NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

I don't really see what they're going to 'reveal' to be honest.

It's going to be a GTA game. It will be amazing. It's not exactly going to be revolutionary otherwise.

A whole year after the reveal trailer we get more info.... Geez. Any slim hopes of a 2012 launch all but gone now then.

So what's the release date that are 'analysts' are suggesting now for a release? My guess is on March/April. But I'd love to see Rockstar have the guts to release it during E3 week.:heh:

1351798731-s2qx9-1.jpg

406773_10151238216737728_659843419_n.jpg

gtav-vinewood.jpg

gtavviewer.jpg

gtavviewer.jpg

5c77c34e245811e2830722000a1f9d75_7.jpg

178911_10151213261908810_729901454_n.jpg

With Rockstar confirming GTA V is available to pre-order from this coming Monday (5th November) it appears retailers have started to receive some promotional materials ready for marketing. Members at GTAForums have reported special Los Santos "photo viewers" featuring locations from the game have been distributed alongside two-sided posters featuring the unreleased artwork seen earlier this week.

We've heard that these cool little keepsakes are to be given out first-come first-served from the day pre-ording officially begins (Monday) but some fans have reported they've already received theirs in stores across North America. Each photo viewer has their own unique destination and caption, described below.

Welcome to the Vespucci Canals (above)

See the stars on Vinewood Hills

Wish you were here, Del Perro Pier

Welcome to Grapeseed

Having fun at the Zancudo River

Source - GTA.net

Man, first they preempt some of the TV shows I watch and now this.

The bad news just keeps coming. :cry:

I so want to pre-order this, but i really don't know what console to pre-order for? i use my PS3 more now, but live has better exclusives usually and there is potential it could crop up on WiiU later...

Only Rockstar could release one screenshot of a game as a genuine promotion, and get people more excited than a full length trailer.

Well the GameInformer reveal is today. By this evening, there'll be alot of new info.

can't wait.

Little snippet of information - sounds like we'll be getting more at 5pm.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/47455/two-gta-5-characters-confirmed-godfather-references-and-the-return-of-b-dup/

Looks like there'll be 3 protagonists.

TB2Tl.jpg

Information so far...

All The GTA 5 Facts

GTA 5 will be releasing on PS3 and Xbox 360.

No mention of a PC release just yet.

GTA 5's release date is set for Spring 2013 - likely between April and June.

Will feature the biggest world in the series. Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA 4 combined.

Musical scores will build up during exciting moments of gameplay, just like in Red Dead Redemption or Max Payne 3.

There will be no celebrity voice actors.

GTA 5's Character Details

There are three playable protagonists.

Players can switch between any of the three characters at the press of a button.

Switching characters is done through a Google Earth-style zoom out before transitioning to the new character.

When you're not in control of a character they will go about their daily business, and you can even switch over to them while they're in the middle of something.

Each character has their own story arc, but they will combine together in several "complicated, multitiered heists", much like GTA 4's Three Leaf Clover.

These heists are a big theme for the game.

The oldest of the three characters - the one seen in the trailer - is called Michael and is in his early 40s. He lives in Rockford Hills (Beverly Hills) and used to be a highly successful bank robber. He made a deal with the FIB and is now in the witness protection program.

Trevor is the name of a second character, the younger white man on the left of the Game Informer cover image (above). He is maniacal and crude. He is a former war veteran with flight experience.

The third protagonist is named Franklin. He is the character in the middle of the Game Informer cover.

There will be additional friends to meet depending on the character you play as. Confirmed names are Lamar (Franklin's crazy friend), Jimmy (Michael's son), Ron (Trevor's best friend) and Amanda (Michael's wife).

Characters will be returning from GTA 4 and the Episodes From Liberty City. Niko Bellic or the PS2 era characters won't be returning, however. "You wouldn't ever see CJ or Tommy Vercetti" in GTA 5.

Switching during a mission is done by presenting the option at particular moments. This gives you choice over how you want to play a mission.

GTA 5's Los Santos & Gameplay Details

Ammu-Nation is returning.

A desert region will be available to explore. This is Blaine County.

There will be different reactions from NPCs in the game: thugs will react differently to soccer moms.

Vehicles and items can be doused in gasoline and set on fire, while trails of gasoline can be created to destroy them from a distance.

Vehicles set on fire will burn realistically, setting the tyres on fire first, then the chassis and - once it reaches the gas tank - will explode.

For driving, the cars will "hold to the ground a bit better." Driving feels more like a racing game and won't feel as "big and boatlike" as GTA 4.

Shooting has evolved beyond where it was "in any previous game."

Melee combat has been improved, but "it's never going to be as big a deal as shooting" but will still feel "fun and strong".

There won't be RPG-style customation like in San Andreas.

Romances won't exist in GTA 5.

Similarly, you won't be getting phone calls from your friends all the time.

The in-game phone will be a more "contemporary phone" so you can access the internet through it, etc.

You won't be able to buy property, but there will be plenty to spend your cash on. It is a "vibrant and fun" economy.

Random encounters will be returning, but in a "bigger way". There will be a "far greater array of them" and huge numbers of "other pedestrians and other systems".

Red Dead Redemption style dynamic mission will be included in GTA 5. Some examples include hitchhikers, broken-down cars, catching muggers, attacking security vans or even coming across a sea of dead bodies in the middle of a desert to explore.

NPCs won't just be walking from place to place, GTA 5 has a system built into it where NPCs will act out certain activities dependant on person, location and time of day.

GTA 5 Multiplayer Details

Multiplayer will be returning, and a reveal is due 'another time'.

Dan Houser claims "we're ever closer to nailing the fun and excitement of open-world multiplayer."

Crews (from Max Payne 3) will be returning in GTA 5.

Confirmed activities in GTA 5

Here are all the activities already confirmed for GTA 5. Some are unique to certain characters.

Base jumping

Tennis

Scuba diving

Yoga

Customisation with different clothing.

Entertainment (no specifics given just yet).

Triathlons

Golf (and not the caged stuff like in The Ballad Of Gay Tony).

Confirmed vehicles in GTA 5

Here's every single vehicle we know of in GTA 5:

Cheetah

Sentinel XS

Bodhi

9F (based on the Audi R8)

Bicycles. These include BMX, mountain bikes, road bikes and dirt bikes.

Jet skis

ATVs

Confirmed locations in GTA 5

Here's every single location we know exists in GTA 5:

Rockford Hills

Blaine County

Vespucci Beach

Mount Chiliad, which is fully explorable.

You'll also be able explore the ocean floor with scuba diving gear.

More details from IGN

The first official details about Grand Theft Auto V have been announced. In the newest digital issue of Game Informer, Rockstar has revealed that the game will have three playable characters -- Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Players will switch between characters “constantly” with a single button press, allowing them to see missions from different perspectives.

Michael is a retired bank robber in his early 40s who is now in the witness protection program, and whose wife has burned through his substantial fortune, causing him to get “back into the game.” His friend Trevor, the second protagonist, is around the same age as Michael and described as a “drugged out psychopath” who's a career criminal and prone to violence.

The final character, Franklin, works as a repo man and is younger, in his mid 20s. Franklin is described as "the young and capable one of the bunch." All three come together to perform heists, which are described as “a big theme in the game.”

Players will experience missions as different combinations of the three characters, and each will have a different skillset. For example, in one heist mission, Michael rappels down the side of a building while Franklin uses a sniper rifle from afar and Trevor flies in a helicopter above. Players can switch back and forth between Michael grabbing a target inside the building or Franklin trying to snipe enemies inside. Once you escape, the player can choose to fly the getaway helicopter as Trevor, snipe other pilots as Franklin or fire a gun from the back of the vehicle as Michael.

Los Santos will be the biggest open world in Rockstar's history, "bigger than Read Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV and San Andreas combined." Players will also be able to explore underwater areas of the city.

Rockstar has also changed driving mechanics, noting that cars “hold to the ground a bit better” and have “a little more physics on them,” making driving feel more like a racing game. Shooting and melee combat have also been improved, as have pedestrian models (some pedestrians have now been mapped using motion capture for more realistic movement). Rockstar also hasn’t employed any celebrities to provide voices for the game.

Heists will be a key element, but players will also experience elements similar to Red Dead Redemption’s dynamic encounters, including stopping to check on broken cars and picking up hitchhikers. Players will also be able to chase and catch muggers or rob cash vans.

Characters can be customized by changing clothes, but height and weight customization isn’t included. The phone will also return for obtaining important info, but will now be more modern, with features more like what you'd see on a smartphone. Some items previously only accessible from the phone in Grand Theft Auto IV will simply be accessible on the map.

Each character will have their own social circle -- Michael has his wife and son (Amanda and Jimmy), Franklin has a "crazy friend" named Lamar and Trevor has a paranoid conspiracy theorist friend named Ron. Separately from missions, players will be able to switch between characters and see them living their daily lives. You'll be able to switch between characters at any time when you're not in a mission. Each character also has unique hobbies that only they can participate in, though Rockstar is still "ironing out all the details" on exactly what those will entail. There also won't be romance in the game as there was in Grand Theft Auto IV, and while there will be multiplayer, Rockstar hasn't released details just yet.

Players won't be able to own real-estate, but there will be plenty of other things for them to spend their money on. There will also be appearances from characters from Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City -- just not major characters like Niko Bellic. Rockstar explains that the five Grand Theft Auto games on PlayStation 2 are one universe, while Grand Theft Auto IV and V exist in a separate, "high definition universe," so don't expect to see C.J. or Tommy as there won't be any crossovers.

Grand Theft Auto V will hit stores in Spring 2013 and has only been confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 thus far. The game was originally announced in October 2011, followed by the first trailer in November. The idea of multiple playable characters was actually rumored early on, first suggested the day after the original announcement.

Rockstar will release the second trailer for Grand Theft Auto V on November 14th. For all the details in the trailer, check out our live Rewind Theater of the trailer that day, plus a ton of additional info throughout next week.

Edited by Dog-amoto
Automerged Doublepost

It sounds amazing. Shame about the lack of properties. But the activities sound pretty awesome.

Wow. I simply do not have the time or the money to buy this.

But i will.

I'm kind of disappointed with the no celebrity actors or the lack of characters from previous games. The romance bit was also funny and they've cut that out which is a shame, although if it means not having to answer that damn phone I think I can live with that.

I'm kind of disappointed with the no celebrity actors or the lack of characters from previous games. The romance bit was also funny and they've cut that out which is a shame, although if it means not having to answer that damn phone I think I can live with that.

I disliked that, in the middle of a mission and the missus wanted to go out. Yeah, i was really going to take her out whilst escaping the law enforcement officers.

I disliked that, in the middle of a mission and the missus wanted to go out. Yeah, i was really going to take her out whilst escaping the law enforcement officers.

quot+Hey+cousin+you+want+to+go+bowling+quot+_9e4cf0df25e3259d5045bca60e1852e4.jpg

:nono: