NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Nothing from shopto in the mail today.

Oh well, I suppose I need to have sex with my girlfriend one last time so I'll do that today instead.

can't believe people are on twitter slating shopto........

Yeah, myself and a lad at work have been reading it all morning. I'm shocked how worked up people are getting, I mean the game isn't even officially out yet!

Are they slagging them off because they wanted it before release date?

Pretty much.

They were all shipped on Saturday and the idiots are calling Shopto liars saying they never shipped the games till today and that is the reason why people didn't receive the photo of the parcel.

Some people have got the game from Amazon and Shopto, while others haven't. It's clearly a Royal Mail thing.

its always a Royal Mail thing though isn't it? once the courier has it its not the distributer...

theres people taking shopto to court over this apparently, seen a few say so.....a day before release of something...:laughing:

Technically, the dispatch email says that it won't be collected until today anyway (Royal Mail did probably collect it on Saturday, but the email states weekday collections).

I don't mind if I don't get the game early, or even on release day, but the one thing that's really bugging me is that the tracking code from Amazon is only 12 digits long instead of 13, so Royal Mail just spits out "this code is not in the right format" ::shrug:

I don't mind if I don't get the game early, or even on release day, but the one thing that's really bugging me is that the tracking code from Amazon is only 12 digits long instead of 13, so Royal Mail just spits out "this code is not in the right format" ::shrug:

I still hold a grudge with Amazon because my pre-order for F-Zero on the GameCube didn't arrive until the Tuesday after release.

Why send dispatch emails if the package hasn't been dispatched? My postman is always slow, so it's either going to arrive by half 3 or tomorrow. What is a little surprising is, i haven't seen the postman all day. He's not even come down the road to other houses.

I've been reading the Shopto complaint tweets, people are cancelling Xbone and PS4 orders with them.

addon.php?1490,module=embed_images,url=http%3A%2F%2Fi231.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee212%2FRedSoxPrince%2Fmj-laughing.gif

Sorry, but the game isn't technically out until tomorrow. If the game hasn't arrived today, then it will tomorrow. If it doesn't, then check Royal Mail then Shopto is what i say.

And Amazon are in the shits with Rockstar, sending the orders out Friday and people are getting them today.

Edited by Jimbob

I still hold a grudge with Amazon because my pre-order for F-Zero on the GameCube didn't arrive until the Tuesday after release.

If I remember correctly there was a Royal Mail strike around that time.

I'm thinking that in future for the next major Tuesday release, I may just pop to Tesco at midnight. I'm not too bothered about having to wait till launch day (dur!) but it would have been nice not to have to wait for the postman tomorrow.

If I remember correctly there was a Royal Mail strike around that time.

That would probably explain it. Not risking it again though! As...

I'm thinking that in future for the next major Tuesday release, I may just pop to Tesco at midnight. I'm not too bothered about having to wait till launch day (dur!) but it would have been nice not to have to wait for the postman tomorrow.

I'm Tesco loyal for big releases! Got the last Halo and COD games at the local 24 hour Tesco. There's always a bit of a queue but it goes down really quickly. Although after reading the IGN review I'm very tempted to run to the shop in Glasgow that are selling it early even though I won't have time to play it until about 10:30/11pm and they are selling for £50.

Don't worry I have a 13 digit tracking code which doesn't work either

Edge 10/10

No one makes worlds like Rockstar, but at last it has produced one without compromise. Everything works. It has mechanics good enough to anchor games of their own, and a story that is not only what GTA has always wanted to tell but also fits the way people have always played it. It’s a remarkable achievement, a peerless marriage of world design, storytelling and mechanics that pushes these ageing consoles to the limit and makes it all look easy. As we stand on the brink of a new generation, GTAV sends an intimidating message to the rest of the industry. Beat that.

hype levels are at extreme levels!

Caved and ordered it from Amazon just now. Not sure when it will arrive. I'm not really in a rush. Still got Puppeteer to start and Killzone Mercenaries to finish. And I haven't even attempted to start ACIII that I got off Plus this month.

Game sent. If last week's order is anything to go by, I should have it tomorrow. Unfortunately the mail man arrives after I have to leave for work. Won't be able to play it before 11 pm.

This game sucks. Overhyped bullshit. $170 million down the drains.

*goes off to continue playing*

This game sucks. Overhyped bullshit. $170 million down the drains.

*goes off to continue playing*

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

my cop best have arrived!

I've been reading the Shopto complaint tweets, people are cancelling Xbone and PS4 orders with them.

Good I've got a PS4 pre-ordered with them I might actually get one on launch day if there have been cancelled pre-orders! :bowdown:

fingers-crossed.gif