NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Wonder if you can do anything with the dogs that are at the start of the trailer?

...nothing sexual I mean...maybe

They see me trollin'

They hatin'

Psch, that's not trolling.

Just wait for Choze to come in here and try and explain that gamers don't want a new GTA and that GTA4 had worse graphics than GTA3 by 23%.

Psch, that's not trolling.

Just wait for Choze to come in here and try and explain that gamers don't want a new GTA and that GTA4 had worse graphics than GTA3 by 23%.

funny because it's true.

Looking awesome, the colours are finally back! :) Ok, a totally new environment would've been nice, but at least they went back to something that was great to begin with, i.e. the vastness of SA! Although, they'll obviously be changing the environmental layouts anyway...

So yeah, looking good! Hope the cars handle better and there's more fun stuff to do. I mean fancy graphics don't mean shit if the game is not fun to play...GTA IV, perfect example. I guess that's one reason why I've stuck to the products of Nintendo for so long, less focus on graphical power and more on great gameplay...plus the awesome colours! ;D

Look at the difference between GTA3 and GTA4. They were the same city, but may as well be completely different ones. The only thing that really stays the same are the names and the city it's loosely based on.

I watched the trailer at work without sound. Watching with sound now. From what I saw at work, it looks fucking awesome. Can't wait.

True but given the likely jump between this gen of consoles and the next, appearance isn't likely to be quite as big or noticable, look at top end PC's. It will all be about processing power,Cache and RAM

any GTA like i suggested will not look much different, it will just be larger with better AI etc etc

I just think effectively rebooting the franchise on each gen of console is lazy and i'm not the only one seeing this as this thread is showing, the need to take a leap of faith and try a new area. Hell even a different US city would be good! Washington? Detroit? maybe even a border city with Mexico

I'm not knocking what they've done i just think perhaps they are playing it a little too safe

If there's a mission where you fly to GTAIV's Liberty City, then I think we can say that the creative well at R* has truly run out.

If there's a mission where you fly to GTAIV's Liberty City, then I think we can say that the creative well at R* has truly run out.

What if while flying you crash on an island...

But this is no ordinary island...

polarbear.jpg

So yeah, looking good! Hope the cars handle better and there's more fun stuff to do. I mean fancy graphics don't mean shit if the game is not fun to play...GTA IV, perfect example. I guess that's one reason why I've stuck to the products of Nintendo for so long, less focus on graphical power and more on great gameplay...plus the awesome colours! ;D

Play the ballad of gay tony, the game is just pure fun, it really shows the bright side of liberty city which I thought was very well done :D

I look at GTAIV like I do GTAIII, a brand new world, with a bit to do, not a lot, but the games that come after it in the world, it's gonna improve a lot with how fun it is.

If there is one thing I really hope they keep in this game it's a health bar, Red Dead and L.A Noire have gone to the automatic healing. I really don't want that crap in GTA, almost every god damn game has it now :( . (They kept the health bars in LATD and TBOGT so I am keeping my hopes up)

The colours are actually hidden - the default settings for vibrancy and all that are extremely low. Fiddle with those settings a bit and the colour of the game is much improved.

Yeah, it does get a bit brighter when adjusting the settings, thanks man :) Have to see whether I'll have time to play this though, much school stuff...

Play the ballad of gay tony, the game is just pure fun, it really shows the bright side of liberty city which I thought was very well done :D

Yeah, that's what I've read too. What about Lost & Damned then? Also, would it matter if I played BoGT first, and then the others? Timeline / plot continuum?

Yeah, that's what I've read too. What about Lost & Damned then? Also, would it matter if I played BoGT first, and then the others? Timeline / plot continuum?

I think both episodes are awesome. One shows you an even more dark and gritty side of Liberty City with the bikers gangs, while the other side shows the bright side with the nightclubs and living with the riches.

I think Lost & Damned is excellent not as great as Gay Tony, but damn, the last mission in Lost & Damned is the greatest mission ever for me.

Plus it's very well told the whole story and how they are linked together. There will be times if once you finish the episodes and you go back and replay the story in GTAIV you will be like 'holy shit, how did I not see that before.' I did anyway.

Any chance a mod could change the thread title to say "V" instead of 5?

Cause I'm anal like that.

Any chance a mod could change the thread title to say "V" instead of 5?

Should it not be "Grand Theft Auto V (Five)"?

No, that's just so the Americans know that it means five. Just like they had to phonetically spell Pixar's Ratatouille.

No, that's just so the Americans know that it means five. Just like they had to phonetically spell Pixar's Ratatouille.

For the Americans?

There's someone at my works who called GTAIV "gee-tee-ay-eye-vee".

My brother's friend pronounced L.A. Noire 'Ell-ay Noo-eer'.

He seems pretty smart next to Cube's work friend. :heh:

Rockstar Tosses Out a Few More Grand Theft Auto V Details

Despite having ostensibly announced Grand Theft Auto V last week when Rockstar Games put up a website teasing a week-later release for a trailer for Grand Theft Auto V, then effectively double-announcing the game yesterday by releasing the aforementioned trailer, apparently someone at Take 2 wanted to make extra-triple-super-duper-sure that everyone really knew Grand Theft Auto V had been announced, as today they released a press release once again announcing Grand Theft Auto V. So, just to be absolutely, positively, 100% clear: Grand Theft Auto V has been announced.

What lies beyond those mountains? Probably some kind of artificial world border, actually.

What lies beyond those mountains? Probably some kind of artificial world border, actually.

Normally this would be of no consequence to anyone, except that a couple of extra nuggets of information happened to be embedded in that press release. Arguably the biggest detail has to do with the game's setting, which we know already to be Los Santos, the Los Angeles surrogate established in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. We, along with pretty much everyone else on the Internet, have been wondering if the return to fake California would also mean a return to fake San Francisco, and fake Las Vegas, as featured in San Andreas. Evidently, that won't be the case. The press release specifically only mentions the city of Los Santos, and its "surrounding hills, countryside, and beaches." Presumably this will still be a fairly large environment, as the release also calls this the "largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

Elsewhere, a brief mention of multiplayer found itself buried in the release, ensuring that yet another online multiplayer mode will be on hand, though in what capacity, exactly, we do not know yet.

Still no sign of a release date, sadly, and the release only tangentially mentions anything related to the plot, citing a "pursuit of the almighty dollar" within the context of Los Santos' version of Southern California. Odds are it'll be a while before we get any more real, concrete details on this thing, so you'll just have to make this tiny hit last as long as possible.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/rockstar-tosses-out-a-few-more-grand-theft-auto-v-details/3786/

All this talk of the new GTA makes me want to break out San Andreas and play some of that again. Think i still got the disk somewhere.