours I have yet to experience any technical issue (besides the Social Network stuff).

Well, some ridiculous moments that you experience in a GTA game...like people being catapulted into the air and such.

But no pop ins, no texture issues, nothing.

Having played 35 hours I have yet to experience any technical issue (besides the Social Network stuff).

Well, some ridiculous moments that you experience in a GTA game...like people being catapulted into the air and such.

But no pop ins, no texture issues, nothing.

Same here, no technical issues at all