N-Europe

Modern Warfare 3

Murr

If I were to pick three console shooters that changed the way people thought about console FPS games it would Goldeneye, Halo and Modern Warfare. That's how important the title is.

COD certainly has had its influence much like any major top seller(for worse in COD's case). Its not brought anything new to the table, which is what Spirited Away was struggling with.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choze, you have to STOP doing the following thing:

Choze makes a comment/point

People respond to that point

Choze ignores almost all the responses, quotes a small part of one post out of context, and makes another comment/point based on that

Repeat ad finatum.

If you want to have a serious discussion you have to start actually responding properly. At the moment you're coming across as a troll because you're simply ignoring posts and quoting things out of context. People are making valid points and it's almost like you're simply ignoring them. Doing so makes it look like you don't have a valid response for them, and this makes you look like a fanboy/hater (who are notorious for becoming oddly blind to valid arguments people make).

Please try to have a proper discussion, or don't bother coming into the thread. I'm not saying go away etc, but you need to start discussing things properly. If you don't there's not a lot of point in you being here. Thanks :)

If you're dying too quickly, that means you're not very good. However, if you're complaining that you die too quickly because assault rifles tend to drop people fast, then that's an odd complaint! It'd be a much worse game if you ran around like a bullet sponge soaking up damage and headshots like you were made out of titanium.

As for the maps, you're simply wrong. The COD maps are some of the best multiplayer maps around. They all flow very well and have just the right amount of verticality. Classic maps like Vacant, Bloc, Downpour, Asylum, Crash, Upheaval, WMD, Array and Cracked are in a league of their own.

The campaigns are good, but are slightly overly scripted for my liking.

Ha, okay. I am aware of my poor performance at the game but that isn't remotely the point. Its like...if you start getting shot, you will die, whereas in more arcadey and less "hardcore" games or FPS's you have a chance to....use tactical positions and quick thinking more.

As for the maps - lulz. I think they're pretty dire and yes they are flat (as Cube said I <3 Uncharted) however, even an FPS like Resistance 3 - way way way better maps, interesting layouts, multiples spots to places, not all flat.

I do like the airport map, thats great, but the majority of others are just "....."

The bottom line, like I said is that I don't find it fun. I'd rather be made of titanium and absorb bullets than have the ultra realism of dying from gun shots. :P

The maps probably seem fairly flat and boring to ReZ because of Uncharted. However, CoD doesn't have the platforming aspect of the gameplay to allow for such amazing maps.

Although I do have to agree that the maps aren't all that great. In CoD for the voting process my mind goes somewhat like "I have that one less, so I'll pick that." Or "NUKETOWN!!!!".

Wurd.

If you die too quickly and you struggle to kill someone who would die just as quickly then surely playing a game where you take more damage before you die would put you at a bigger disadvantage considering the person you're trying to kill would take longer to die too..?

And for those that think CoD isn't tactical, they haven't played CoD with me... I'd make the game much more tactical for you, hell, I'd improve you ten-fold as a player by advising on tactics. I'm confident in saying so.

Edited by Kav

The difference between MW and Battlefield is like the difference between bangers & mash or steak & chips. Two different meals though still made from the same ingredients and after that it's a matter of preference - and it's OK to like both (or neither). Battlefield's my bag right now but I still don't regret a single penny I spent on either of the last 2 MW games. MW3 will be great, everyone who buys it is clearly gonna have a fuck-tonne of fun. Maybe I'll join in a bit later, but right now I have MCOM stations that need dealt with.

The difference between MW and Battlefield is like the difference between bangers & mash or steak & chips. Two different meals though still made from the same ingredients and after that it's a matter of preference - and it's OK to like both (or neither). Battlefield's my bag right now but I still don't regret a single penny I spent on either of the last 2 MW games. MW3 will be great, everyone who buys it is clearly gonna have a fuck-tonne of fun. Maybe I'll join in a bit later, but right now I have MCOM stations that need dealt with.

Not a very good analogy, as 'bangers' are made from pork and 'steak' is a cut of beef :)

Not a very good analogy, as 'bangers' are made from pork and 'steak' is a cut of beef :)

I take your point in relation to the classic version of the dish, but I'll still point out that "steak" describes the cut - you can have pork, mutton, tuna, venison or children steak if you want.

Did I say children? I meant... something else.

Anyway, they're both meals that involve potatoes & meat and usually peas on the side so shut up and be happy. :heh:

If you die too quickly and you struggle to kill someone who would die just as quickly then surely playing a game where you take more damage before you die would put you at a bigger disadvantage considering the person you're trying to kill would take longer to die too..?

I agree with this statement, and clarify that I didn't say the bolded bit. :)

What is in teh collectorz eiditon of MW3?

I agree with this statement, and clarify that I didn't say the bolded bit. :)

What is in teh collectorz eiditon of MW3?

Touché ReZ my good man, if I can try and squirm out of this one I'll say that I never suggested you did say it and simply asked a question for your thought on my point... or if nobody buys that (and rightly so) then I'll try my hand with you mentioning that you're not particularly good at the game and this could perhaps imply my question would be befitting to you... :p

Elite gives you more stuff to do online, bit like a community plus downloads such as the map packs and stuff like that. MW3 Hardened edition comes with a years subscription to Elite which also means a year of map pack downloads.

Hardened costs 80 quid which is double the price but as I usually buy all the map packs which are what £10-£15 each I reckon I'm saving some money. In essence I'm basically paying for the map packs up front but getting a bit more aswell from the Elite membership. As it's just been pay day I thought why not :)

More info on Elite: http://www.callofduty.com/elite

Oh Hardened also has some sort of book and crap like that.

Elite gives you more stuff to do online, bit like a community plus downloads such as the map packs and stuff like that. MW3 Hardened edition comes with a years subscription to Elite which also means a year of map pack downloads.

Hardened costs 80 quid which is double the price but as I usually buy all the map packs which are what £10-£15 each I reckon I'm saving some money. In essence I'm basically paying for the map packs up front but getting a bit more aswell from the Elite membership. As it's just been pay day I thought why not :)

More info on Elite: http://www.callofduty.com/elite

That's my theory too, I'm saving money in the long run buying the Hardened edition.

Oh Hardened also has some sort of book and crap like that.

Oh wow, Activision keeps surprising me with their greedy ways...

Hardly, they're giving you a cheaper option to buy map packs.

I can't wait for this game! I loved MW2 and BO and hopefully MW3 should be even better.

The only thing I would change is the levelling up system, I LOVED Halo 2 style level system where you go up or down depending on how you played. It was such an achievement to move up a level (at least when it was first released), with COD anyone can get to 50/70.

Hardly, they're giving you a cheaper option to buy map packs.

The only thing I would change is the levelling up system, I LOVED Halo 2 style level system where you go up or down depending on how you played. It was such an achievement to move up a level (at least when it was first released), with COD anyone can get to 50/70.

Good shout. Reaching general level was an achievement, as opposed to slogging through ten prestige levels. There's a problem with that though: how would weapon unlocks work?

Absolutely ridiculous!

From IGN:

A leaked copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has been sold on eBay for $1,725.

Unauthorized copies of the game were mistakenly released into the wild this week, when a retailer placed the game on sale. MW3 is not due to be officially released until November 8th.

One copy of the game was placed on eBay and has been picked up for nearly 29 times the retail price of the game. It received a total of 88 bids.

But early play may carry an additional price. Xbox Live's Director of Policy and Enforcement for Stephen Tolouse warned that playing the game online pre-release could result in a ban. He tweeted, "Pre-release play not authorized. Please be patient. Playing early may impact your account!"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!