NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Online is still fucked for me. :sad:

Thought I'd connected successfully earlier, but in the end it was just 10 minutes of my character standing on the spot with other random characters while listening to Phil Collins. :shakehead

It was horrible! :heh:

Had to just quit the game, as it was stuck on the loading screen. Luckily my single player save remained intact, so I just messed about offline.

I can't see GTA Online running 100% for at least a few weeks at this rate. :hmm:

Apparently there's an update getting released soon though (possibly tomorrow) so hopefully that helps the situation.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51512/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-updates

One thing that is great is how Rockstar are handling it. They warned us that this will likely happen, and they've kept us updated on the situation, as well as disabling microtransactions until it starts running smoothly.

It's a pain, but most people bought the game for the singleplayer - none of the reviewers even touched the online.

oh man online seemed cool at first! FINALLY got online last night after trying for two days (around 30 character creations failing) it randomly logged me in without a character creation as this bald boy/girl thing with headphones which i imediately deleted and created my character.

Played the tutorial, got to level 4, got a Jag looking car (Ocelot 430 or something) and tried to do the first death match it says you should do in a text...couldn't host my own game, tried to join someone's game and it at loading session for 30min there was no way to back out, no way to do anything so i had to quit the game and restart.......and when i'm back on i'm level 3, no car, half my money gone, back in starter clothes and unable to redo the intro missions.....

:rage:

Looks like there will be a patch coming later today to try and fix the online issues

Patch is up for PS3 and seems to work great. Im going through the tutorial missions now with no problems.

Yep, patch seems to have fixed things a bit, although it still has bugged out on me a couple of times after completing jobs. Created a female character to differ from the main three guys in story mode.

Loving that the camera on your phone uploads to the internet - share your characters!

0_0.jpg

I think I'll pretty much only be playing this with friends or crew members from now on. Its so annoying doing a mission and having some moron ram into you to try and kill you.

Yep, the patch has worked. Managed to get online and finally complete that bloody race! :heh:

Messed about for a bit after that, it's pretty awesome, but also quite confusing/manic. :hmm: I had no idea who was helping me, or who was out to kill me. ::shrug: So I eventually ignored the co-op aspect and just started looking out for myself! :hehe:

I think I'll pretty much only be playing this with friends or crew members from now on. Its so annoying doing a mission and having some moron ram into you to try and kill you.
It definitely seems to be a game of survival, and will no doubt continue to be the case.

It's cool that you can enter passive mode though, to stop getting hassled by others and be able to explore/do stuff without the fear of getting shot every 5 seconds. :laughing:

*EDIT*

Is there a way to mute all players at once on this, or fully disable voice chat? I don't have a headset so can't chat with anyone anyway, plus it just seems to be random coughing/sneezing all the time, which I could do without hearing. :p

Edited by RedShell

*EDIT*

Is there a way to mute all players at once on this, or fully disable voice chat? I don't have a headset so can't chat with anyone anyway, plus it just seems to be random coughing/sneezing all the time, which I could do without hearing. :p

Took ages for me to work it out, but hold down select, go down that list of options and you can choose who you can hear (crew, friends or no-one). I'm in the exact same situation, and everyone seemed to be French when I was on it, singing terribly!

Yep, the patch has worked. Managed to get online and finally complete that bloody race! :heh:

Messed about for a bit after that, it's pretty awesome, but also quite confusing/manic. :hmm: I had no idea who was helping me, or who was out to kill me. ::shrug: So I eventually ignored the co-op aspect and just started looking out for myself! :hehe:

In the game world, it's every man for himself, you have no allies, if you take part in jobs, then you may be part of a team. But it's pretty much dog eat dog unless your playing with friends.

So when do we (PS3 guys :p ) get some online action going? :)

And if there's anybody here who hasn't added me on PSN: Doooo eeeet!

Have done a couple of missions with a mate. Good fun :laughing:

Now I'm rank 10, I can put bounties on peoples' heads.

Doesn't matter, though, since I generally do free roaming in a closed session.

Have done a couple of missions with a mate. Good fun :laughing:

On that mission I just did with you, you could have warned me that I was taking cover right next to a bloody gas tank :blush:, that wasn't pretty.

On that mission I just did with you, you could have warned me that I was taking cover right next to a bloody gas tank :blush:, that wasn't pretty.

Sorry, I didn't realise that until I saw you flying around. :D I was too busy staying alive...the enemies are brutal and have the most perfect aim ever.

If it works I'll be on in half an hour or so(PS3 user)

Yup yup, might join/invite you later on :)

@Tales That impromptu race...Sorry for playing dirty :p

Currently have $80k, only $40k left and I'll buy that $120k (duh) garage for 10 cars. And then I have to save even more for awesome cars.

@Happenstance mind if I add you on PSN?

Edited by drahkon

Currently have $80k, only $40k left and I'll buy that $120k (duh) garage for 10 cars. And then I have to save even more for awesome cars.

Yeah sure, go for it.

Note to self: don't put on a mask. Put one on and it made my character bald. Had to pay $1000 to get my old hair back.

Other than that, good evening of online action.

Beware to people playing this with @Cube Its possible he will manage to land a fire engine ontop of your car and blow it up, causing you to pay $1000 for your car back lol

$1000? Mine cost less than $500 to replace.

I was also unaware of the cost of claiming on your insurance.

my car disappeared when joining my friends game...i can't do with restarting the game again! especially when i can afford a garage

Yeah, didn't get lucky with that. More traffic incident didn't exactly help either :p

Want to do some more missions tomorrow(those that advance the story I assume) as well as some boat races. I assume I have Cube, Happenstance and Goafer added, if not I'll try to remember it tomorrow.