NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Glasgow? /10char

The game would start and you'll instantly get stabbed.

Sounds like a dramatic opening to me actually!

opening cutscene, first person view of 2 wee neds gieing you a kicking, finishing with a stabbing.

Leave you for dead in a park somewhere, cue blurry vision scene walking to hospital

First mission: Hunt doon the cunts and set aboot them

Sounds like a dramatic opening to me actually!

opening cutscene, first person view of 2 wee neds gieing you a kicking, finishing with a stabbing.

Leave you for dead in a park somewhere, cue blurry vision scene walking to hospital

First mission: Hunt doon the cunts and set aboot them

Kind of reminds me of GTAIII opening.

Man I could still play that game today and have fun with it :D

Much like GTA3 pretty much starting off with you getting shot point blank in the face?

EDIT: I completely missed Killer Kirby's post that pretty much said it

Thinking about it, I always wanted Rockstar to perhaps make one of the new GTA games where the main hero is like the main hero in GTAIII, just a mute character who does what he can do to make as much money in life while shitting all over every gang in the city.

Getting sick of the direction these main characters are taking 'Oh I only kill cause I was lead into this life, I never wanted this life baaaaaaw' Just give me a character who doesn't give a fuck and trusts no one but himself and go and kill! :D

Glasgow? /10char

It wouldn't sell in the US market - no one would understand anything anyone says...

I just wanna be able to stab a fat guy in the face and steal his money.

Yeah, I want to stab ReZ, too.

Thinking about it, I always wanted Rockstar to perhaps make one of the new GTA games where the main hero is like the main hero in GTAIII, just a mute character who does what he can do to make as much money in life while shitting all over every gang in the city.

Getting sick of the direction these main characters are taking 'Oh I only kill cause I was lead into this life, I never wanted this life baaaaaaw' Just give me a character who doesn't give a fuck and trusts no one but himself and go and kill! :D

Mr Tommy Vercetti??

Perhaps the best protagonist in GTA yet.

Prague. With a pulp-fiction style intertwined plot, please. Now that'd be a fucking masterpiece.

Prague. With a pulp-fiction style intertwined plot, please. Now that'd be a fucking masterpiece.

From my experience in Prague, there'd have to be a mission in the 5-story club by the Charles Bridge, and you have to find someone discreetly before you overheat and pass out due to the lack of air-conditioning... (It was like being a sauna...with beer, music and a 10-foot robot-laser-Daft Punkified Jesus on the 2nd floor. I shit you not.)

Seriously, though, that would be awesome. Prague's big enough for it to work, and has enough architectural & layout differences between the different quarters for each area to feel different.

A mission on the peddle boats in the weir-contained section of the river would bring back memories for me, too...

40446_876023430009_14819108_48259956_1621799_n.jpg

takemymoney.png

That would be a first day purchase for me. Something I never do for GTA.

A mission on the peddle boats in the weir-contained section of the river would bring back memories for me, too...

GTA : Amsterdam anyone?

There was a leak of some of the characters in GTAV, they sound as hilarious as usual :D

Here is the screencap:

Casting-GTA.png

Along with a description of "James Pedeaston" from the wiki :p

James Pedeaston is a child molester wanted in Malaysia and is being investigated by the FBI. He hosted The Wild Traveler show on WCTR in 1992, although it is apparently syndicated to nine other stations (not heard in-game). He enjoys traveling the world and logging some of his most 'exotic' encounters in his travelogue, some of which he accidentally reads on-air to the disgust of the listeners. His favourite memory seems to be a relationship with a boy named Avrindar in Sri Lanka. His show appears to be so reviled by his listeners that at one point, he receives few calls which are not supportive. For example, a caller tells him to stop droning on about other countries and focus on talking about where he lives. At one point he received a phone call from a suicidal man in Verdant Bluffs who wanted to go to hell. Pedeaston replies with "Me too! Buy me a refrigerator magnet when you get there". In GTA IV, he was arrested by the Indonesian police after being suspected of child molesting in Bali, Indonesia in 2003.

From here: http://revolt-tech.com/archives/1102

James Pedeaston from that image above is interesting...

James Pedeaston

150px-JamesPedeaston-GTAIV.jpg

In Grand Theft Auto IV a website exists, at freejames.org, which asks people to donate to his legal fund, after Pedeaston was arrested in Bali. The website only received $23. He had been tried and convicted on October 23, 2003. However, this is not considered canon with the GTA III Era.

It's got to be casting for a new GTA game, surely.... GTA: San Andreas with same era characters as IV...

GTA V Set in LA?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304824/news/more-gta-v-evidence-emerges-but-is-it-set-in-real-world-la/

If this is true then do you think they just want to use the basic LA model from LA Noire so its less work building a city?

Real world LA...

so yeah as you say, they'll just take the basic layout of LA from Noire, and work on it to the correct time era that they want then?

I don't like the fact it's apparently being set in a real world LA, it should be Los Santos.

I don't like the fact it's apparently being set in a real world LA, it should be Los Santos.

I have to agree. GTA has always had this parody aspect to it and setting it in the real world will most likely take away from that.

All I can hope is that it is actually Los Santos and the rumours were just a bit wrong.

No show at the Microsoft conference. Possible PS3 exclusive incoming? Would be absolutely devastating to Microsoft..

Unless its going to be a Cafe launch title and they're planning on showing it at Nintendo's event tomorrow, but that's a little bit less likely.