NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

nobody needs a paragraph

"Watch the GTA Online trailer" is all anyone needs

Ahh, I was at work when I posted and I totally can't watch vids and stuff. I will do...now!

nobody needs a paragraph

"Watch the GTA Online trailer" is all anyone needs

I lied, and only just watched it. It looks good, but is there going to be enough outside of the online to make it good too? I know next to nothing about the game, and I don't want to read too much in case of spoilers - is the single player like the others where you're a fixed character doing mostly fixed missions and stuff?

I lied, and only just watched it. It looks good, but is there going to be enough outside of the online to make it good too? I know next to nothing about the game, and I don't want to read too much in case of spoilers - is the single player like the others where you're a fixed character doing mostly fixed missions and stuff?

Yes and no. Things are a bit more flexible, but it's largely fixed. It's a massive game without the online.

@Rummy to break things up the game is split with three characters you control so you get variety, plus you can change between them easily- there is a trailer that shows the three guys performing a heist where they repel down a sky scraper and burst in the window, as guards enter the room, the player switches characters to a guy on a nearby sky scraper with a sniper rifle who then shoots the guard.

the game is much more fleshed out than the original GTA3 trilogy but looking more polished like GTA4 (only thankfully it seems to not have got much more than that)

Character switch sounds a cool idea; I might end up getting this thought atm given choice between this and SR4 I might opt for the latter just because I've enjoyed the previous two so much(especially SR2).

I guess really the big question comes down to: can I go bowling with my cousin?

I guess really the big question comes down to: can I go bowling with my cousin?

Hopefully thats an option, but also hopefully you can also throw the phonein the sea too

Quite temped to take a day off for this... Head up to Tesco at midnight, play for a few hours. Then sleep and play all day...

That's alot of GTA Online achievements. Not too keen on that really.

I still need any kind of confirmation on this DLC region lock and cut/uncut version issue.

I really like these screenshots from that IGN article

rsg_gtav_screenshot_3r1asf.jpg

rsg_gtav_screenshot_3w6axn.jpg

I have to say, I couldn't care any less about the characters or the story for GTA V. All I am looking forward to is having that big detailed open world to mess around in.

Apparently(and I take it much as so) they decided to go a bit down The Wire route and get actual gang folks from the mean ol' streets of somewhere to do voice work in this. If actually the case, I appreciate that. Not because of it, but I may well pick this up in the weeks post release once I read how awesome everyone's finding it.

Tempted to just ignore all GTA5 content and go dark until it's released now. I just know I'll stumble across a rogue Youtube or Reddit post spoiling the game.

Luckily it's only 2 weeks away:grin:

That's pretty much what i've done, gone dark. I stopped watching trailers weeks ago.

That's pretty much what i've done, gone dark. I stopped watching trailers weeks ago.

Haha, complete opposite for me dude, I've been rewatching all the trailers over and over again.

The hands on from IGN sounds fucking immense too.

This game can't come soon enough. Can't wait.:smile:

Haha, complete opposite for me dude, I've been rewatching all the trailers over and over again.

The hands on from IGN sounds fucking immense too.

This game can't come soon enough. Can't wait.:smile:

I've seen a few pictures, videos a few weeks/month or two ago. It was teasing me too much, so i stopped looking at them. I've also been distracting myself from looking at the videos, i can thank Olivia Newton-John, the chap who does acapella video game tunes and the L.A Beast via Youtube.

Got an email from ShopTo saying they were charging our cards early. However, they also seem to be ignoring Rockstar's request of waiting until the 16th to send them out (GAME told their customers they're dispatching on the Monday).