NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Bullshit how did he get away with that? I also have a friend who works for Royal Mail and each one of such packages is counted in and out to ensure they are all held so they would have noticed one missing.

I've had countless mail "lost" by the Royal Mail, so i guess the counting process at the office near me isn't as good as it should be. He wouldn't tell me how he did it though.

they might stealth send the game out from shopto....think it was my Skyward Sword order, i got the delivery email the day i recieved it, so it was obviously sent beforehand!

who knows our copies could be winging our way to us 2nd class as we speak

For Tesco the same happened to me for Skyward Sword. Got it Wednesday morning 2 days early with the dispatch email only a few hours earlier:D

Seeing a GTA5 advert as soon as you walk into ASDA and hearing audio from the game on their speakers makes it feel so real.:cool: Not long to wait now.

Anyone else got the Blimp pre-order bonus, i intend my first thing i'll do is fly it to the top of the mountain and around the region. Only 5 hours before 4 days off, and maybe 2 days before the game arrives from Shopto (hopefully)

I'm really tempted by GTA4 but just as happy to wait for a PS4 version - there was talk of it, wasnt there? Was that ever confirmed?

I've had countless mail "lost" by the Royal Mail, so i guess the counting process at the office near me isn't as good as it should be. He wouldn't tell me how he did it though.

True I just know from my mate that if they release 1 they release all.

I haven't preordered.... Our mail is crap where we live. Contemplating going to midnight launch at my local EB Games.

True I just know from my mate that if they release 1 they release all.

I haven't preordered.... Our mail is crap where we live. Contemplating going to midnight launch at my local EB Games.

If I can't get it from Geforce I'll be heading to the 24 hours Tesco. I need to play this game as early as possible.

Well, they gotta pay them gangsta's innit!!!!

(yeah, i'll leave now).

They've used actual gangsters to voice some characters in-game and pay various music licenses as well most likely.

It's such a massive game and they've been making it for years. According to The Huffington Post they have had 300 developers working on it for 5 years. Let's say that all of them get paid an average of £50,000 a year that is £75,000,000 alone.

It's projected to make over £1bn in sales so its more than worth the investment. Shares in the publisher have doubled in the last year because of this game.

Fair point, it does appear like it was a massive undertaking, and a huge project. So I guess the cost is pretty realistic, especially considering the amount of profit it's going to produce.

I'm actually starting to want this game myself. The only issue is, I'm loosing my job at the end of the month, and have nothing lined up, so I should probably save some income. Then again, if I did get it, I'd have all the time in the world to play it... :heh:

ma3fVyc.png

But where did he order it from and do they normally ship games early?

Edited by Magnus

Got a text and e-mail from ShopTo saying my copy has been dispatched but it didn't have a pack shot like it usually does. Either they're just saying its dispatched because its went through processing and they'll send it Monday or its actually been dispatched. Either way I'll be expecting this on Monday at the earliest.

Amazon.de dispatched it.

yes-fight-fight.gif

With the shittiest parcel service in Germany.

imgur_9CUtI.gif

Will be lucky if it even arrives on Tuesday.

If it doesn't, then it's me off to the store, getting a copy and sending Amazon its copy back as soon as it arrives.

It's looking likely I'll be waiting for the multiplayer to go live before picking this up.

i got my email dispatch notification

no pic either! who cares itshapppening.gif

They're probably packing the games directly from the shipments, rather then going through their fancy machine, which is why there will be no picture.

More GTA Online info:

Rockstar has revealed the hope behind Grand Theft Auto Online is "to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them."

That's what Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies told the latest issue of Game Informer, lending credence to the notion that other famous GTA locales like Liberty City will one day be available in GTA Online.

Benzies also revealed that the studio has been throwing around the concept of Grand Theft Auto Online since it started working on GTA 3, explaining, "We've always wanted to create a world with the complexity of a single-player Grand Theft Auto game with the addition of real players. We wanted a world where people could spend years without getting bored of playing the same content over and over.

"I think we've managed to achieve something very close to our dream."

Elsewhere in the six-page spread, a number of new details about the online component of Grand Theft Auto V are revealed. For starters, over 500 missions will be available in GTA Online when it launches, some of which can be completed solo while others will require you to team up. All of them take prior to the start of the single-player game, meaning some familiar faces will make an appearance. If you make friends with the right people you'll also be granted bonuses (for example, biker gangs may offer mission support or a hacker can hide you on the radar in multiplayer matches).

GTA Online will be populated by your friends and crew members first, before shifting to include players of a similar skill level from your geographic region. The option is there, however, to fully handpick everyone you play with. When you start your online adventure, you'll have to choose your character's parents, lifestyle and preferences, all of which determine your starting statistics, which can be upgraded. You'll also be able to select a female avatar.

Pretty much all activities from the single-player campaign will be available online including "heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races" along with "tennis, golf and base jumping". In terms of the ones on offer, they'll change regularly as they're controlled via Rockstar's Social Club. After you've completed a task, your crew leader will decide who keeps the loot while you're guaranteed to receive Reputation Points and cash rewards.

The point of the game is to amass heaps of cash and buy assets such as cars and houses; houses will have space for storing cars, with cheap ones offering two garage spaces compared to expensive penthouses holding ten. You'll want to visit ATMs often too, as rival players can kill you and take any cash you have on you at the time. If you're unlucky enough to be robbed though, you can put a bounty on the perpetrator's head in a bid to get some revenge.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/11/grand-theft-auto-online-details-revealed

I just automatically ignored this for ages because I'm so used to not having a console to play GTA on upon release... then a few weeks ago I thought shit, I actually have a 360! I'm getting really hyped for this now. I love just pissing around in these games, GTA IV especially blew me away. It was the first proper HD game I'd played and I couldn't believe how full of life it all seemed.

BRING ON TUESDAY.

EDIT: I plan to just drop by GAME or ASDA on Tuesday, I shouldn't imagine they'd sell out!

I just automatically ignored this for ages because I'm so used to not having a console to play GTA on upon release... then a few weeks ago I thought shit, I actually have a 360! I'm getting really hyped for this now. I love just pissing around in these games, GTA IV especially blew me away. It was the first proper HD game I'd played and I couldn't believe how full of life it all seemed.

Wow, almost the same as me :laughing:

Have played a lot of GTA back in the day.

GTA, GTA2, GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars. Ah, the memories and the emotions all came flooding back when I watched GameTrailers' retrospective of the series.

So, in my emotional and nostalgic state, I have decided to buy GTAV together with my girlfriend for her PS3 so that we can play it together.

The story usually really demands another human being sitting next to you.

It's going to be biblical!

Edited by Fused King

No post for me yet but it has been arriving for some people apparently.

Unfortunately there do seem to be a lot of morons complaining to ShopTo on Twitter, calling them liars because their copy hasnt arrived yet so they couldnt have sent it Saturday and saying how they have gone completely downhill. The game isnt even out yet!

Mail hasn't been delivered yet, doubt we have anything since its usually delivered by now. Ah well, will get it tomorrow.