NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

those screens are awesome, but sharks? oh boy swimming will be fun, and subs? how deep an filled will the sea be

Release date revealed.

Dear all

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,

The GTA Team

Well I thought the Spring date sounded quite early...Anyway, it's good that they take the time to finish it properly, would make no sense to rush such a huge project...

I hope this is secretly a next generation game...because it ain't going to look like that on the current crop of consoles.

Who knows, maybe this is an NeXtbox launch game.

If it was next-gen only, then it would probably cost them 80%+ of sales.

This game needs the userbase of the current consoles.

I'm kind of glad tbh, still plugging away at my backlog and there are already plenty of games coming out in Feb/March. Does make it wonder if it will be one of those titles that crosses generations...massive undertaking though.

It will either be cross generation or Rockstar know next gen isn't coming out this year imo.

Gah. Am supposed to be on holiday then as well.

Wonder if the travel insurance will cover this...

That would be awful. I wouldn't be able to afford playing it! :cry:

Oh, yeah, it would definitely be cross-generation.

Also, with the Playstation announcement coming just after this, me thinks maybe a PS4 launch title. And for once I wouldn't put next-gen (at least limited time) exclusivity out of the question because with Rockstar releasing on the current gen too, it'd help Sony, allow Rockstar to show off a game without pinned-back graphics and not be too big a risk to game sales.

Also, that Vapourware game Agent never arrived on the PS3. Wasn't there a deal in place for it? Maybe this would be a way of making up for it.

A GTAV on launch would be a killer push for sales.

Oh, yeah, it would definitely be cross-generation.

It it were cross gen, I'd like to think that should also pretty much lock in a so far unannounced PC release too given the even greater degree of similiarity of the hardware. So much of the work would already be done that would be an even bigger missed opportunity than when it was current gen only - hopefully that would also mean the PC versions runs a little bit better than the abysmal GTA4 conversion.

Yeah, next-gen's more unified hardware should be a massive boost for everyone, especially PC ports.

Yeah, next-gen's more unified hardware should be a massive boost for everyone, especially PC ports.

I wonder if Valve have a good insight into what people are planning. With how the PS4 is supposedly similar to Linux, and other PC companies supporting Linux (EA's Origin), everything looks like it's falling into place very nicely for Steambox.

I'm kind of glad tbh, still plugging away at my backlog and there are already plenty of games coming out in Feb/March.

Tell me about it! I just bought GTAIV!

I still find it almost impossible to believe these are in-game screens were being fed!!... I mean the game looks fucking gorgeous!

I wish they'd come out and say exactly what hardware these are running on! It can't be 360/PS3 can it?!

A minigun?

Hope that indicates that this game will be as zaney as Vice City, rather than as serious and GTA4.

And the size of the map suggests some decent roads. Hopefully this one will have some good driving to go with it.