N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

It is, but I think ReZ has been waiting for the handheld version rather than playing it on the PS3.

Disgaea always felt more like a handheld game to me, too.

Edit: Or maybe he's already played it on the PS3 and is just a huge fan.

Edited by Magnus

If it's what I think you mean by grid battles (tiles you move to like FF tactics) then yeah. It's...decent. Personally I preferred FF Tactics Advance to Disgaea 3 by a country mile, which had a story I actually cared about and pretty sweet jobs.

If you like taking games to the extreme though Disgaea is for you. You can reach L9999 (in seconds to minutes once you get a statistician setup), it's crazy.

Don't know if they were in earlier titles, but statisticians among others are these characters that you defeat and slap on a piece of equipment. The more you have on the greater the EXP multiplayer from defeating enemies.

Then there was this one map that you could replay that had a 3x3 grid of enemies, so you used some attack (I forget which now) that takes out the full grid at once. L9999 in seconds-minutes when you pass the equipment around your characters. Kinda makes the game easy though.

Wipeout came today. Had a quick blast. God the load times were horrendous but what a game. Did the update, hasn't made as much of a dent into the load times as I'd wished. Does online play hold up pretty well on this? Always loved wipe-out games and was slightly put off by some reviews on it but glad I buckled. Can't wait for the HD and Fury DLC, when's that out?!

Played a bit more of this. Dne the 2048 championship. Really liking the game but he load times are killing some of the fun for me, they're ridiculous. But the actual game is great fun.

What I am disappointed with though, and this may change, is the multiplayer. Again, takes ages for anything to happen and you don't get to choose anything. And combat mutiplayer is one of the most unfun game modes I've experienced, yet EVERYONE loves it. That's all anyone picks, I had to switch it off. I can't bare to play it, if people raced around like in single player it'd be okay, but people seem to stick to one bit of the trai where weapons are and go apeshit. Also, it says it automatically connects you to your friends... Does this actually work? I can see it being almost impossible to get proper games on the go with friends... I was hoping you could create your own lobbies and such...