NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Well now, I wish I had known this a week ago, but it seems that if you half press the right trigger you can move around at speed with the gun up and the reticle still on screen. I played through the whole game just holding LT and moving the aiming reticle slowly.

Edited by Helmsly

Oddly, I got completely different missions to you. I got a ton of variety in lots of different locations, and loads of memorable moments.

I guess it's just not for me. I can't enjoy it, feels like I'm playing a Michael Bay movie... and on top of that, the gameplay never makes me feel like I'm in control. I can't deal with it.

GTA games are like the Avengers movie, to me... I enjoy it, but it makes me sad to see everyone praising it like it's the second coming of Christ, when it's just ok entertainment. Except it's even worse as at least the dedicated film community recognizes Avengers for what it is, but hardcore gamers still swear by GTA as if it's some sort of monumental achievement. I just don't get it. At all.

I still love GTA for the fucking around aspects of it, but the main quest just makes me cringe.

I have to agree with this. I like the game but the series is hugely overrated and the main mechanics of the game have been pretty conserved for the past 5 games now.

Basically, I could never get as excited about a game like this as I can with others.

You against the world eh? You are getting way worked up on how other people think about the game.

Just did the yoga trippy/skydiving mission... now THIS is what the game needed way more of. Different stuff like this, instead of just more of the same old bullshit. Game made me smile for the first time. ^^

Tried to find the ghost Easter egg, but no luck. We got to the mountain during the correct time frame too, no idea what we're doing wrong.

Loving this game though, definitely game of the year!

Tried to find the ghost Easter egg, but no luck. We got to the mountain during the correct time frame too, no idea what we're doing wrong.

Here it is...

high_five_ghost_easter_egg_by_rhiannathe1raccon-d4vk6fz.jpg

Did you go to the right mountain? I went to the main one (Chilliad?) and it wasn't the right one. It's also not the summit of the other mountain, but somewhere on the way.

0_0.jpg

Not much mention of the online - which launches tomorrow.

And I'm off on holiday, gotta wait till I get back. Oh well! :D

I had no idea you could watch from the police's point of view :p

When does online go uhm online?

Just did the yoga trippy/skydiving mission... now THIS is what the game needed way more of. Different stuff like this, instead of just more of the same old bullshit. Game made me smile for the first time. ^^
I loved that mission. :D

Anyway, just beat the game. :yay: Around 50 hours on the clock, and 78% completion.

Funnily enough I encountered my first problem with GTA V tonight too (on the penultimate mission), I reached a point where I couldn't proceed or switch to another character, so I had to disband the crew in order to restart from the previous checkpoint. :hmm:

For the final mission I chose...

...option C.

Loved how the characters split up to take out the various targets. :cool:

The ending wasn't exactly great, but the game was so much fun that it doesn't really matter.

I'm guessing it changes if you choose from the other options though, and kill Michael or Trevor?

Will have to check that out next time I play. Quite looking forward to replaying a lot of missions actually, especially the ones I didn't do too well on.

But yeah, great game. And now GTA Online is literally hours away! :bouncy:

I loved that mission. :D

Anyway, just beat the game. :yay: Around 50 hours on the clock, and 78% completion.

Funnily enough I encountered my first problem with GTA V tonight too (on the penultimate mission), I reached a point where I couldn't proceed or switch to another character, so I had to disband the crew in order to restart from the previous checkpoint. :hmm:

For the final mission I chose...

...option C.

Loved how the characters split up to take out the various targets. :cool:

The ending wasn't exactly great, but the game was so much fun that it doesn't really matter.

I'm guessing it changes if you choose from the other options though, and kill Michael or Trevor?

Will have to check that out next time I play. Quite looking forward to replaying a lot of missions actually, especially the ones I didn't do too well on.

But yeah, great game. And now GTA Online is literally hours away! :bouncy:

I chose option C as well, but appearently Trevor dies if you choose A. Like permantly dead.

So is this better than GTAIV, or shall I wait for the perspective that a few month's distance bestows before I ask?

well i got to

i hated it, i was so uncomfortable having to do it,but it certainly highlighted the futility and disgusting nature of torture

So is this better than GTAIV, or shall I wait for the perspective that a few month's distance bestows before I ask?

I have had a lot of fun with it and so has many others.

Edited by Tales

Completed my 2nd playthrough of this last night.

Invested in certain companies throughout the game which paid off nicely, then at the end after the final mission I did Franklin & Lester Assassination missions.

Each character now has just over $1billion. Lovely jubbly.

I chose option C as well, but appearently Trevor dies if you choose A. Like permantly dead.

Really?! :o

But what happens if...

...you haven't completed some of his side missions, does it then become impossible to get 100%? :blank:

Really?! :o

But what happens if...

...you haven't completed some of his side missions, does it then become impossible to get 100%?

:blank:

Three options; I looked it up to see if there were any missions like GTA4's kill one of the irish choice, option A kill Trevor, option B Kill Michael, option C save both, obviously the respective character if you choose A or B PERMINANTLY IS GONE so no 100% if you chose that option and have missions left

Edited by Agent Gibbs

The way I see the endings:

Options A and B are pretty much joke endings, making fun of games that have had terrible multiple-choice endings.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to GTA online? I created my character and it tried to connect online but it keeps saying "Failed to host a GTA Online session Return to GTA5 and try again later" its been doing this for a while >_<

The servers must be taking a hammering right now. I'm still debating if I should buy a couple of months of XBL Gold just to see what Online mode is like.