NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Going through the game slowly as I want to complete AC3 & start Far Cry 3 but I can imagine playing a lot more hours in the coming weeks. Did the first heist today which went a lot smoother than I thought it would go; I also spent 20 minutes driving on the highway to try and find the airport. :D Police chasing me down the runway while planes taking off love it:laughing:

There's so much to do. Currently at 90% with 45 hours played.

Still need stunt jumps, knife flights, under the bridge flights and those 100 collectibles for the miscellaneous stuff; two strangers and freaks missions aaaaaand 11 hobbies and past times.

Gonna take my time with these. Occasionally do one or two stunts/flights and collect things with the help of the guide. :)

Did the first heist

Went for the more conventional "Smart" move on it, which was dropping knock-out gas in the vents. Used more experienced chaps for the driving/gunmen. But i used a random i found as the hacker (the chap who's boss i blew his head off in an earlier mission) as repayment for costing him his job in the company. Stole over $5 million, payed the damage to the house i ripped down and took a cut of 900k for Michael and 300k for Francis. No deaths, which was good for a first heist.

I'm taking my sweet time playing this, waited long enough so not in a rush to get it done unlike some i've seen who have completed the game over last weekend. Still doing some random missions (them ? markers), all fun.

I'm taking my sweet time playing this, waited long enough so not in a rush to get it done unlike some i've seen who have completed the game over last weekend. Still doing some random missions (them ? markers), all fun.

That'd be me ;) completed it on Sunday. Started again last night.

However on this play through i'm saving Lester's missions till after completing the main story to make some $$$.

I've also invested heavily into LifeInvader

after you blow their bosses head off.

When looking at their share prices at the end of my completed game, they go back to rather profitable, so yeah made the investment while they're down. sit on that investment while playing the game. and checkout before doing Lesters missions.

Apparently worth investing in the company involved with the first heist after you've completed the mission, they go back up throughout the game.

Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction pack prices revealed

You'll be able to spend between £1.99 and £13.49 in Grand Theft Auto Online for individual packs of in-game money, people with early access to the mode have told Eurogamer.

The four GTA Online currency cards spotted yesterday in the code of Rockstar's own site are still to be officially announced, but we understand they will have UK prices of the following amounts:

$100,000 Red Shark Cash Card - £1.99

$200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card - £3.49

$500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card - £6.99

$1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card - £13.49

These details originate from a source with early access to Grand Theft Auto 5's multiplayer mode. While details may still be tweaked prior to its final release, this is how things currently stand less than a week before it goes live.

Simply put, the more expensive the cash pack, the better the exchange rate you'll get. But it's also worth noting that while GTA Online uses the same world as GTA5, prices for in-game items do vary between the two.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

And you can only own a single property. When you trade houses you get a rebate on the place you've moved from, so you can re-use your in-game credit to some extent.

But while some things are cheaper, others are more expensive. You'll pay more for weapon and car mods, and most are initially out of normal financial reach. Yet any potential access to these items can only be unlocked when your character ranks up.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

GTA Online's micro-transactions may provide less of a boosting mechanic than first expected, then, although limited-time consumables will also be available.

Full details of the mode will be revealed sometime before its public launch on 1st October.

Rockstar has yet to respond to Eurogamer's request for comment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-25-grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-pack-prices-revealed

Don't care. ::shrug:

Never used microtransactions, will never do.

I will steal the money others have bought, anyway. :p

That'd be me ;) completed it on Sunday. Started again last night.

However on this play through i'm saving Lester's missions till after completing the main story to make some $$$.

I've also invested heavily into LifeInvader

after you blow their bosses head off.

When looking at their share prices at the end of my completed game, they go back to rather profitable, so yeah made the investment while they're down. sit on that investment while playing the game. and checkout before doing Lesters missions.

Apparently worth investing in the company involved with the first heist after you've completed the mission, they go back up throughout the game.

I threw some money in LifeInvader as well, thought i may as well. And i gave that hacker a job as well. I'm very thoughtfull indeed. Unlike many others, i'm doing as much as i can do in my first play and finish it off once the credits roll.

oh my god i need to buy two great white sharks!

to keep in the swimming pool of the mansion i'll buy with money i earn in game

Ah, was hoping for something like that :D Loved the swingset glitch in GTA IV!

Surely Rockstar did this on purpose in GTA V?

Finished the story yesterday.

Can't believe you can actually kill Trevor. There must be some angry people out there that didn't think it was actually going to happen. Myself, I picked deathwish, not because I wanted to kill Franklin, but because I didn't want to kill either Michael or Trevor. It didn't hit me that deathwish could mean the death of Franklin.

Now to do all side missions, races and skydiving. Think I'm at 73%. I will leave the collectibles for last as I'm not sure I can be bothered doing that. Did try on the jet ski races yesterday. It was more fun than I thought it would be.

oh my god i need to buy two great white sharks! to keep in the swimming pool of the mansion i'll buy with money i earn in game

You can do that??. I know what i'm doing amongst other things, i did throw all my taxi money at a hooker in a strip club as Franklin the other day. $7,000 was worth it, had 2 dances as well.

I felt that way about IV and that it didn't deserve all of those 10's and 9's it got 5 years ago. But I feel like V has genuine improvements with the way it does the missions and the exploration. I've not had this much fun in a GTA game since Vice City or San andreas.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's definitely alot better than IV, the world is alot more interesting, the missions are way better and it has some long overdue gameplay tweaks like that car flipping thing, the world being completely available from the start (hate artificial progression systems) and the new checkpoint system... but this isn't a 10. It might just be the best GTA game ever, based on the ~6 hours I've played it, but the gameplay is still passable at best, as per usual in the series. I'd rate GTA IV a 6/10 (I actually use the full scale, so anything above a 5 is good), and this is clearly at least a 7 or maybe even an 8.

But perfect 10s? Lol, no. Just like The Last Of Us, the gameplay lets it down. It had the potential to be a 10, though.

Go and read a book :p

Just done the Epsilon strangers and freaks missions.

Kifflom.

That's all I can say.

arp5P2p_460sa.gif

Edited by drahkon

What about the gameplay has let you down? I thought that was the most amazing part, everything from the improved missions, fun sidemissions and random encounters, great races at land and sea(just did the offroad races, awesome) the driving engine itself, the huge and beautiful world and much more. I don't understand why you are so focused on grading games in the first place and letting us know what's the correct score really is and that everyone else got it wrong.

Anyway, played the stock market with Lester's missions

32 million rose to 150 million

:D Could have done that with the other two characters as well but I couldn't be bothered. Now, spending spree :D

What about the gameplay has let you down? I thought that was the most amazing part, everything from the improved missions, fun sidemissions and random encounters, great races at land and sea(just did the offroad races, awesome) the driving engine itself, the huge and beautiful world and much more. I don't understand why you are so focused on grading games in the first place and letting us know what's the correct score really is and that everyone else got it wrong.

Everything. The driving, the shooting, the movement, the fighting... basically, every single action that you perform feels loose and unresponsive, as it always has in GTA games (let's broaden than umbrella to the vast majority of AAA western games). The driving is better than ever, but it's still average at best. The world is indeed quite awesome, but that's not really part of the gameplay, is it? I'm fucking loving the game, by the way. But you can love something and recognize it's flaws, too, you know?

I'm not that focused on grading, to be honest, I have several 7s in my top 10 of all time, I just don't appreciate it when a product is misrepresented to the consumer. And video game reviewers are the scum of the earth when it comes to that... everything that's even slightly good is a 9, lol. They're supposed to be helping consumers make decisions and they do the exact opposite. Most mainstream critics (in general, be it games or music and movies) seem to have some kind of mental block about being honest. Go and read a review from Sight & Sound and then compare it to the trash you find on Rotten Tomatoes and you'll see what I mean.

I do kinda agree with that. It feels like because so much time has been put into making a game of such scale, the game is pretty much given a free pass to 10-hood. It doesn't change the fact that most of the town is poorly designed filler, or that you play most of the game looking at a GPS navigator and passing through waypoints. It's fun, but I would personally give it an 8 in terms of overall enjoyment/gameplay/wow factor.

Just got 100% game completion, and all bar one of the single player achievements. Just need to go back and get 70 gold medals on missions then I'm done until GTAO is released. Then I'll probably rock that until PS4.

After about 80 hours, I would consider this one of the greatest games of all time.

Just got 100% game completion, and all bar one of the single player achievements.

Nice :D

If only I had motivation to collect all the parts and scraps in one go. Will take me foooooreeeever :D

Did all the under the bridge flights today. :)

Nice :D

If only I had motivation to collect all the parts and scraps in one go. Will take me foooooreeeever :D

Did all the under the bridge flights today. :)

The knife flights were frustrating. But I enjoyed collecting the scraps, spaceship parts and the nuclear waste. Kinda relaxing listening to the radio at the same time. NWA MoFo.

Oh, and that kifflom mission was just bollocks.

It doesn't change the fact that most of the town is poorly designed filler

It's the curse of open world games... =/

Well i finished the game, I'm actually kinda bummed that its all over. I want to see these characters get up to more trouble.

You can do that??. I know what i'm doing amongst other things, i did throw all my taxi money at a hooker in a strip club as Franklin the other day. $7,000 was worth it, had 2 dances as well.

no nono i was trying to be funny, the paid for online packs are named after animals, the £14 $1.5million dollar money pack is called a great white shark pack, poor joke but my point was IF i could buy anything called a shark in game it would be to keep in a pool, not a paid for money pack

crap joke:hmm: