NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Well I got it, unwrapped it, played and as predicted I was bored senselessly by it. I don't know why I give these games a go every single time. It is incredibly impressive, technically it's phenomenal. but the game is so so dull to me and incredibly adolescent. The writing, characters and humour are so painfully childish. And just reaffirms my hatred of Open world games. It's on ebay now. Oh well. Until next time Rockstar!
Interesting.

Not exactly sure how it's possible to find high-speed car chases and intense gunfights boring, but hey ho, each to their own and all that. : peace:

How long did you play it for before you gave up on it?

The reason I ask is that I felt the same about all of GTAIV and when I first played GTAV, it seemed exactly the same for the first few missions and I was really disappointed, thinking its another boring GTA before the game started to come into its own.

In all honesty not much. Didn't get to the third character. Just bored me senseless and had more desire to play wonderful 101 and Rayman.

Interesting.

Not exactly sure how it's possible to find high-speed car chases and intense gunfights boring, but hey ho, each to their own and all that. : peace:

Really? Have you seen most summer blockbusers and action films? It means nothing without dramatic weight. And that's all you do. And when you're controlling cartoon characters you hate and have to listen to the most inane, childish dialogue I find it gobsmacking how popular these ridiculous games are :)

Really? Have you seen most summer blockbusers and action films? It means nothing without dramatic weight. And that's all you do. And when you're controlling cartoon characters you hate and have to listen to the most inane, childish dialogue I find it gobsmacking how popular these ridiculous games are :)
Not modern ones, I pretty much stopped watching films in the 90's. :heh:

But yeah, I think the dramatic weight as you call it, is more important to film than it is to video games due to the passive nature of film. That said, I enjoy Commando just as much as Die Hard. :hehe:

Well I finish the narrative today. Overall it's clearly a good game. Amazing? No, there are too many problems...hell, half of Trevor disappeared in one mission. Story was ok, a bit full of clichés.

Decent game, not worth the perfect scores it has been receiving though.

But yeah, I think the dramatic weight as you call it, is more important to film than it is to video games due to the passive nature of film. That said, I enjoy Commando just as much as Die Hard. :hehe:

A3awP.gif

Granted, it's Predator, but still. :D

I hope they somehow bring Liberty City into GTA Online as well. Maybe make an upgrade to GTA IV as well.

I'd pay for that.

Well I finish the narrative today. Overall it's clearly a good game. Amazing? No, there are too many problems...hell, half of Trevor disappeared in one mission. Story was ok, a bit full of clichés.

Decent game, not worth the perfect scores it has been receiving though.

Which version you playing?

I've clocked around 40 hours or so now, and haven't come across a single problem. :blank:

Haha, but 80's films did it with such gusto, were so outlandish they were fun. And they were the first batch of dumb action films lil that - cars and guns etc. Dramatic weight is more important to film, but the problem is some games makers forget they're making games and ape films, and come up horrifically short (bar Uncharted and to a lesser extent Heavy Rain). Grand Theft Auto.... I don't like the type of game, I don't like the mindless violence it encourages (not morally or politically, just in terms of fun) but ultimately what makes it worse is the quality of writing, the characters and humour; it is so childish it just annoys me.

The big problem with the game, is it has satire as something to fall back on. But it isn't. It isn't satire. The game says nothing about sexism, or macho sensibilities, or street/gangster language and characters, it says NOTHING. It's not satire. It's closer to spoof, but it takes it self extremely seriously. I just don't think it works at all.

Am I the only one that don't have any problem with the game? Not the technical stuff(I don't have any of that either, but I have brand new super slip PS3), but the gameplay and everything. Myself, I have nothing to complain about. Or maybe one thing, bought a chopper and I think the company forgot to ship it :p

Has anyone logged into the social club? I don't know what I'm missing for hobbies and pasttimes, and I heard you could see that in the social club. But I forgot the password and they haven't sent me a reset mail a day later after I requested it.

I just love free roaming around, seeing the sights, causing trouble here and there:) No rush to go direct from one mission to the next like I did in GTAIV. Love that Ron is one of the conspiracists on the radio :D Honestly going to be amazing doing coop heists in GTA Online.

Well I got it, unwrapped it, played and as predicted I was bored senselessly by it. I don't know why I give these games a go every single time. It is incredibly impressive, technically it's phenomenal. but the game is so so dull to me and incredibly adolescent. The writing, characters and humour are so painfully childish. And just reaffirms my hatred of Open world games. It's on ebay now. Oh well. Until next time Rockstar!

Judging by this and your other 2 posts, I'd say you're playing it wrong, imo. People like you and me get a different kick out of these types of games than most do... if you're bored senseless by the "campaign", try just fucking around while listening to some tunes, you might find you love the game in a completely different way. The way I play, the missions are the sidequests, and the main goal is just roaming the massive world. :P

Just grab a buggy and go explore the outskirts with no goals in mind, I promise you'll at least see the game in a different light.

----

The score is fantastic. I find myself driving with the radio off more often than not just because the damn score is so good. Right up my alley.

Found an in-game website selling tanks for 3 million, can be delivered. Tempted so I can raid the army base with military vehicles.

Did 3 Trevor missions yesterday, now own 2 buildings with a runway. Sweet. And I found the 'flip off' button, randomly swearing at people across Los Santos

Anyone know much about the Social Club & Crews? Is it worth being a part of one for online from Tuesday?

Found an in-game website selling tanks for 3 million, can be delivered. Tempted so I can raid the army base with military vehicles.

I tried to do that, but I damaged the chopper when I was picking up tank so I only made it halfway across the city before the chopper stopped working. It ended up like this:

8KEX3TR.jpg

irwHcSX.jpg

IFhDP8p.jpg

Which version you playing?

I've clocked around 40 hours or so now, and haven't come across a single problem. :blank:

Things like;

- Running into things when you should be climbing them. Had an instance earlier where I pressed square to hop a wall, but (despite being right next to it) ran into it, hit the floor and then had to rest before it would let me get up....killing me as I got shot by Police.

- Cars not saving in garages (I learnt after spending 50k on a car for each of them)

I cannot think of any more off the top of my had, but it does have the occasional frustration such as this.

Its been a fantastic game but I am starting to get a little bored. Its bloody long. I have just recently done the diving and nerve gas mission - I must be near the end?

Looking forward to fucking around at the end. Although I have done plenty of fucking around in between.

I tried to do that, but I damaged the chopper when I was picking up tank so I only made it halfway across the city before the chopper stopped working.

I just drove the tank to the base, avoiding getting the cops on me on the way. Pulled up to the gate and heard the guard saying "You don't have the authority to be here" right before I ran him over in said tank.

I literally drove in, took out one tank and remained pretty much unchallenged all the way to the plane. It's now stored in my hangar, although due to the hangar glitch, I can't switch to my purchased vehicles (including the tank), otherwise I lose the jet.

Started checking out the missions, I'm just before the second heist right now and yet again Rockstar manages to completely disappoint when it comes to the actual main story missions. Apart from the first heist, not a single memorable moment... Why is the main quest is always the worst part in GTA games? Goddamnit, Rockstar, it's not that hard, just diversify instead of making every single mission about driving and shooting in the same bland environments... Fucking hell. Even the ones who aren't forgetable never amount to anything as far as what you have to do is concerned! Like the Yacht chase mission, which could've been awesome, except they force you to be the passive element. Hooray. For fuck's sake... Saints Row (only played 3) is so much better when it comes to the missions that it almost hurts to see GTA being considered the superior product...

Oddly, I got completely different missions to you. I got a ton of variety in lots of different locations, and loads of memorable moments.

I too managed to get a fighter plane yesterday. Took a lot to get it, was tricky. First time I did it, my plane ended up losing power after being hit by a missile, and plummeted into the ocean

It's not satire. It's closer to spoof, but it takes it self extremely seriously. I just don't think it works at all.
I really don't think GTA takes itself seriously. And GTA V is no exception, it's a complete pisstake right from the start. :hehe:

Anyone know much about the Social Club & Crews? Is it worth being a part of one for online from Tuesday?
No idea. But it seems there's an N-Europe crew up and running:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/n-europe

It's a bit low on members though. :heh:

Things like;

- Running into things when you should be climbing them. Had an instance earlier where I pressed square to hop a wall, but (despite being right next to it) ran into it, hit the floor and then had to rest before it would let me get up....killing me as I got shot by Police.

- Cars not saving in garages (I learnt after spending 50k on a car for each of them)

I cannot think of any more off the top of my had, but it does have the occasional frustration such as this.

The running into things thing is clearly a mechanic that was intentional by the developers. It makes the on foot gameplay more varied, creates many humorous moments (such as the one you mentioned :laughing:) and showcases the Euphoria engine.

The cars not saving in the garages is a bug that Rockstar are aware of and working on fixing.

But yeah, there are bound to be some quirks, it's unreasonable to expect any game with the scale and diversity of GTA V to be flawless.

The house garage should work the same as the hangers and helipads for purchased cars, where you can select from a list.

The larger garage can be used for stolen cars.

I really don't think GTA takes itself seriously. And GTA V is no exception, it's a complete pisstake right from the start. :hehe:

I felt like IV took it very seriously and as a result I ended up not caring much about the story, but V is a refreshing change back to the pisstake the older games had like Vice City. I found the way the three characters bounce off each other hilarious.

I think GTAV is a more than a pisstake, as plenty of the stuff in the game is based on stuff that does actually happen (not so much the missions, but the world). They look at problems with society and satirise them, from small things about what's popular at the time to major issues.

Even THAT scene has a basis in reality. Governments actually do stuff like that.

Got my hands on this the other day and have to admit, I'm slightly underwhelmed. I mean, I love it as much as I loved GTA 4 (maybe more tbh) and the size of the world is jaw dropping but man, the gameplay is so unresponsive. I dunno, everything seems so slow? It doesn't help the frame rate is pretty shit and barely able to get over 30fps but the gun play in particular isn't as mproved as I hoped it would be.

Other than that, the game has a great sense of humour and I'm loving the radio stations as always. Pisswasser...fucking brilliant.