NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Burnout Paradise style events and challenges would be perfect for GTA Online.

And here it is...

Edited by Retro_Link
HDYT tags

This game? I Just can't comprehend it. It's going to be fucking incredible. I can not wait.

3684932_std.jpg

WOW. I wasn't expected a 5 minute long gameplay trailer. I can't wait!

And just like that, i knew i was going to have to buy it.

Seems ridiculous that you still can't play as a woman though.

Still doubt that R* can pull of 30fps constantly.

Trailer looks good, though.

Am undecided...buy the PS3 version or wait for the inevitable PS4 release...

I'm kinda surprised people want this so bad. The format has been done to death, and the last game was probably the most overrated game of the generation.

That location from Iron Man 3 at 0:38.

Good thing I've never played one of these games really. If I choose to, this seems like an incredible place to start!

Tbh honest though it looks a bit too time consuming :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm kinda surprised people want this so bad. The format has been done to death, and the last game was probably the most overrated game of the generation.

The last game was shit, but the ones before that...just wow.

GTA was groundbreaking.

GTA2 refined it.

GTA3 was the start of a generation/trend setter.

Vice City was kinda incredible.

(San Andreas I did not dig)

(GTAIV, I thought, was absolute gash)

GTAV Looks utterly superb. It seems to take everything fun and great about the series, but then add in some great ideas and mechanics. They are certainly talking the talk, and from the looks of it, this game brings IT.

Man Vice City, those were the days. That game was incredible.

This looks incredible. For the first time in years I'm excited to get a new game that isn't COD or Halo. Probably take the day off work for it too.

CVG have an interview with Rockstar about GTA V that went up this afternoon:

Gas tanks from cars can be shot and leak and cause a gas trail that can be ignited (useful against enemies like rolling them into a group and blowing it up)

Sticky bomb cars with TNT into enemies

Of the over 1000 car customization options, include bulletproof tires, engine tuning, roll cages, armor, turbos, strange sounding horns etc

These modifications can change the flow of a mission (bulletproof tires protects against bullets, more powerful armor against gangs/cops, etc)

Customized cars can end up impounded if left on the street; pay a fine to retrieve it

Less static melee fights, more of a free flowing system, lots of ways to approach enemies (behind, front, sides, etc) ,don't need to lock on

Hits are much more satisfying using melee weapons, great crunch to them

Destruction has been improved a lot

Much more advanced enemy AI, won't remain idle but will be dynamic and navigate the environment in combat to flank you

SWAT is very organized, focused, aggressive, gang members would be more gung ho

Your guns stay with you throughout the whole game, if you run out of ammo you don't lose it

Spent a lot of time on improving cover mechanics, much more responsive, jump over cover, move around, blind fire, much smoother

Summary from Neogaf

It would appear I have two options for the upcoming academic year:

1) Pass

2) Buy GTA V

It looks unreal. I don't understand how they're achieving that stuff, smoke and mirrors surely?

I love the dynamic mission structure and I hope there is plenty of scope to use it on all missions in a variety of ways. I also hope it's optional will make the ways to complete missions. I also hope sometimes when you drop in on a character outside of missions they are not always doing something amazing so there is this sense that they are just living in the city.

I'm excited about this for sure but the GTA series has always been one I've dropped off on and never finished the main story. Here is my history:

GTA: Finished

GTA 2: Hated it just couldn't get into it and didn't like the graphics

GTA 3: Beaten

Vice City: Never finished got pretty near the end however

San Andreas: Spent a ton of time playing but sure was no where near finishing it

GTA IV: Finished it but only after coming back to it months later and beating the last mission (which I remember being tough)

GTA Chinatown Wars: Really good game that I finished.